PDA

View Full Version : NYC - Man choked to death by cops over (unfound) untaxed cigarettes.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2014, 12:04 AM
You know what's encouraging...the comments.

This has not gotten out to the "usual suspect" sites, so it reflects a little better, perhaps, on what people actually think.

Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-man-dies-puts-choke-hold-article-1.1871486?google_editors_picks=true

Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:41 PM

A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video of the incident shows.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.

Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the Daily News.

She got no details from police until after she had gone to the hospital to identify his body, she said.

“I saw him with his eyes wide open and I said, ‘Babe, don’t leave me, I need you.’ But he was already gone,” she said.

A family friend searching for her in the hospital ran into detectives from the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Division. The friend put them on the phone with her, the grieving widow said.

She spoke with a Detective Howard, who told her, “I’m sorry for your loss,” she said. He said his office was involved “because there is wrongdoing,” she said.

Police officials said Garner had a history of arrests for selling untaxed cigarettes. Cops said they observed him selling his wares Thursday on Bay St. and moved in for an arrest.

An NYPD spokesman would only say the man “was being placed in custody, went into cardiac arrest and died” at Richmond University Medical Center.

But Esaw Garner and other family members said it was a trumped up claim.

“They’re covering their asses, he was breaking up a fight. They harassed and harassed my husband until they killed him,” she said. Garner’s family said he didn’t have any cigarettes on him or in his car at the time of his death.

She said she pleaded with police at the hospital to tell her what happened, but they brushed her off.

“They wouldn’t tell me anything,” she said.

<snip>

At the video’s end, the cop who had choke-held Garner can be seen staring at the camera that was videotaping him.

“This had nothing to do with the fight, this had something to do with something else,” the cop said, and walked away.

A law enforcement source said the incident was troubling.

“A guy is dead in our custody. That is always a potential problem,” the source said.

Pictures and video and the rest of the story at the link...

aGameOfThrones
07-18-2014, 12:16 AM
They're not murderers if they wear a costume.

Mani
07-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Interesting they referenced this in the comments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

DamianTV
07-18-2014, 01:32 AM
What is the point of having "Police Protection" if they are not there to protect you, but only to protect the very tippy top 0.0001%?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-18-2014, 04:30 AM
jeeze russia is getting worse every day
oh wait

tod evans
07-18-2014, 04:58 AM
Justice will not be found in their courts.

Henry Rogue
07-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Murdered over nothing. Chaos, chaos, chaos.

mrsat_98
07-18-2014, 05:37 AM
They're not murderers if they wear a costume.

Funny thing when one does in the line of duty hundreds of officers show for the ceremonies, is that because no one else will attend.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/22f7a4c3-www.foxsanantonio.com.shtml#.U8kGkvldV8E

Anti Federalist
07-18-2014, 10:23 AM
The mighty Will Grigg picks up this story.

From Zero to Murder in Minutes: The Latent Lethality of Every Police Encounter

William Norman Grigg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/from-zero-to-murder-in-minutes-the-latent-lethality-of-every-police-encounter/

Whitehall, Pennsylvania resident Kevin McCullers may be crippled for life after being shot repeatedly in the back by a Pennsylvania State Constable trying to serve a warrant for unpaid parking tickets. At the time of the assault McCullers was backing out of his driveway on his way to Dunkin’ Donuts. The officer insisted — let’s all say it together — that he acted out of fear for his life, a condition that is diligently cultivated within the state’s enforcement caste.

“They never knocked on the door! No nothing! I just heard the gunshots!” exclaimed Hafeezah Muhammad, a neighbor who witnessed the attempted homicide.

In a fine display of impartiality between the victim and his would-be murderer, Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin conceded that the costumed assailant made “mistakes” and is part of a corps of tax-farmers operate “under no one’s direct supervision” — but said that the victim could have avoided being shot if he had arranged to make the extortion payments on an installment plan.

McCullers was more fortunate than Eric Garner, an asthmatic street vendor who suffocated beneath a half-ton of privileged, state-subsidized suet after five NYPD officers threw him to the sidewalk. One of the assailants put Garner in a chokehold; he was quickly joined by several others who slammed the victim’s head repeatedly to the concrete. Following standard procedure, other officers provided a barricade to protect their comrades as they murdered Garner, who had six children and two grandchildren. One officer threatened a citizen who video-recorded the entire atrocity.

Unlike the belligerent parasites who murdered him, Garner was a productive citizen and a peacemaker: He had just broken up a fight before the police arrived. In doing so he humiliated the armed tax-farmers, who immediately began harassing him in search of a pretext to kidnap him. He had court dates in October for the supposed offenses of pot possession and “possessing or selling untaxed cigarettes,” which was apparently treated as a pretext for a purely retaliatory arrest.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the New York Daily News. Every time a citizen leaves his home –or even backs out of his driveway — he runs the risk of an encounter with the police, who are perfectly capable of going from zero to murder in minute when dealing with trivial matters of revenue collection. Of course, the home offers no sanctuary in a country where police routinely kick in doors in SWAT raids that occur before daybreak or after sunset.

youngbuck
07-18-2014, 10:37 AM
This story hits home because a close loved one of mine has severe asthma. I could imagine these filthy, murderous pigs accosting them to the point of a deadly asthma attack. And it would be extremely easy to trigger an asthma attack in a severe asthmatic with pepper spray.

Philhelm
07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjHoTDKx1Eg

Good movie. Haven't seen the remake. Oh, sorry, reboot. I suppose remake is to reboot as comic book is to graphic novel.

aGameOfThrones
07-18-2014, 12:54 PM
http://issuehawk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/charlie-eipper1-530x332.jpg

DamianTV
07-18-2014, 04:43 PM
This story hits home because a close loved on mine has severe asthma. I could imagine these filthy, murderous pigs accosting them to the point of a deadly asthma attack. And it would be extremely easy to trigger an asthma attack in a severe asthmatic with pepper spray.

Off topic, but has this loved one of yours ever been tested for Vitamin D3 deficiency? It may not be a cure-all, or panacea, but may be a contributing factor, including overall general health. Im sure others more knowledgable could fill you in more on Asthma + Vitamin D...

(Very possible I got this info wrong, but at least worth looking into)

On topic - Some people have Pacemakers. A shock from a Tazer could just as easily disrupt their hearts. Asthma + Pepper Spray / Mace seems to be just as bad.

heavenlyboy34
07-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Off topic, but has this loved one of yours ever been tested for Vitamin D3 deficiency? It may not be a cure-all, or panacea, but may be a contributing factor, including overall general health. Im sure others more knowledgable could fill you in more on Asthma + Vitamin D...

(Very possible I got this info wrong, but at least worth looking into)

On topic - Some people have Pacemakers. A shock from a Tazer could just as easily disrupt their hearts. Asthma + Pepper Spray / Mace seems to be just as bad.
Some people have VNS implants too (more likely will in the future as it will probably be approved for depression and other similar disorders). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagus_nerve_stimulator I imagine a tazer shot would paralyze or kill someone with such an implant.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-19-2014, 01:27 AM
A similar event happened in Taiwan in 1947 which inevitably led to a revolution...

On the evening of February 27, 1947 a Tobacco Monopoly Bureau enforcement team in Taipei went to the Taipeiting District (太平町) of Dadaocheng (present-day Nanjing West Road), where they confiscated contraband cigarettes from a 40 year old widow named Lin Jiang-mai (林江邁) at the Tianma teahouse (天馬茶房)(25.0540029°N 121.5123282°E). They took her savings of the non-taxed (illegal) cigarettes. She demanded for their return. One of the men holding a gun hit Lin's head with a pistol, prompting the surrounding Taiwanese crowd to challenge the Tobacco Monopoly agents. As they fled one agent shot his gun into the crowd, killing one bystander who lunged at him. The crowd, which had already been harboring many feelings of frustration from unemployment, inflation and corruption of the Nationalist government, reached its breaking point. The crowd protested to both the police and the gendarmes, but was mostly ignored

Violence flared the following morning on February 28. Security forces at the Governor-General's Office, armed with swords(?), tried to disperse the crowd. Some fired on the protesters who were calling for the arrest and trial of the agents involved in the previous day's shooting, resulting in several deaths.[9] Formosans took over the administration of the town and military bases on March 4 and forced their way into local radio station to protest.[10] By evening, martial law had been declared and curfews were enforced by the arrest or shooting of anyone who violated curfew.

