PDA

View Full Version : RT Interviewer Becomes Very Defensive About Her Employer Being Called A Propaganda Operation

Constitutional Paulicy
07-20-2014, 03:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmTrTJ4Y1Xc&feature=youtube_gdata

Natural Citizen
07-20-2014, 04:22 AM
That was a good discussion. Boyko is badass though. If you've never seen some of her debates then definitely check them out. Some good points from both here.

Of course, refering to news as propaganda is, itself, propaganda but that's a debate for another day, I suppose. And, of course, there is something to be said about reporting from the ground versus the we ask, you decide gag from some studio in New York. Let's just say that some folks are rather selective about what they choose to ask. And with war happening all over the world it seems rather amateur to only be able to focus on one. Or, again, just selective...

Peace&Freedom
07-20-2014, 04:37 AM
I woke up this morning to see CNN going from a full tilt anti-Russia panel discussion on the plane shootdown, to a full tilt pro-Israel presentation of the Gaza crisis, with the news emphasizing "4 dead Israeli soldiers" since the ground assault began. Flip to RT, and they are reporting the lack of verification for the claims the West is making, the exclusion of non-Western groups from investigating the crash site, and lead their Gaza coverage by pointing out that 400 Palestinian civilians had been killed.

If there's a propaganda bombardment going on, it's clearly two sided, and Boyko is correct to point out it is at least as prevalent in the West's news coverage as it is anywhere else.

angelatc
07-20-2014, 08:24 AM
If there's a propaganda bombardment going on, it's clearly two sided, and Boyko is correct to point out it is at least as prevalent in the West's news coverage as it is anywhere else.

Yeah that's the thing. Russia Today isn't a legitimate news source, but neither is anything that we're spoon fed. And these days between the Russia stuff and the endless wailing over "poor little" Israel's aggression into Gaza, I can't stand to watch or read anything official on TV, and the right wing news sites are just as bad.

acptulsa
07-20-2014, 08:43 AM

The unfortunate thing is, by the time the MSM shills the Official Bull (MSMOBS) and Russia Today and others counter it, you get something resembling two sides to the story, but the MSM stories are still magnified--doubly so--by the coverage. Between them, you might get a more well-rounded perspective on the most covered events, but you still don't get sane perspective on just how important Israel and the Ukraine are not in the grand scheme of things.

Working Poor
07-20-2014, 09:13 AM
I don't believe hardly anything on the news anymore especially when I see how the stabbing of my brother was handled on the news. They said he will be alright: while he lays in a hospital bed in intensive care and is not okay at all they got the location wrong too. The only thing that was accurate about the reporting is that he was stabbed multiple times.

Henry Rogue
07-20-2014, 09:31 AM
I agree with the Lady interviewer, the biggest lie of all is that journalism has integrity or is unbiased.

AngryCanadian
07-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Yeah that's the thing. Russia Today isn't a legitimate news source, but neither is anything that we're spoon fed. And these days between the Russia stuff and the endless wailing over "poor little" Israel's aggression into Gaza, I can't stand to watch or read anything official on TV, and the right wing news sites are just as bad.

Russia Today isn't a legitimate news source,

Russia Today is an legitimate news source, still waiting for actual proof that its owned by Putin.

Ronin Truth
07-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Apparently old Pravda and Izvestia habits really die hard.

Dr.3D
07-20-2014, 11:43 AM
This brings up the question, is there such a thing as a news source that isn't running a propaganda operation? It believe they are all biased and present what they want people to believe is true. Some seem more biased that others, but perhaps that would be due to my own bias.