PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul at Reboot Conference: Idiots and Trolls in Washington Can't Outthink the Market

jct74
07-19-2014, 03:21 PM
RAND PAUL AT REBOOT CONFERENCE: IDIOTS AND TROLLS IN WASHINGTON CAN'T OUT THINK THE MARKET

by RAHEEM KASSAM
19 Jul 2014, 1:45 PM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO, California – Senator Rand Paul (R) delivered a speech to the ‘conservatarian’ Reboot conference in Silicon Valley today, where hundreds of libertarians and conservatives gathered to discuss technology, politics, and innovation.

Paul kicked off by talking about his disdain for Washington, D.C., claiming that he could not help but think of the Ayn Rand book the Fountainhead whenever he thought about Washington, D.C.

The Senator’s speech was heavily geared towards the small government advocates in the audience, though he was repeatedly cautious enough to say that he didn’t believe in no government at all. His thoughts on education reform were well received. He claimed that politicians can’t deliver better education, “they can barely put their shoes on”.

Rather, he said, “Teaching and education should be like professional football or baseball. There are extraordinary people... but they [couldn’t] be in every classroom. But [thanks to the internet] now they can be in every classroom.”

“We’re going to see a revolution in education where the LeBron James of education is going to have two million people watching him every day teaching calculus or whatever it is”

“Hopefully the marketplace figures out how to give them extraordinary rewards”.

read more:
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/07/19/Sen-Paul-Comments-Reboot

Brian4Liberty
07-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Speaking on employment, Sen Paul joked about a Dilbert cartoon whereby a mother expresses concern over her son being replaced by a robot. Dilbert shoots back, “I’ve met your son, and I’m pretty sure he could be replaced by a hammer”.

Paul used the joke as a segue into serious trepidations over the U.S. education system: “I’m not concerned with the American worker being replaced by a robot, but seriously, by a hammer,” he said, reflecting on the poor education that many Americans are getting from the current schooling system in the country.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/07/19/Sen-Paul-Comments-Reboot

Yep, you gotta be able to use a hammer... ;)

Big Business Interests Making Amnesty Push in States Amid Border Crisis

*Translation: "We can't find trained workers who will work for less than market rates. And we won't train anyone either. But our foreman says that he has a village full of experts that he can bring in at a big discount (his cousin knows how to use a hammer). So, there's a shortage."

devil21
07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
He brought up trolls at a techie/IT political conference? That man is after my own heart :D