PDA

View Full Version : It is interesting how shrill the anti-blimp people are becoming

Hook
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Not sure what it all means.
Let's wait until the email tomorrow before getting our knickers in a twist.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I understand some questions it is reasonable but my goodness its been blown out of proportion like crazy

slantedview
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
i know, seriously. go grab a beer and watch some football folks. more information will come once it's sorted out.

Hook
12-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I understand some questions it is reasonable but my goodness its been blown out of proportion like crazy

I agree. I had some complaints, but this is getting out of hand. :D

Doriath
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
i know, seriously. go grab a beer and watch some football folks. more information will come once it's sorted out.

Amen. Especially the grab a beer part. In fact, I need to go grab a fresh one now! :D

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Not sure what it all means.
Let's wait until the email tomorrow before getting our knickers in a twist.

"Imagine.. the mainstream media is mesmerized as the image of the Ron Paul blimp is shown to tens of millions of Americans throughout the day (and throughout the month).

As GPS coordinates stream to the website a map shows the Ron Paul blimp's location in real time. The local television stations broadcast its every move. The curious flock together and make a trip to see history in the making. Emails with pictures are sent, then forwarded, then forwarded again. Youtube videos go viral and reach tens of millions of views. Ron Paul becomes the first presidential candidate in history to have his very own blimp. The PR stunt generates millions upon millions of dollars worth in free publicity, and captures the imagination of America."

Be a sponsor of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/)

I hope this all works out well.
A blimp would be an epic grassroots victory. :)

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
If they are really concerned about the blimp, they need to direct their questions here: http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/contact.php

instead of just pandering to random people in an online forum for some sort of concrete info.

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 10:35 PM
shill
n. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

rory096
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM
shill
n. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
Shrill, not shill.

francisco
12-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Way too much negative commentary from a number of new members that just happened to become interested today. The intellectual elite over at wonkette are having a few laughs over this.

The only effective way to counter this is to make it happen.

Don't try to run over the fools, go around them.

NerveShocker
12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah all these threads against the blimp project from new members when its just starting collecting money are annoying. It's obvious though who they are and that they are here ONLY to damage our efforts. Ignore them and don't respond to their threads so they get no attention, as they should.

Mental Dribble
12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree. The Attorneys and the organizers know what they are doing. Either support it and donate or don't. Add constructive critizism fine, but dont try to throww out calls for it to be scrapped. Are you the one doing the work to make it happen? NO so knock it off!

I've donated my pledge amount.

Mark
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Not anti-blimp. Anti-scam.

And, like, the "pro blimp" profiteers aren't getting "shrill" as soon as someone asks them a legitimate question?

Mark
12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I've donated my pledge amount.

[Admin - remove personal attack ]

slantedview
12-01-2007, 11:18 PM
[Admin - cut]
Mark, your posts are out of line. Unless you know specifically that this is a "scam", how about not flooding this forum with messages implying such.

Lacrosseus
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Way too much negative commentary from a number of new members that just happened to become interested today. The intellectual elite over at wonkette are having a few laughs over this.

The only effective way to counter this is to make it happen.

Don't try to run over the fools, go around them.
You have 150 posts -- since October... and you are an expert?

Perhaps people like me have been reading the forum for months... contributing to the campaign.

Now they, like myself, see something that bothers them -- namely the way this blimp project is headed. In my case, I speak up... and I am attacked by people like you.... who likely came around to Ron Paul longer after I did.

Take a few minutes and step back and take a look at the situation. A large majority of your so called 'anti-blimp' people want very much to see the blimp fly -- but want it to be done the way Ron Paul would want it done. We do not see that situation developing.

Stop attacking and start talking... that is what Dr. Paul would do.

NewEnd
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
[Admin - cut]

You sure are sure its a scam.

You sure are going to be eating lots of crow... in fact, I think, I'll just pull up your posts calling Elijah and Trevor crooks every time you post once the blimp is in the air, regardless of what you post about. I'll just hound you, and make sure every one knows you have no problem throwing around very weighty charges effortlessly.

A false accusation shotputter.

Lacrosseus
12-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah all these threads against the blimp project from new members when its just starting collecting money are annoying. It's obvious though who they are and that they are here ONLY to damage our efforts. Ignore them and don't respond to their threads so they get no attention, as they should.

You have absolutely no factual basis for stating that 'they are ONLY here to damage OUR efforts.'

Given your assumptions about who I am, can I then assume that you have a financial interest on the profit side of this venture since it is YOUR effort and the effort is for-profit?

NerveShocker
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
This is absurd.. Mark is spamming every single post currently all anti-blimp. He has said all kinds of ridiculous things with no proof. Everyone don't be fooled by people like Mark and Lacross. Notice their the only ones complaining (Over and over again). They have made their point but refuse to stop spamming this site in order to hurt our grassroots effort. Ignore them and if you are skeptical wait for the email with details which will be coming shortly(likely tomorrow).

Donate to the Ron Paul Blimp project: www.RonPaulblimp.com

Hook
12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I have some problems with the thing too, but I'm not going around screaming at people in every thread.

Revolution9
12-01-2007, 11:46 PM
[Admin - cut]

Me and Cassie was using the old Ouija board last night, getting our quantum physics geometric dynamics in order, as Mel Kaiserdeck had dropped by for a spin and we wanted to be sure our density formatting was in recursive self embedded furture/past channel attunement mode for proper inspection of aforesaid intelligence assets.

Big C and Cassie when unspun through the Ouija says yer wrong and you have a hidden agenda. Why are playing games when we can see you? You cannot hide.

The blimp will be a huge success. It is part of the preordainment that many dupes will try to derail. The ordination is not derived of men. You will derail yourselves.

:cool:
Randy

slantedview
12-01-2007, 11:52 PM
This is absurd.. Mark is spamming every single post currently all anti-blimp. He has said all kinds of ridiculous things with no proof. Everyone don't be fooled by people like Mark and Lacross. Notice their the only ones complaining (Over and over again). They have made their point but refuse to stop spamming this site in order to hurt our grassroots effort. Ignore them and if you are skeptical wait for the email with details which will be coming shortly(likely tomorrow).

Donate to the Ron Paul Blimp project: www.RonPaulblimp.com
yeah, in fact they apparently have nothing better to do since they've been here compaining about the blimp ALL DAY. seriously guys...

McDermit
12-02-2007, 12:56 AM
You need to take into account though, that the blimp site was advertised to meetups and other non forum members. Some of those with questions or concerns will undoubtedly be signing up here to find out more info and voice their opinions.

It would be wise to treat new members respectfully, regardless of the content of their posts.

Revolutn
12-02-2007, 02:14 AM
It would be wise to treat new members respectfully, regardless of the content of their posts.

OK, I'm on the 'newer' side myself but I came here fleeing the negativity and trolling on the worldwide meetup board - I just couldn't deal anymore, especially since it ended up being about the same 2 or 3 dozen people doing 80-90% of the posting.

Here there's a lot more activity, and while there's plenty of negativity, I find more encouragement as the greater number of positive posts and posters.

So....that being said....while I agree in spirit that every new poster should be treated with respect.

I do not agree that they should be treated with respect REGARDLESS of their post content.

Their content should be precisely what determines how we respond to them.

And no that doesn't mean you flame a genuine post of questioning or concern, but can't we all pretty well spot a troll by key words phrases or posting patterns over a period of time?

Rev