For several weeks after the February 28 Incident, the Taiwanese civilians controlled much of Taiwan. The initial riots were spontaneous and somewhat violent. Within a few days the Taiwanese were generally coordinated and organized, and public order in Taiwanese-held areas was upheld by volunteer civilians organized by students, and unemployed former Japanese army soldiers. Local leaders formed a Settlement Committee, which presented the government with a list of 32 Demands for reform of the provincial administration. They demanded, among other things, greater autonomy, free elections, surrender of the ROC Army to the Settlement Committee, and an end to governmental corruption. Motivations among the various Taiwanese groups varied; some demanded greater autonomy within the ROC, while others wanted UN trusteeship or full independence.[11] The Taiwanese also demanded representation in the forthcoming peace treaty negotiations with Japan, hoping to secure a plebiscite to determine the island's political future.

source... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/228_Incident

BTW that event led to martial law which was the longest in world history, lasting 38 years until 1987. Gradually after martial law was lifted, Taiwan evolved into a fully functioning democracy.

osan
07-19-2014, 06:22 AM
This should surprise nobody. This is what NYPD does.

They have always been corrupt, but I remember a time when they left the average man alone, content to involve only themselves in their various perfidies such as showing up to Tonio's for their large bags of cocaine. Just as with the rest of the nation's departments, NYPD is no longer content with that chunk of criminal privilege. They want it all.

People in NYC are almost completely disarmed and can do nothing except cower and pray they do not come to unwanted attention... or move out. Most choose the former and so I have no sympathy for them. They accept the conditions of their serfdom - who am I to object on their behalf?

thoughtomator
07-19-2014, 07:44 AM
People in NYC are almost completely disarmed...

only officially

Unofficially, NYC is armed to the teeth.

Origanalist
07-19-2014, 08:12 AM
http://issuehawk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/charlie-eipper1-530x332.jpg

What in the hell is that?

nvrmnd, found it

Sgt. Charlie Eipper has been a professional warrior in the service of his country and community for approximately 23 years. He spent three years in the U.S. Army as a helicopter pilot. He presently serves as a Police Officer with the Wichita Falls Police Department in his home town of Wichita Falls, Texas. Sixteen years of Charlie’s 20 year career as an Officer of the law was spent on the SWAT team. During his term as a SWAT team member and the supervisor of the department’s Gang Task Force, Charlie has been involved in several incidents involving the use of deadly force and killing.

Charlie has been a member of Grace Church located in Wichita Falls, Texas for 20 years. He has received extensive Biblical training in the church including a close mentorship for the last 12 years with the Lead Pastor, Dr. Thomas Rodgers. While under the tutelage of Dr. Rodgers, Charlie was coached in the skill of accurately interpreting Scripture through diligent contextual observation.

Charlie earned his Bachelor of Science in Education degree in 1989 which prepared him to teach levels K-12 in the public school system. In 2004, he received his law enforcement instructor certification from the state of Texas Peace Officer licensing agency, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Enforcement (TCLEOSE). He has seized several opportunities to teach on Jesus’ perspective on killing in both law enforcement and civilian venues.

Charlie has combined his skills in instruction with his personal experience in killing as a Christian warrior providing him the ability to connect with the reader. He has “earned the right to be heard” among his colleagues in the military and law enforcement. Considering his credentials and experience, Sgt. Charlie Eipper is the logical choice to author Jesus Christ On Killing. http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-Killing-Charlie-Eipper-ebook/dp/B00ISWK9K8

Um.......onward Christian soldiers?

JK/SEA
07-19-2014, 08:23 AM
this guy needs his own country.

aGameOfThrones
07-19-2014, 09:32 AM

nvrmnd, found it

A teacher with a badge!

Anti Federalist
07-19-2014, 09:51 AM
A teacher with a badge!

Coming soon to "educate" you.

GunnyFreedom
07-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Coming soon to "educate" you.

"Now Billy, this is why Jesus Christ likes it when we kill people. It's for your own good."

PaulConventionWV
07-19-2014, 11:48 AM
You know what's encouraging...the comments.

This has not gotten out to the "usual suspect" sites, so it reflects a little better, perhaps, on what people actually think.

Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-man-dies-puts-choke-hold-article-1.1871486?google_editors_picks=true

Published: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:41 PM

A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video of the incident shows.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.

Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the Daily News.

She got no details from police until after she had gone to the hospital to identify his body, she said.

“I saw him with his eyes wide open and I said, ‘Babe, don’t leave me, I need you.’ But he was already gone,” she said.

A family friend searching for her in the hospital ran into detectives from the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Division. The friend put them on the phone with her, the grieving widow said.

She spoke with a Detective Howard, who told her, “I’m sorry for your loss,” she said. He said his office was involved “because there is wrongdoing,” she said.

Police officials said Garner had a history of arrests for selling untaxed cigarettes. Cops said they observed him selling his wares Thursday on Bay St. and moved in for an arrest.

An NYPD spokesman would only say the man “was being placed in custody, went into cardiac arrest and died” at Richmond University Medical Center.

But Esaw Garner and other family members said it was a trumped up claim.

“They’re covering their asses, he was breaking up a fight. They harassed and harassed my husband until they killed him,” she said. Garner’s family said he didn’t have any cigarettes on him or in his car at the time of his death.

She said she pleaded with police at the hospital to tell her what happened, but they brushed her off.

“They wouldn’t tell me anything,” she said.

<snip>

At the video’s end, the cop who had choke-held Garner can be seen staring at the camera that was videotaping him.

“This had nothing to do with the fight, this had something to do with something else,” the cop said, and walked away.

A law enforcement source said the incident was troubling.

“A guy is dead in our custody. That is always a potential problem,” the source said.

Pictures and video and the rest of the story at the link...

Is it just me or did I detect a smidgen of remorse in that cop's behavior before he walked away?

Oh, and Mr. "A dead guy is a potential problem for us" is what troubles me the most. Your choice of words, sir, is very telling.

Who refers to a murder victim as a "potential problem" except for those who MIGHT suffer extremely minor backlash? Don't express your regrets that it happened, just let everybody know that you are afraid this could tarnish your outstanding reputation.

Potential problem, my ass. See my sig.

EDIT: I take it back, there was no remorse. These are some cold bastards.

Anti Federalist
07-19-2014, 01:16 PM

Failure to Comply.

Contemp of Cop.

Nothing will get you killed faster around cops.

GunnyFreedom
07-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Is it just me or did I detect a smidgen of remorse in that cop's behavior before he walked away?

Oh, and Mr. "A dead guy is a potential problem for us" is what troubles me the most. Your choice of words, sir, is very telling.

Who refers to a murder victim as a "potential problem" except for those who MIGHT suffer extremely minor backlash? Don't express your regrets that it happened, just let everybody know that you are afraid this could tarnish your outstanding reputation.

Potential problem, my ass. See my sig.

this 'potential problem' quote is, in fact what also resonated with me the most when I read this article. Frankly, the implications are horrifying. and might even be debilitating if they weren't entirely expected.

surf
07-19-2014, 02:08 PM
comments are encouraging, for lack of a better word.

PaulConventionWV
07-19-2014, 04:16 PM
this 'potential problem' quote is, in fact what also resonated with me the most when I read this article. Frankly, the implications are horrifying. and might even be debilitating if they weren't entirely expected.

Exactly. The question then becomes, why is nobody offended when the NYPD kills a man and then publicly worries about their image by brushing his death off as a "potential problem"? Why is this expected behavior?

