PDA

View Full Version : Publicly Usable Image Repository?

Exponent
05-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Does anyone happen to know of a source of decent-quality images of Ron Paul and related campaign images?

I'm trying to put together a CD with some information in HTML format, along with a bunch of videos of interviews, speeches, debates, and so forth. I'm initially doing it to simply send to my mom, who doesn't have high speed internet or cable TV (and lives 8 hours away, so I can't just invite her over), but is interested in seeing some videso of him. But I might want to expand it a little more eventually, and I'd like it to look nice, and be as legal as I can make it. (Some news sites have decent pictures, but they also probably have copyrights and lawyers and all.)

Plus, other people might be interested in such a repository, for similar reasons. I'm sure we could freely grab stuff off of RonPaul2008.com or Ron's MySpace site, but they have a rather limited selection.

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2007, 03:05 AM
There is 4GB of FTP space on ronpaulpresshub.com.

-n

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 06:56 AM
I would say to contact Ron's campaign headquarters and
ask for material to use... especially high resolution images
and content.

Most of the images I have seen are compressed for the
web and not ideal for printing.

A central repository would be very helpful too.

- Dave

DrStrabismus
05-19-2007, 07:15 AM
there's a set of photos on his Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/RonPaul2008

chordchaser
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I've created a repository for Ron Paul images as well as campaign materials. Presently there are some decent images there although the majority were intended for web use and don't meet print requirements except at very small sizes. There are several print-ready pdf files: brochures, fliers, door hangers, etc. which I've created myself.

I'm trying to attract other designers to assist with projects, share ideas and images, etc. I understand there is some hesitation to join yahoo groups (not sure why) and/or to jump from site to site to look for images (I understand that), but I'm currently seeing several new members per day regardless of those issues. I'm open to suggestions and invite you to visit the site and help yourself to anything you see there as well as upload your own work to make it available. The site has a mission statement which explains its purpose.

Thanks —Neal
The Ron Paul Graphics Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RonPaulGraphics/