PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control Joystick = 350k easy

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 08:56 PM
How about hooking up a remote control joystick to it, so you can move it around from remote? I bet a rich donor would shell out 350k for that easily :D

steph3n
12-01-2007, 08:56 PM
How about hooking up a remove control joystick to it, so you can move it around from remove? I bet a rich donor would shell out 350k for that easily :D

interesting i think NASA did this with a rover once :D
(the camera i think was all however)

RlxdN10sity
12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
It would be cool but impractical to control the airship with a joystick. What might be nearly as cool but very do-able though is that we could offer online control of a pan, tilt and zoom camera that is on the airship using a GUI through the Ron Paul blimp website. We could have people new to the message of Ron Paul watch an RP video to get a turn to control the camera for so many minutes per each video they view, or whatever other action they take that we would find beneficial to the campaign.

trueg
12-02-2007, 01:57 AM
We could have people new to the message of Ron Paul watch an RP video to get a turn to control the camera for so many minutes per each video they view, or whatever other action they take that we would find beneficial to the campaign.

Excellent Idea!:D

RlxdN10sity
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Glad you think so trueg. It would certainly be more feasible than remote flying the blimp itself. Just so you know, people like you and I would be considered trolls around here if we were to post something relevent that could be considered an alternate view point. Unless you have 500+ posts on the forum, your automatically a troll. Just FYI.

steph3n
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Glad you think so trueg. It would certainly be more feasible than remote flying the blimp itself. Just so you know, people like you and I would be considered trolls around here if we were to post something relevent that could be considered an alternate view point. Unless you have 500+ posts on the forum, your automatically a troll. Just FYI.

it is fine :) I'd just mentioned the camera thing anyway :D I do think the camera idea is great

Doriath
12-02-2007, 11:13 PM
interesting i think NASA did this with a rover once :D
(the camera i think was all however)

OOHHHH. Now there is an idea: the Ron Paul Mars Rover! For $5k you can spend 15 minutes driving a golf cart on another planet! :D

steph3n
12-02-2007, 11:13 PM
OOHHHH. Now there is an idea: the Ron Paul Mars Rover! For $5k you can spend 15 minutes driving a golf cart on another planet! :D

I prefer in the desert of arizona :D

(just a joke I don't mean anything by it media!)

rrroae
12-02-2007, 11:14 PM
IWhat might be nearly as cool but very do-able though is that we could offer online control of a pan, tilt and zoom camera that is on the airship using a GUI through the Ron Paul blimp website. We could have people new to the message of Ron Paul watch an RP video to get a turn to control the camera for so many minutes per each video they view, or whatever other action they take that we would find beneficial to the campaign.

Hmmm. Might have fights over who gets to play with the camera next.

Very good idea!

Primbs
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
We can also have a contest for what ever group helps out the most gets a visit from the Blimp.