Keep in mind, this is ALL that statement says about it. The fact that they used the word "problem" implies that they are directly referring to them and their own officers because that's the only context in which the word "problem" even makes sense. It's a problem for THEM and THEM only, at least as they see it. It's a potential problem because either they might have their image tarnished, or a lawsuit could set them back in revenue collection. Those are the only possible problems they could be referring to. There were no words of regret or remorse or sympathy, just a public statement that this could pose a problem to the department's good standing. And the kicker is... nobody seems to even care about the NYPD's bold lack of concern. The fact that they can say this as if it were the most normal thing in the world is shocking. It may not be shocking that they think that, but that they said it and nobody is reacting IS shocking.

Occam's Banana
07-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on.

Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on ...

osan
07-19-2014, 09:42 PM

nvrmnd, found it

Sgt. Charlie Eipper has been a professional warrior in the service of his country and community for approximately 23 years. He spent three years in the U.S. Army as a helicopter pilot. He presently serves as a Police Officer with the Wichita Falls Police Department in his home town of Wichita Falls, Texas. Sixteen years of Charlie’s 20 year career as an Officer of the law was spent on the SWAT team. During his term as a SWAT team member and the supervisor of the department’s Gang Task Force, Charlie has been involved in several incidents involving the use of deadly force and killing.

Charlie has been a member of Grace Church located in Wichita Falls, Texas for 20 years. He has received extensive Biblical training in the church including a close mentorship for the last 12 years with the Lead Pastor, Dr. Thomas Rodgers. While under the tutelage of Dr. Rodgers, Charlie was coached in the skill of accurately interpreting Scripture through diligent contextual observation.

Charlie earned his Bachelor of Science in Education degree in 1989 which prepared him to teach levels K-12 in the public school system. In 2004, he received his law enforcement instructor certification from the state of Texas Peace Officer licensing agency, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Enforcement (TCLEOSE). He has seized several opportunities to teach on Jesus’ perspective on killing in both law enforcement and civilian venues.

Charlie has combined his skills in instruction with his personal experience in killing as a Christian warrior providing him the ability to connect with the reader. He has “earned the right to be heard” among his colleagues in the military and law enforcement. Considering his credentials and experience, Sgt. Charlie Eipper is the logical choice to author Jesus Christ On Killing. http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-K.../dp/B00ISWK9K8 (http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-Killing-Charlie-Eipper-ebook/dp/B00ISWK9K8)

What in diddling hell is a rational adult supposed to make of this? Jesus' perspective on killing?? Did Jesus write a book or a term paper or something on the matter?

No, seriously, things like this make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone or trapped in the church of the subgenius with no doors back to the real world.

phill4paul
07-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Update...

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City police officer involved in the arrest of a man who died in custody after being placed in an apparent chokehold has been stripped of his gun and badge and placed on desk duty, police said Saturday.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, and an officer who has been with the force for four years were both taken off the street after the death Thursday of 43-year-old Eric Garner on Staten Island, police said.

The department would not identify the second officer but said he would retain his gun and badge while on desk duty. The reassignment is effective immediately and will remain in effect while Garner's death is being investigated, police said.

The president of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the city's largest police union, called Pantaleo's reassignment a "completely unwarranted, knee-jerk reaction."

The decision, Patrick Lynch said in a statement, "effectively pre-judges" the case and denies Pantaleo the "very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job."

I wonder why the NYPD would take such drastic action?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/31/20/02/6619269/3/622x350.jpg

Oh, they've been Sharptoned. I wonder when he will pose with Shaneen Allen or the family of Miriam Carey?

presence
07-20-2014, 05:20 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/10/news/companies/cigarette-tax-new-york/

60% of cigarettes sold in New York are smuggled

= law is unenforcable, but another good reason to kill.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Two out of every 3 packs sold are dodging taxes. Are you people just killing folks now in an attempt to remind the grey markets that you exist? Maybe your whole system is broken, eh NY? Maybe you should let little girls run lemonade stands and leave them the hell alone. Maybe fixing the economy means encouraging commerce instead of standing in the way of it. Maybe if 2/3 of your jurisdiction blatantly ignores a given law, then it's a stupid law. You ever thought about that, y'all Yankee Doodle Dandies?

PaulConventionWV
07-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Update...

I wonder why the NYPD would take such drastic action?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/31/20/02/6619269/3/622x350.jpg

Oh, they've been Sharptoned. I wonder when he will pose with Shaneen Allen or the family of Miriam Carey?

Desk duty... now THAT is justice... /s

It turns out that these are the repercussions of their "potential problem"... a minor inconvenience.

Something tells me they weren't expecting it to be anything more, hence the "potential problem" quote.

euphemia
07-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Any time you want to know why a system/group/organization is the way it is, go straight to the top. In this case, it would be the mayor's office.

Cities and counties that have responsible leadership tend to have responsible law enforcement. New York City would not be one of those places.

I am not one who thinks all cops are bad. They respond in accordance with who runs their chain of authority. This is the same place that passed laws banning super sized soft drinks and where the taxi cronies are allowed to kill people, too.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2014, 05:54 PM
This kind of crap is exactly why I shudder whenever I have to cross north of the Mason Dixon. Feels like entering enemy territory lol. I know y'all have some isolated peaceful pockets up there, and our own Virginia is getting really ugly, but by and large this 'civilians aren't really people' thing has divided along similar lines to the civil war, only now it's the Yankees supporting slavery. I cross north of VA and I get really paranoid about things like empty shell casings maybe down in spare well, like am I going to jail for 3 years for failure to detail my car?

euphemia
07-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I just want to add one more comment: If the man legitimately bought the cigarettes, the taxes were paid and they were his property. Why would he be prohibited from selling his own property?

PaulConventionWV
07-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Any time you want to know why a system/group/organization is the way it is, go straight to the top. In this case, it would be the mayor's office.

Cities and counties that have responsible leadership tend to have responsible law enforcement. New York City would not be one of those places.

I am not one who thinks all cops are bad. They respond in accordance with who runs their chain of authority. This is the same place that passed laws banning super sized soft drinks and where the taxi cronies are allowed to kill people, too.

Every place has bad laws, and they are all enforced by police. I don't care who the mayor is, every police department exists to generate revenue and subdue the citizens at all costs. Any variation between departments based on their leadership is negligible at the most.

euphemia
07-20-2014, 06:01 PM
New York is in an orbit all its own. It is no surprise their cops are out of control.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2014, 06:30 PM
I just want to add one more comment: If the man legitimately bought the cigarettes, the taxes were paid and they were his property. Why would he be prohibited from selling his own property?

That's what happens when you don't pay the govco protection racket.

Teenager For Ron Paul
07-20-2014, 06:31 PM
http://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/miriam1.jpg

An attorney for the family of Miriam Carey, 34, the Connecticut woman shot and killed by Secret Service and Capitol Police after she apparently made a wrong turn into a White House checkpoint and then tried to flee, says the idea that the officers will not face criminal charges is not surprising.

The National Journal reported, quoting unnamed sources, that the Justice Department will decline to press criminal charges against the Secret Service and Capitol Police officers who shot and killed Carey on Oct. 3, 2013.

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Alecia-Phonesavanh-2.jpg

"I stand behind what our team did."

"Still not a police state...."

euphemia
07-20-2014, 06:33 PM
That's what happens when you don't pay the govco protection racket.

*ding*

Anti Federalist
07-20-2014, 07:58 PM

You own nothing, Mundane, and get used to it.

Try selling your surplus firearms like that...

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2014, 08:05 PM
You own nothing, Mundane, and get used to it.

Try selling your surplus firearms like that...

I understand what "surplus" means and I know what a "firearm" is, but I can not comprehend any reality in which the two words may be used together. :-/

Anti Federalist
07-20-2014, 08:12 PM
I understand what "surplus" means and I know what a "firearm" is, but I can not comprehend any reality in which the two words may be used together. :-/

Hahahah...wait...

euphemia
07-20-2014, 08:14 PM
I know. I think it is a misapplication of the law when some products cannot be sold by the person who came by them legitimately. Equal protection under the law means equal application of the law to all.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2014, 08:21 PM
I know. I think it is a misapplication of the law when some products cannot be sold by the person who came by them legitimately. Equal protection under the law means equal application of the law to all.

