PDA

View Full Version : Background Information/Perspectives on Arab-Israeli Conflict and It's current treatmet

jtyr8nt93
07-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Hopefully this post does not come across as being uninformed, but rather wishing to develop my knowledge of a very complicated issue.

I'm trying to keep up to date on the current Israel invasion of Gaza (despite the Mainstream news drowning it out right now with the Malaysia Airlines 17 story). This is a topic of discussion that my deeply Catholic and Christian family feel passionate about. As of now, current opinion rests with those of a majority of MSM (Fox being the most pronounced though not strictly limited to just conservative media surprisingly ). I am someone still trying to increase attention on political topics.

I wanted to consult this forum on any articles, websites, books, posts, or any personal knowledge you could proliferate on this complicated occurrence, how and why the mainstream media simplifies violence and historical struggles into a good vs evil narrative with Palestinians ignored, and your opinions on the topic. I want to find out more so I can present my family and classmates with an alternate view.

pcosmar
07-17-2014, 10:21 PM
They sent in Ground Troops Today. After days of heavy bombing. They are deliberately targeting civilians.

I wonder why the US government is supporting Nazis all over the world.
The media Manipulation is bad enough,,

Would these sick fucks crash a plane just to change the headline?

robert68
07-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Gaza is essentially populated by some of the refugees and their descendants driven out in 1948 to set up the state of Israel, then populated mostly by Jews recently arrived from Eastern Europe. It’s a very densely population open air prison. Israel exists at the exclusion of the natives of the land, the Palestinians, and it depends on the US militarily and financially for its survival.

jtyr8nt93
07-19-2014, 01:42 AM
I remember reading something on Lewrockwell on the religious affiliation that many conservatives and others latch onto Israel for, though I cant quite remember the exact reasons.

COpatriot
07-19-2014, 02:05 AM
I remember reading something on Lewrockwell on the religious affiliation that many conservatives and others latch onto Israel for, though I cant quite remember the exact reasons.

It's the rapture freak crowd. They've been useful idiots for the Israelis for years. I grew up in a home that believed that bullshit. The Hagee/Left Behind types have made a fortune off of it.

Read up on dispensationalism.