PDA

View Full Version : Resist the urge to feed the trolls

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
By posting responses to people who start threads that contain an agenda to derail the blimp effort, all we do is keep the negativity at the top of the page.

cero
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
yes please

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
By posting responses to people who start threads that contain an agenda to derail the blimp effort, all we do is keep the negativity at the top of the page.

'Support' the positive threads :)
Please, Allow Me A Moment To Request We Unite In Support Of The Ron Paul Blimp (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45546)

Drknows
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Its easy to tell who the trolls are. They just signed up and their first couple posts involve the blimp project.

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, the calmer voices and more reasoned and constructive criticism comes from people with hundreds of posts under their belt.

If this gets too bad we could perhaps put a *block* on the subforum to anyone with less than 50 posts. Make the trolls work at blending in for a few days.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
It is geat to get new support but it is hard to sometimes to tell the weeds from the grass

slantedview
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
the trolls are out in force today, all day. ridiculous.

rory096
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Its easy to tell who the trolls are. They just signed up and their first couple posts involve the blimp project.
Er, not necessarily. I just signed up and my posts are nearly all about the blimp project. I've read the forums for a while but never felt any need to sign up until I saw all this attacking of the blimp.

cero
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
thanks man

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Er, not necessarily. I just signed up and my posts are nearly all about the blimp project. I've read the forums for a while but never felt any need to sign up until I saw all this attacking of the blimp.

I understand, because there are quite a few forums that I've never posted on, but read often.

When someone has less than 10 posts, AND all their posts are attempts to derail the blimp, it makes them more obvious.

Of course, the trolls are getting tricker these days. Some realize that to play the shill game the right way, they've got to pen a few pro-Paul posts first to give themselves the air of credibility.:p

Bakkhus
12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
You know, having read through lots of threads I really have hardly seen any trolls. What I have seen though repeatedly is new members who've decided to join the forum to voice legitimate concerns and observations about what they thought was a really cool and exciting project (aka the blimp) being browbeaten and personally attacked as trolls. But then of course who really cares what I think since I am obviously a recently arrived troll trying to defend myself. Keep up the great job alienating new Paul supporters. The level of discourse here is becoming a boon to Paul's critics and competition.

stefans
12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
You know, having read through lots of threads I really have hardly seen any trolls. What I have seen though repeatedly is new members who've decided to join the forum to voice legitimate concerns and observations about what they thought was a really cool and exciting project (aka the blimp) being browbeaten and personally attacked as trolls.

there's a difference between demanding transparency/accountability and demanding to cancel the project for no good reason.

Indy Vidual
12-02-2007, 12:18 AM
There are no trolls here...
....there are no trolls, there is just troll behavior... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32994)

timosman
03-05-2018, 10:50 AM
necro bump, 10+ years

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-05-2018, 10:33 PM
necro bump, 10+ years

Man, I thought turds were long petrified by that time, but his odor marches on.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKufYEGNwRTKB34Fh_0kQXmDcLDeuTR nGCBobXZpEbCXb1LY2Sjw

TheTexan
03-05-2018, 10:55 PM
We just need to ban the trolls and be done with it

r3volution 3.0
03-05-2018, 11:03 PM
We just need to ban the trolls and be done with it

People who don't value our roadz should probably be banned..