PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Sign Order Barring Federal Discrimination against Gays

Ronin Truth
07-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Newsmax

Obama to Sign Order Barring Federal Discrimination against Gays

Friday, July 18, 2014 04:26 PM

By: REUTERS

President Barack Obama will sign an executive order on Monday barring federal contractors from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, senior administration officials said.

The White House said last month that Obama would issue the order but declined to give details on its content or the timing of when he would do so.

The order will allow some exemptions for religious groups that are federal contractors but not as much flexibility as the groups had wanted.

A religious organization would be barred from making hiring decisions based on sexual orientation or gender identity. Exceptions would be allowed for ministers, and groups would be allowed to favor individuals of a particular religion when hiring.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-federal-discrimination-gays/2014/07/18/id/583611/?ns_mail_uid=53655089&ns_mail_job=1578058_07192014&promo_code=gtnhshfb

Obama must be getting really desperate, he's now blatantly trolling for votes from just 2.3% of the population, just in case.

MelissaWV
07-20-2014, 12:51 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-federal-discrimination-gays/2014/07/18/id/583611/?ns_mail_uid=53655089&ns_mail_job=1578058_07192014&promo_code=gtnhshfb

Obama must be getting really desperate, he's now blatantly trolling for votes from just 2.3% of the population, just in case.

As an on-paper demographic, it'd be more than 2.3% because it assumes not only all LGBT votes, but also their support network (family, friends, etc.). In reality, there are those who aren't interested in politics at all, and those who don't need to feel like part of some weird endangered species act. "Equal" rights should mean that we all have the same rights --- and we do, until Government steps in and makes some animals more equal than others.

euphemia
07-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Illegals streaming across our borders, a mess in the Middle East, a bloodbath in Chicago last weekend, another plane shot down, and the President has time for this? I thought this was already covered in existing law?

William Tell
07-20-2014, 01:11 PM
This is disgusting, no regard for the Constitution, typical Obama.

PaulConventionWV
07-20-2014, 04:21 PM

You mean to tell me he's running for a third term? :eek:

euphemia
07-20-2014, 04:34 PM

It seems very odd, doesn't it? With all the laws we have on the books already, it feels like he did this in a vacuum. Why?

Ronin Truth
07-20-2014, 05:48 PM
No he wants a totally Democrat controlled Congress, nor to lose the Senate.

Republicanguy
07-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Change like this can only happen this way, it may seem extreme, stupid. But imagine living in a pretty rough place because of sexuality, I guess you'd value a law like that.

Origanalist
07-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Change like this can only happen this way, it may seem extreme, stupid. But imagine living in a pretty rough place because of sexuality, I guess you'd value a law like that.

Hope and change baby, hope and change.

Root
07-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Hope for change baby, hope for change.

fixed it for you

Origanalist
07-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Depends on the change, these days you better be careful what you wish for.

MelissaWV
07-23-2014, 04:35 PM

I have no idea what you mean by "living in a pretty rough place." Is there a huge percentage of LGBT folks who live in poverty or in dangerous neighborhoods due to being LGBT?

Acala
07-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Illegals streaming across our borders, a mess in the Middle East, a bloodbath in Chicago last weekend, another plane shot down, and the President has time for this? I thought this was already covered in existing law?

There are no Federal statutes banning discrimination based on sexual orientation as far as I know.

Acala
07-23-2014, 04:41 PM

Huh? Change can only happen through executive orders?

Republicanguy
07-27-2014, 03:34 PM
I have no idea what you mean by "living in a pretty rough place." Is there a huge percentage of LGBT folks who live in poverty or in dangerous neighborhoods due to being LGBT?

No the point is, that people who are gay face a lot of prejudice. That is the purpose of these dumb laws.

MelissaWV
07-27-2014, 06:53 PM
No the point is, that people who are gay face a lot of prejudice. That is the purpose of these dumb laws.

To cause additional prejudice and cultivate a more favorable view of Government by yet another protected group? I would agree that is the purpose of these dumb laws.

Frankly, just like with racism and sexism, the loudest people in favor of doing the "protecting" have no true basis for what ends up becoming law. It's just more noise.

PaulConventionWV
07-27-2014, 07:01 PM

Right, change can ONLY happen if the president says so. Sounds legit.

I guess that's what Obama's campaign slogan really meant. Interesting...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Discrimination laws sound like discrimination.