No I think they could sell them if they paid like 70% tax. Well, and a license. And a permit. And well....

TheTexan
07-20-2014, 08:21 PM
At least the cops are OK

osan
07-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Update...

The decision, Patrick Lynch said in a statement, "effectively pre-judges" the case and denies Pantaleo the "very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job."

You have GOT to be shitting in my hat. Social contract? Really? I recall having signed no contract.

These people get crazier by the minute, it appears.

DamianTV
07-21-2014, 05:21 AM
You have GOT to be shitting in my hat. Social contract? Really? I recall having signed no contract.

These people get crazier by the minute, it appears.

Found their copy of the contract:

"I am a Cop, therefore you ALL shall bow down before me."

Signature not required.

KingNothing
07-21-2014, 09:07 AM
There are some people who are still comforted by having police in their neighborhood. I have no idea how people can think this way.

Henry Rogue
07-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Just saw this story on the nbc nightly news ( while I was changing channels). Police union said "not wanting to get arrested, does not give you the right to resist arrest."

Constitutional Paulicy
07-21-2014, 07:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsvwdYnOl_g&feature=youtube_gdata

phill4paul
07-22-2014, 06:26 AM
How Anonymous Cops Online Are Reacting to the Death of Eric Garner

In internet communities for law enforcement, like PoliceOne.com, "the One resource for Law Enforcement online," and Thee Rant, an NYPD message board, the Garner story has stirred up racial, political, and professional tensions, most of them quite ugly. While all of the comments below are anonymous, and therefore not verifiable, both sites do require registration for membership ("No ID card, No Approval!" says Thee Rant). By no means a comprehensive view of law-enforcement feelings about the incident, the postings do provide a different — if beyond upsetting — perspective.

reltubs3314:

Anytime a person says "I'm tired of it. It stops today." That will almost always end with the use of force. He made that decision, not the Police. The Police must effect the arrest and rise above any resistance. That resistance or lack of resistance is determined by the suspect. This was a huge man and it appears to me they used minimal force. Sometimes people with pre-existing conditions die when they exert themselves. There are Police Officers that have heart attacks and die every year during physical altercations with subjects. You will not see main stream media featuring those in their headlines. This is nothing more than petty blame shifting and fuel for extremist with an agenda.

joe hoffman:

"This makes all cops look bad because, as far as the public is concerned, this man was murdered because he sold some cigarettes."

In the first place, if it turns out that the force used by the officers was legal and within departmental policy, it doesn't make ANY other cop look bad. If the public isn't willing to accept the fact that the officers did nothing wrong, they can go to hell. I could care less how the public perceives us when we're in the right and if YOU were any kind of law enforcement professional, you would understand that officer safety is FAR more important than public perception.

SAPDMAS:

Again if Mr walking heart attack had simply put his hamburger shovels behind his back, he wouldn't have had a heartbattackmfor over exerting himself. The NYPD did absolutely nothing wron. Tomthe guys slamming these NYPD officekrs, I and many here wouldn't want any of you guys around us on a critical,incident. Hopefully you guys are desk jockeys.

esu5:

I think they were very generous, maybe too generous in the amount of time they allowed this guy to vent. I wonder if that was because of his size? Or that they were awaiting backup, again due to his size. I also didn't see any kicks, baton strikes, punches, nothing that could be construed as excessive.

sgt2278:

was not a choke hold. he resisted arrest, and was twice the size as the two who tried initially to arrest him. once again, if he would have just turned around and put his hands behind his back, he may still be alive today. he resisted and his heart gave out, not the police fault.

tpaw7:

You may say "f&ck the police" but you may not f&ck with the police. It's sad that he died, but that blame goes to he and he alone. The police generally don't show up ten deep at your door just to say hey. This pervasive mentality that these assholes seem to have about not listening to the lawful orders of the police is what leads to these deaths and injuries. All he had to do was comply and he would not be dead. Tough shit and too damn bad.

samuelx:

Of course the media isn't going to point out how many thousands of dollars of untaxable income a mope can make in a week selling illegal cigarettes (while also receiving welfare benefits)...

pike942:

If he could talk, he could breath. He resisted arrest; they took him to the ground. I didn't see anything improper about the arrest.

TheeRant

Santos:

Dont resist. I don't understand why these people don't simply comply. He would be out already with a DAT. What would his penalty have been? A fine perhaps? More than likely, he would have been cut loose with a warning. Unreal. I wish the officers well, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

kopinyc:

A more accurate headline would be "Non Compliant Fat Bastard Gets Just Due In Resisting Law Enforcement Officers"

DisGraziato:

I guess it's the best thing for his tribe. He probably never worked a legit job. They city will pay off the family and they will be in Nigggaaa heaven for the rest of their lives!!

MY TWO SENSE:

Fat fck perp who was anointed a Saint by all who knew him. Married, noticed how they put that in there, because 9 times out of 10 it's not the case. This video will gain a lot of traction and heads will roll. Pretty much every cop there will be modified.

As far as the grab around the neck, I would have done the same thing. That piece of sh!t was too fat and wide to grab anywhere else.
Seems it was conveniently edited as well. Maybe missing a few details of the mutts action?

PH1nAlLY Phr33:

As they go down, one can clearly see the cop (Green Jersey) holding-on to his neck with his left arm ONLY while trying to grab perp's right hand with his. Within 1 second he lets go completely and twists to a seated position next to the perp. There was no continuous "Chokehold" of any kind. Though not surprised, I like how these rags try to portray/describe something that never happened.

NYPD finest:

Hopefully I am totally wrong but they are going to try to crucify these cops for doing their job. If the fat fuk just put his hands behind his back none of this would have escalated into what it did. I think the cops are going to have a long uphill battle but thankfully this happened in Staten island and not the Bronx.

Career Path:

Fuckin Bratton threw the cops under the bus by declaring it as a choke hold.The cop grabbed him from behind yes but did not hold this guy in a position where the breathing of this fat bast*rd was blocked.The medical examiners report will be in the cops favor.Tell Deblowzio to get his azz to Italy.

Officer Joe Bolton:

It's going to be an up hill battle for the cops, you can clearly hear the fat bastard crying out "I can't breath". If ever a person wanted to know why police work is so difficult, here is a good reason. Best of luck to those guys who's lives (and their families) have just been turned upside down for all eternity.

offlinepbadad:

Yes, they'll pay off the "family"...
It's a lot cheaper than a riot...
And therein lies the problem...
The cities of America are held hostage by the strong-arm tactics of the savages

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/cops-react-to-the-death-of-eric-garner.html

Origanalist
07-22-2014, 10:28 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/cops-react-to-the-death-of-eric-garner.html

I was just going to post that. Big shock these fuckers feel that way isn't it?

jjdoyle
07-22-2014, 11:01 PM
I was just going to post that. Big shock these fuckers feel that way isn't it?

JUST US. Policies/laws/regulations/guidelines for US, not them.
They are protected, and will even rally around each other even when they are in the wrong. Even if there is video/audio/posts/emails showing they were breaking their own guidelines (in this case, using a chokehold (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/21/nyregion/21banned.html?_r=0)).
Happens quite often, even on internet forums that have "guidelines".

Mani
07-22-2014, 11:06 PM

This is absolutely an amazing article.

While MOST of us on this forum know this is how cops feel about us stupid lowlife mundanes, and how they justify the death of anyone who doesn't "OBEY", "COMPLY", "OBEY", "COMPLY". Notice that was the ongoing theme?

Besides that, you get to see in their own words how, "OFFICER safety" allows them to attack anyone. Did you notice how the REASON for their attack doesn't matter. They don't CARE! This guy mouthed off and was upset, and now it was about CONTROL. All their posts were about control. They didn't witness a crime, but he was a criminal, and he was in front of them, and he needed to be controlled. IF he dies in the process, it's his own fault.

Everyone of these cops are saying, "Eric Garner did this to himself."

To see it from them, is sickening. But the shocking part...SOMEONE copied this shit down and showed the public how these fucking psychopaths think. Oh my. So how many bad apples....more than a few??

How many people who don't know cops are pyschopaths see this video...Then see the comments online from cops....start to realize cops see you as a lowlife mundane and if you DON'T COMPLY...OBEY...you might be killed in their grasp...and it's your OWN damn fault. it doesn't matter if it was an overdue library book or a cigarette, if you get in their crosshairs....YOU MUST COMPLY...YOU MUST OBEY.

Which is more damning, watching them kill a guy for practically for no reason or their online reactions to killing a guy for practically no reason.

Anti Federalist
07-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Will Grigg's take:

Testilying and Tribal Hatred: Cops React to the Murder of Eric Garner

William Norman Grigg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/testilying-and-tribal-hatred-cops-react-to-the-murder-of-eric-garner/

Eric Garner was seized in an illegal chokehold by Officer Daniel Pantaleo, thrown to the sidewalk by several officers, immediately complained of breathing difficulty, and then left unattended by cops as they created a “crime scene” to prevent people from rendering aid. Emergency medical personnel who arrived later did not perform CPR, or otherwise render aid to the unresponsive victim, who died of cardiac arrest.

Garner, who was not suspected of a violent crime, had just broken up a fight. Having been arrested dozens of times for the supposedly grievous offense of selling untaxed cigarettes, Garner had done nothing to justify harassment by police on the day they killed him. The lethal outburst of unwarranted police violence was summary punishment inflicted on Garner for daring to assert himself by ordering one of the tax-feeding pests to stop harassing him. Those events were captured on video, and attested to by numerous eyewitnesses on the scene.

The internal NYPD report written immediately following the events, however, insisted that the victim was not in “great distress,” and that after he had been violently subdued by five or six officers his “condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.” Portions of that report were published by the New York Daily News. The author of that document engaged in the familiar police practice of careful omission, dissimulation, and outright dissimulation that has come to be known as “testilying.”

Although prominent mention was made that the “perpetrator” – the term of art used in the report to refer to the victim – “resisted arrest,” the use of the chokehold by Pantaleo escaped the notice of the trained observer and dutiful servant of the unalloyed truth who composed that document. This would mean that Garner’s death is one of those impenetrably mysterious incidents in which an individual somehow dies in police custody of causes unrelated to the aggressive violence inflicted on him.

Commentator Harry Siegel of the New York Daily News points out that the officers who killed Garner plainly saw him as a “skell” – a career criminal and burden on society. Those willing to wade through the feculence emitted by police in exclusive on-line chatrooms will find that “skell” is one of the least repellent epithets used to describe the murder victim. New York magazine tasked Joe Coscarelli, who apparently isn’t hindered by a gag reflex, to skim some representative samples of police sentiments.

“A more accurate headline would be `Non Compliant Fat Bastard Gets Just Due In Resisting Law Enforcement Officers,’” sneered one New York City cop. “I guess it’s the best thing for his tribe,” added another one. “He probably never worked a legit job. They city will pay off the family and they will be in Nigggaaa heaven for the rest of their lives!!”

“If the public isn’t willing to accept the fact that the officers did nothing wrong, they can go to hell,” groused one officer identified as Joe Hoffman, responding to another officer who protested that the treatment of Garner was unjustified and that the incident would engender a backlash. “I could care less how the public perceives us when we’re in the right and if YOU were any kind of law enforcement professional, you would understand that officer safety is FAR more important than public perception.”

Any “law enforcement professional” knows that there is no consideration more sacred than “officer safety” – and the proper role of the public they “serve” is to offer unqualified praise for their costumed superiors, and to obey without cavil or question every directive that dribbles down their chins.

Mani
07-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Will Grigg's take:

Testilying and Tribal Hatred: Cops React to the Murder of Eric Garner

William Norman Grigg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/testilying-and-tribal-hatred-cops-react-to-the-murder-of-eric-garner/

Eric Garner was seized in an illegal chokehold by Officer Daniel Pantaleo, thrown to the sidewalk by several officers, immediately complained of breathing difficulty, and then left unattended by cops as they created a “crime scene” to prevent people from rendering aid. Emergency medical personnel who arrived later did not perform CPR, or otherwise render aid to the unresponsive victim, who died of cardiac arrest.

Garner, who was not suspected of a violent crime, had just broken up a fight. Having been arrested dozens of times for the supposedly grievous offense of selling untaxed cigarettes, Garner had done nothing to justify harassment by police on the day they killed him. The lethal outburst of unwarranted police violence was summary punishment inflicted on Garner for daring to assert himself by ordering one of the tax-feeding pests to stop harassing him. Those events were captured on video, and attested to by numerous eyewitnesses on the scene.

The internal NYPD report written immediately following the events, however, insisted that the victim was not in “great distress,” and that after he had been violently subdued by five or six officers his “condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.” Portions of that report were published by the New York Daily News. The author of that document engaged in the familiar police practice of careful omission, dissimulation, and outright dissimulation that has come to be known as “testilying.”

Although prominent mention was made that the “perpetrator” – the term of art used in the report to refer to the victim – “resisted arrest,” the use of the chokehold by Pantaleo escaped the notice of the trained observer and dutiful servant of the unalloyed truth who composed that document. This would mean that Garner’s death is one of those impenetrably mysterious incidents in which an individual somehow dies in police custody of causes unrelated to the aggressive violence inflicted on him.

Commentator Harry Siegel of the New York Daily News points out that the officers who killed Garner plainly saw him as a “skell” – a career criminal and burden on society. Those willing to wade through the feculence emitted by police in exclusive on-line chatrooms will find that “skell” is one of the least repellent epithets used to describe the murder victim. New York magazine tasked Joe Coscarelli, who apparently isn’t hindered by a gag reflex, to skim some representative samples of police sentiments.

“A more accurate headline would be `Non Compliant Fat Bastard Gets Just Due In Resisting Law Enforcement Officers,’” sneered one New York City cop. “I guess it’s the best thing for his tribe,” added another one. “He probably never worked a legit job. They city will pay off the family and they will be in Nigggaaa heaven for the rest of their lives!!”

“If the public isn’t willing to accept the fact that the officers did nothing wrong, they can go to hell,” groused one officer identified as Joe Hoffman, responding to another officer who protested that the treatment of Garner was unjustified and that the incident would engender a backlash. “I could care less how the public perceives us when we’re in the right and if YOU were any kind of law enforcement professional, you would understand that officer safety is FAR more important than public perception.”

Any “law enforcement professional” knows that there is no consideration more sacred than “officer safety” – and the proper role of the public they “serve” is to offer unqualified praise for their costumed superiors, and to obey without cavil or question every directive that dribbles down their chins.

Wow. This is written so well. Will the public notice? I noticed a ton of venom and outrage on the nymag.com link in the comments section. That was a good sign. Besides the one officer in blue bragging about being highly educated, full of degrees, and make a six figure salary. Talk about superiority complex this guy feels he has over mundanes.

Is this the incident that that will grow into something more?

Spikender
07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm happy to report my friends are outraged over this, hope to use this incident to inform them and make them all oppose this on a massive scale.

Sad that it took an incident like this to get some of them incited, but I guess that's always the case. You've gotta lose an innocent life to actually get people off of their asses so they say something. Hope this grows into more than just Internet rage and posturing though.

I'm about tired of typing "Fuck em", but I'll do it again.

The police?

Fuck em.

Mani
07-23-2014, 03:32 AM
Blue Wall (I found this comment from the nymag link)

The thing with police officers who oppose majority thinking in matters like this, is that they will remain silent (or anonymous) ... I have 3 cop cousins who were at a family gathering this weekend and they all agreed that the force was excessive and the hold, illegal. They also crapped on the EMTs doing nothing (I totally agree). But they never will speak so freely in the company of other police, why? Its a fraternal order like a family, and you don't speak ill of your own while in mixed company. What one did say to me that I found important to understanding their psyche is that this is a situation they all fear being in. They are terrified that their decision could lead to a death and if that were to happen to them, they all expect the full support of all fellow police officers. They all acknowledge the fear of being in a life or death situation but that this wasn't near life or death. The guy resisted, but they often do especially in street crimes, so the need to bring him down wasn't as urgent. *But* my cousin is 6'3 and huge (he is also a former NYC high school teacher) so the force he thinks he would have needed would be less.

acptulsa
07-23-2014, 03:46 AM
'Never a day passes in New York, without some innocent bystander being shot. You just stand around this town long enough, and be innocent, and somebody is going to shoot you. One day there was four shot. That's the best shooting ever done in this town (glad things have improved in ninety years?). Hard to find four innocent people in New York, even if you don't stop to shoot them. That's why a policeman never had to aim here; he just shoots up a street anywhere. No matter who he hits--it's the right one.'--Will Rogers

Mani
07-23-2014, 04:00 AM
This article goes over a lot of things, chokehold deaths in the past, racism, camera surveillance. Definitely worth a read:

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/22/i_cant_breathe_police_overreach_eric_garner_and_th e_chokehold_of_racism/

(snip)

Speaking of impunity, the initial coverage of this death may instructively point us to what to expect in follow-up stories over the course of the next several weeks. In one of the ABC videos aired immediately after the story broke, the caption read “Caught on Camera — NYPD Chokehold Investigation — 400 Pound Suspect: I Can’t Breathe.” Look out for lots of invocations of Garner’s height and weight — which cues the stereotype of the “big black buck” or threatening black man. Police are already saying that Garner “took a fighting stance,” a claim that is dubious in light of the video footage and coincides with scholars’ claims that police routinely lie.

For these cops and for much of the general population (people of color included), being big, black and standing upright is a fighting stance. There’s always an obsession with black folks’ size. This came up with Rodney King; in fact, if you wiki or google him, you will quickly learn about his height. When a woman of color is the victim of police violence, rarely is the height and weight of the offending officer mentioned, despite the fact the latter is almost always bigger. But that’s how it is.

(snip)
The typical law-and-order critic might say “he shouldn’t have resisted arrest.” If one is charged with assault or a serious crime, in addition to resisting arrest, that seems more plausible. One should be suspicious of a resisting-arrest charge, especially when it is the most serious charge. Those instances are often about enforcing power. Peter Moskos, a sociologist who became a cop for 20 months to study police, talks about this in his book. He calls them “just because” charges, which often include nebulously hard-to-refute things like “loitering” or “disorderly conduct.” Moskos argues that these allegations are often about asserting power, which seems to be the case here. A black man complained about being harassed and said “every time you see me you want to mess with me. I’m tired of it; it stops today.” The police were not okay with a black person asserting his own autonomy like that and attacked.

(read the rest in the link)

He absolutely hit the nail on the head. This man was fed up with harrassment and decided to stand up and assert himself. "You can't do that to a cop. You fucking fat fuck mundane! You think you can talk to me like that!?!?!? This fucker is going down." At the end of the day, that's all this was about. Not cigarettes, not crime nor anything else. The guy decided he was tired of being controlled, harassed, having to obey and comply again and again. He stood up for himself. And they will not stand for that shit! They control you! It's about POWER. Again and again it's about POWER.

Think back to the hundreds of incidents where a man or woman or child was beaten, shot, choked, tazed? Didn't it go back to the Cop needing to assert his power??? Needing to be in control. Needing to make sure the person in front of them is UNDER their control, is OBEYING.

Whether it's a guy who sold a cigerette, or a jay walker, or a girl eating ice cream after 10pm curfew, a man turning their back on a cop when the cop is not done talking. Or whatever it is. It so often comes down to the same theme. Again and again. POWER. CONTROL.

Also, I'd be interested to read about Peter Moskos who said he became a cop to study them.

Mani
07-23-2014, 05:01 AM
Spike Lee is getting involved. Wonder how far this goes..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/22/spike-lee-splices-footage-of-eric-garners-death-with-radio-raheems-in-do-the-right-thing/

I can summarize the below article: "Retraining will be done...We will follow how the LAPD handles things...Nothing more to see here folks...and btw, we will continue to shake down sales of untaxed cigarettes!!!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/eric-garner-autopsy-inconclusive-authorities-article-1.1876096

Glad to see the commish has his priorities straight:

Bratton, who met with community and religious leaders Tuesday to discuss the Garner incident and also huddled with police brass in Staten Island, emphasized that Garner’s death will not affect his commitment to “broken windows” policing, which cracks down on petty crimes like selling bootleg cigarettes. Bratton vowed it will remain a “key part” of his game plan. (Are you shitting me? cracking down on petty crime is a KEY part of your game plan!?!? WTF game plan is that!?!?! Avoid solving violent crime so cops can harass people selling cigarettes???)

Here some info on the "Broken Window Policy"

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2014/07/23/police-custody-death-tests-broken-windows-tactic

(Some are saying it's a way to replace stop and frisk, here's another fucked up quote by police commish Bratton):

Bratton vowed on Tuesday to stick with the program, saying the NYPD plans to next target illegal vendors who rent bikes in Central Park. He credited a similar crackdown on fare beaters during his first tenure as police commissioner in the 1990s with being the "tipping point" for a drastic reduction in overall crime in the subways.

"There's no change in that focus at all," Bratton said of Broken Windows. "That's a key part of what we're doing."

THE FUCK DID HE SAY!?!? Renting bikes is a fucking crime!?!?

Spikender
07-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Breathing air that you did not pay for will soon be an offense.

Welcome to bootleg air being smuggled inside of Dora the Explorer balloons.

Root
07-23-2014, 08:07 AM
Bratton vowed on Tuesday to stick with the program, saying the NYPD plans to next target illegal vendors who rent bikes in Central Park. He credited a similar crackdown on fare beaters during his first tenure as police commissioner in the 1990s with being the "tipping point" for a drastic reduction in overall crime in the subways.

"There's no change in that focus at all," Bratton said of Broken Windows. "That's a key part of what we're doing."

THE FUCK DID HE SAY!?!? Renting bikes is a fucking crime!?!?
They must protect the chosen bike rentals company.

https://www.citibikenyc.com/

Origanalist
07-26-2014, 06:36 PM
The reverend Al is getting his face in front of the camera.

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./876/493/rallyinternal41615.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
July 26, 2014: Esaw Garner, wife of Eric Garner, left, speaks alongside the Rev. Al Sharpton during a rally at the National Action Network headquarters in New York.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/26/widow-man-who-died-in-nypd-custody-demands-justice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Interna l+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

Anti Federalist
07-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Don't know if this was posted in this thread yet, but Will Grigg hits a muthafucking grandslam home run.

"It Stops Today!"

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2014/07/it-stops-today.html

“Every time you see me, you want to mess with me! I’m tired of it! It stops today!”

Eric Garner, a peaceful and productive citizen, had suffered years of pointless and unnecessary harassment by the costumed predators employed by the NYPD. He told one of them to leave him alone. Such impudence by a mere Mundane cannot be tolerated, so Garner was murdered in the street in full public view.

Several plainclothes officers were prowling Garner’s Staten Island neighborhood on the afternoon of July 17 seeking to harvest revenue by catching harmless people in the act of committing petty infractions. Police Commissioner William Bratton describes this as “stamping out petty offenses as a way of heading off larger ones.” in practice, this means authorizing police to commit actual crimes in their efforts to turn harmless people into “offenders.”

When a fight erupted in Garner’s neighborhood, the plainclothes officers – who have no enforceable duty to protect persons or property – didn’t intervene. Garner did, according to witnesses, breaking up the fight and restoring peaceful order. This made Garner conspicuous to the officers whose uselessness he had just demonstrated.

The 43-year-old father of six and grandfather of two had been arrested on dozens of occasions and had court dates scheduled later this year for charges of marijuana possession and selling untaxed cigarettes. Even if one assumes – and one shouldn’t -- that either of those charges involved an actual crime, on the day he was killed Garner had done nothing whatsoever to justify being interrogated by the police, let alone arrested.

The first fatal mistake Garner made was to act as a peacemaker. The second was to assert his self-ownership in the face of someone employed by the contemporary equivalent of a slave patrol. Within minutes, five police officers attacked him, one of them slipping behind him to apply an illegal chokehold. Garner died of cardiac arrest after being swarmed and suffocated in front of numerous horrified witnesses, one of whom captured the entire event – from first confrontation to homicide – on camera.

Those who visit the fetid and disreputable social media neighborhoods where police congregate anonymously and express themselves candidly will quickly learn that Garner has only himself to blame. He was an overweight, combative black man who didn’t know his proper place, which was at the feet of his betters, meekly accepting the shackles and submitting to whatever indignities they deemed appropriate.

“Anytime a person says `I’m tired of it, it stops today,’ that will almost always end with the use of force,” insisted one contributor to an LEO-exclusive forum. “He made that decision, not the police. The Police must effect the arrest and rise above any resistance” – including verbal resistance to unwarranted harassment by the police, which as Garner’s death illustrates can be treated as a capital offense.

Elsewhere police and their apologists – both paid and uncompensated – are caviling about the nature of the restraint used by Daniel Pantaleo, the officer who attacked the victim’s throat. Because the victim reportedly didn’t suffer significant damage to his throat and trachea, the illegal restraint wasn’t a “true” chokehold, or so the apologists insist. Under NYPD guidelines in place since 1993, this isn’t relevant: The policy explicitly and categorically forbids the use of any restraint involving pressure against the neck or throat.

Furthermore, since 2011, thousands of New York residents have been arrested and convicted under a law that makes any aggressive contact resulting in “obstruction of breathing or blood circulation” a criminal offense – a felony when that act results in the victim suffering “stupor, loss of consciousness, impairment and/or physical or serious physical injury….”

If that statute were applied equitably, as it almost certainly will not be, Pantaleo and his accomplices would be prosecuted for murder.

Atrocities of this kind happen every day across the soyuz, many of them generated by the decades-long derangement known as the war on drugs. The murder of Eric Garner demonstrates that even if drugs were “legalized,” police would still find ways to kill innocent people while collecting the state’s cut of drug proceeds: Remember, the officers who harassed, surrounded, and eventually killed Garner accused him of selling “untaxed” cigarettes.

Three days before the NYPD murdered Eric Garner, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that his Cigarette Strike Force had “seized nearly $1.7 million in cash and contraband” during its first six months of operation. Directed by the state Tax Department, the strike force is a public works project for the coercive sector, encompassing twelve federal and local law enforcement bodies.

Through the task force, participating agencies, from the Department of Homeland Security to the NYPD’s 120th Precinct – the on-duty home to Eric Garner’s murderers – have access to “crime-related intelligence” to help them collaborate in the supposedly vital task of dismantling “major cigarette trafficking organizations.”

None of this has even the remotest connection to the protection of persons and property. This is law enforcement pared down to its detestable essentials -- state-licensed aggressors dispatched to harass, detain, and kill people purely for the purpose of revenue collection.

“All these agencies realize those among us who sell illegal cigarettes are a threat to government tax revenue,” belched New York State Commissar for Taxation Thomas H. Mattox, describing cigarette sales conducted without giving a cut to the political class as “economic crimes that fill the pockets of criminals.”

The expression “economic crimes” is a Soviet-grade collectivist coinage, and Comrade Cuomo channeled the hell-dwelling spirit of Feliks Dzherzhinsky in expressing his determination to punish those who participate in black market cigarette sales.

“Cigarette smugglers should be on notice – our administration will not stand for [sic] those who break the law and steal from taxpayers,” decreed Cuomo, determined to protect his regime’s exclusive privilege of stealing from the productive public. “New York has zero tolerance for this illegal activity, and those who further it will be brought to justice.”

Or, as the killing of Eric Garner demonstrated, those suspected of violating the “zero tolerance” standard by occasionally selling loose cigarettes will be hounded beyond forbearance and then slaughtered in the streets.

Tobacco, like marijuana, is a substance with mood-altering properties. Unlike marijuana, tobacco is legal; another distinction is that tobacco, unlike marijuana, has no known beneficial uses. Apart from a handful of very small jurisdictions, sale and consumption of tobacco have never been prohibited. Instead, the parasite class has expanded efforts to impose “sin taxes” on tobacco: By some estimates, taxes account for more than half the retail price of the typical carton of cigarettes.

Over the past five years, as revenue-hungry governments have ruthlessly increased cigarette taxes, the black market has expanded in similar – and predictable -- fashion. Not surprisingly, New York, where taxes are confiscatory, has the highest “inbound cigarette smuggling rate” in the country, according to the Tax Foundation.

Two hundred and forty-six years ago, revenue agents in Boston impounded a large cargo ship christened Liberty that contained a bounty of untaxed goods. The owner of that vessel was a notorious scofflaw and extremist who had been cheating the government by withholding its cut of his commerce.

The officials responsible for this seizure acted out of the smug assurance that the “decent” majority would support this righteous assertion of authority. They were wrong. Rather than rallying to the cause of law and order, the population turned against its government, assaulting officers and attacking their facilities.

Acting on the principle that law enforcement “must rise above resistance,” authorities escalated their efforts to restore order, eventually sending in the military. This led to a massacre that triggered a revolution in which that same supposedly reprehensible smuggler, John Hancock, would play a significant role.

Eric Garner’s exasperated proclamation “It stops today!” is cognate with “Don’t tread on me,” and his murder by an army of occupation immeasurably more vicious and corrupt than the Redcoats could precipitate a long-overdue rebellion against the omnivorous elite that army serves.

This is why no effort will be spared to redirect outrage over this atrocity into racial collectivist channels, where it will serve the interest of people who encourage ordinary Americans to look with suspicion and hostility at each other, rather than directing such attention at those who presume to rule the rest of us.

This is why no effort will be spared to redirect outrage over this atrocity into racial collectivist channels, where it will serve the interest of people who encourage ordinary Americans to look with suspicion and hostility at each other, rather than directing such attention at those who presume to rule the rest of us.

PaulConventionWV
07-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Don't know if this was posted in this thread yet, but Will Grigg hits a muthafucking grandslam home run.

"It Stops Today!"

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2014/07/it-stops-today.html

“Every time you see me, you want to mess with me! I’m tired of it! It stops today!”

Eric Garner, a peaceful and productive citizen, had suffered years of pointless and unnecessary harassment by the costumed predators employed by the NYPD. He told one of them to leave him alone. Such impudence by a mere Mundane cannot be tolerated, so Garner was murdered in the street in full public view.

Several plainclothes officers were prowling Garner’s Staten Island neighborhood on the afternoon of July 17 seeking to harvest revenue by catching harmless people in the act of committing petty infractions. Police Commissioner William Bratton describes this as “stamping out petty offenses as a way of heading off larger ones.” in practice, this means authorizing police to commit actual crimes in their efforts to turn harmless people into “offenders.”

When a fight erupted in Garner’s neighborhood, the plainclothes officers – who have no enforceable duty to protect persons or property – didn’t intervene. Garner did, according to witnesses, breaking up the fight and restoring peaceful order. This made Garner conspicuous to the officers whose uselessness he had just demonstrated.

The 43-year-old father of six and grandfather of two had been arrested on dozens of occasions and had court dates scheduled later this year for charges of marijuana possession and selling untaxed cigarettes. Even if one assumes – and one shouldn’t -- that either of those charges involved an actual crime, on the day he was killed Garner had done nothing whatsoever to justify being interrogated by the police, let alone arrested.

The first fatal mistake Garner made was to act as a peacemaker. The second was to assert his self-ownership in the face of someone employed by the contemporary equivalent of a slave patrol. Within minutes, five police officers attacked him, one of them slipping behind him to apply an illegal chokehold. Garner died of cardiac arrest after being swarmed and suffocated in front of numerous horrified witnesses, one of whom captured the entire event – from first confrontation to homicide – on camera.

Those who visit the fetid and disreputable social media neighborhoods where police congregate anonymously and express themselves candidly will quickly learn that Garner has only himself to blame. He was an overweight, combative black man who didn’t know his proper place, which was at the feet of his betters, meekly accepting the shackles and submitting to whatever indignities they deemed appropriate.

“Anytime a person says `I’m tired of it, it stops today,’ that will almost always end with the use of force,” insisted one contributor to an LEO-exclusive forum. “He made that decision, not the police. The Police must effect the arrest and rise above any resistance” – including verbal resistance to unwarranted harassment by the police, which as Garner’s death illustrates can be treated as a capital offense.

Elsewhere police and their apologists – both paid and uncompensated – are caviling about the nature of the restraint used by Daniel Pantaleo, the officer who attacked the victim’s throat. Because the victim reportedly didn’t suffer significant damage to his throat and trachea, the illegal restraint wasn’t a “true” chokehold, or so the apologists insist. Under NYPD guidelines in place since 1993, this isn’t relevant: The policy explicitly and categorically forbids the use of any restraint involving pressure against the neck or throat.

Furthermore, since 2011, thousands of New York residents have been arrested and convicted under a law that makes any aggressive contact resulting in “obstruction of breathing or blood circulation” a criminal offense – a felony when that act results in the victim suffering “stupor, loss of consciousness, impairment and/or physical or serious physical injury….”

If that statute were applied equitably, as it almost certainly will not be, Pantaleo and his accomplices would be prosecuted for murder.

Atrocities of this kind happen every day across the soyuz, many of them generated by the decades-long derangement known as the war on drugs. The murder of Eric Garner demonstrates that even if drugs were “legalized,” police would still find ways to kill innocent people while collecting the state’s cut of drug proceeds: Remember, the officers who harassed, surrounded, and eventually killed Garner accused him of selling “untaxed” cigarettes.

Three days before the NYPD murdered Eric Garner, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that his Cigarette Strike Force had “seized nearly $1.7 million in cash and contraband” during its first six months of operation. Directed by the state Tax Department, the strike force is a public works project for the coercive sector, encompassing twelve federal and local law enforcement bodies.

Through the task force, participating agencies, from the Department of Homeland Security to the NYPD’s 120th Precinct – the on-duty home to Eric Garner’s murderers – have access to “crime-related intelligence” to help them collaborate in the supposedly vital task of dismantling “major cigarette trafficking organizations.”

None of this has even the remotest connection to the protection of persons and property. This is law enforcement pared down to its detestable essentials -- state-licensed aggressors dispatched to harass, detain, and kill people purely for the purpose of revenue collection.

“All these agencies realize those among us who sell illegal cigarettes are a threat to government tax revenue,” belched New York State Commissar for Taxation Thomas H. Mattox, describing cigarette sales conducted without giving a cut to the political class as “economic crimes that fill the pockets of criminals.”

The expression “economic crimes” is a Soviet-grade collectivist coinage, and Comrade Cuomo channeled the hell-dwelling spirit of Feliks Dzherzhinsky in expressing his determination to punish those who participate in black market cigarette sales.

“Cigarette smugglers should be on notice – our administration will not stand for [sic] those who break the law and steal from taxpayers,” decreed Cuomo, determined to protect his regime’s exclusive privilege of stealing from the productive public. “New York has zero tolerance for this illegal activity, and those who further it will be brought to justice.”

Or, as the killing of Eric Garner demonstrated, those suspected of violating the “zero tolerance” standard by occasionally selling loose cigarettes will be hounded beyond forbearance and then slaughtered in the streets.

Tobacco, like marijuana, is a substance with mood-altering properties. Unlike marijuana, tobacco is legal; another distinction is that tobacco, unlike marijuana, has no known beneficial uses. Apart from a handful of very small jurisdictions, sale and consumption of tobacco have never been prohibited. Instead, the parasite class has expanded efforts to impose “sin taxes” on tobacco: By some estimates, taxes account for more than half the retail price of the typical carton of cigarettes.

Over the past five years, as revenue-hungry governments have ruthlessly increased cigarette taxes, the black market has expanded in similar – and predictable -- fashion. Not surprisingly, New York, where taxes are confiscatory, has the highest “inbound cigarette smuggling rate” in the country, according to the Tax Foundation.

Two hundred and forty-six years ago, revenue agents in Boston impounded a large cargo ship christened Liberty that contained a bounty of untaxed goods. The owner of that vessel was a notorious scofflaw and extremist who had been cheating the government by withholding its cut of his commerce.

The officials responsible for this seizure acted out of the smug assurance that the “decent” majority would support this righteous assertion of authority. They were wrong. Rather than rallying to the cause of law and order, the population turned against its government, assaulting officers and attacking their facilities.

Acting on the principle that law enforcement “must rise above resistance,” authorities escalated their efforts to restore order, eventually sending in the military. This led to a massacre that triggered a revolution in which that same supposedly reprehensible smuggler, John Hancock, would play a significant role.

Eric Garner’s exasperated proclamation “It stops today!” is cognate with “Don’t tread on me,” and his murder by an army of occupation immeasurably more vicious and corrupt than the Redcoats could precipitate a long-overdue rebellion against the omnivorous elite that army serves.

Well, he was right. It did stop that day. At least he kept his word.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2014, 01:17 PM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/medical-examiner-says-chokehold-police-officer-caused-death-nyc-man-ruled-homicide

MEDICAL EXAMINER SAYS CHOKEHOLD BY POLICE OFFICER CAUSED DEATH OF NYC MAN; RULED HOMICIDEAug. 1, 2014 3:12 PM EDT
You are hereHome (http://bigstory.ap.org/) » New York City (http://bigstory.ap.org/tags/new-york-city) » Medical examiner says chokehold by police officer caused death of NYC man; ruled homicide

NEW YORK (AP) — Medical examiner says chokehold by police officer caused death of NYC man; ruled homicide.

phill4paul
11-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Grand Jury will announce during December. Wonder if there will be riots for this guy?

COPS CONTINUE CHOKING RESTRAINED MAN UNTIL HE GOES LIMP, DIES — GRAND JURY TO DECIDE ON CHARGES

http://filmingcops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/eric-garner.jpg

Now, a grand jury is expected to announce their decision on whether the cops will be charged in the choking death.

The announcement is expected as soon as December, before the end of 2014.

http://filmingcops.com/cops-continue-choking-restrained-man-until-he-goes-limp-dies-grand-jury-to-decide-on-charges/

phill4paul
11-30-2014, 03:30 PM
The Associated Press reports that the New York City Police Department sent detectives to Ferguson, Missouri in order to gather intelligence on “professional agitators” as the grand jury investigating the chokehold death of a Staten Island man draws to a close.

Police Commissioner William Bratton wants to be sure that the violence that accompanied the release of the Missouri grand jury’s decision not to indict Darren Wilson does not repeat itself in his city.

To that end, the commissioner sent detectives to Ferguson to learn about the tactics of “professional agitators.” During the Occupy protests in 2012, the NYPD circulated “wanted posters” featuring mugshots of agitators that informed protesters to “be aware that subjects are known professional agitators” whose “MO” is to videotape officers “performing routine stops and post them on YouTube.”

Bratton added that the detective’s trip was routine. “We’re always and constantly networking and trying to make ourselves accessible and reaching out,” he said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/nypd-gathered-intel-on-professional-agitators-in-ferguson-to-prepare-for-chokehold-death-decision/#.VHtKbTAMuH4.reddit

GunnyFreedom
11-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Grand Jury will announce during December. Wonder if there will be riots for this guy?

http://filmingcops.com/cops-continue-choking-restrained-man-until-he-goes-limp-dies-grand-jury-to-decide-on-charges/

Idunno, let me slide down my rainbow to the back yard and ask my unicorn about it.

sparebulb
11-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Eric Garner did this to himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LhntG_8PUs