PDA

View Full Version : The Unseen: How the non-active supporters will make or break our R[evol]ution.

RPTXState
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Some of us have been Paulites since '88. Others discovered Paul after his spat with Rudy. Others have come to our movement from November 5th. We all share one thing in common: we are ACTIVELY supporting and spreading our canidate.

But what about the others?

What about those who, while they like Ron Paul, and will vote for him, they are not donating money and not going to rallies or visiting the forums. We NEED them to win.

According to RonPaulGraphs (great website, BTW), we have had roughly 120k donors this quarter. For comparison, 20 million votes where cast in the Republican primary in 2000.

In order to win, we need to reach out to everyone. Sure, getting poeple to donate on the 16th is great, but in the end, VOTES are needed. Sites like pledgeforpaul.com, while nice and fancy, mean nothing. Online polls mean nothing. Hell, telling poeple about Ron Paul over the internet means nothing.

A minute on the forums is a minute not spend informing voters. We have 20 million to spread our message to. Get to it.

I'll check here occasionally, but I wont be posting. I have more important things to do. What about you?

newmedia4ron
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
I spend too much time e-campaigning too
checklist for everybody
Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Have you applied to be a Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher?
Do you know your polling place?
Have you recruited other supporters to become delegates?
Have you circulated a petition?
Have you verified (from the horse’s mouth) that Ron Paul will be on your state’s ballot?
Do you attend GOP meetings (township - county – state)?
Have you canvassed collecting names and phone numbers and sent it to HQ?
Have you promoted Ron Paul to Christian media and ProLife groups?
Do you ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul?
Do you write letters to you local newspapers?
Have you promoted Ron Paul at gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, etc?
Have you passed out registration forms to young supporters?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul?
Do you have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your meetup members to be ready to mobilize when needed?
Have you hit the streets passing out DVDs/literature?
Have you sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement?
Have you attempted to get your local public access channel to play Ron Paul videos such as his previous interviews in public access shows?
Have you requested “street lists” of registered voters?
Is your meetup inactive? Then do canvassing/lit drops by yourself.

I do stuff by myself all the time. My meetup group sux.

James R
12-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Some of us have been Paulites since '88. Others discovered Paul after his spat with Rudy. Others have come to our movement from November 5th. We all share one thing in common: we are ACTIVELY supporting and spreading our canidate.

But what about the others?

What about those who, while they like Ron Paul, and will vote for him, they are not donating money and not going to rallies or visiting the forums. We NEED them to win.

According to RonPaulGraphs (great website, BTW), we have had roughly 120k donors this quarter. For comparison, 20 million votes where cast in the Republican primary in 2000.

In order to win, we need to reach out to everyone. Sure, getting poeple to donate on the 16th is great, but in the end, VOTES are needed. Sites like pledgeforpaul.com, while nice and fancy, mean nothing. Online polls mean nothing. Hell, telling poeple about Ron Paul over the internet means nothing.

A minute on the forums is a minute not spend informing voters. We have 20 million to spread our message to. Get to it.

I'll check here occasionally, but I wont be posting. I have more important things to do. What about you?

I think the Meetup membership numbers show that we are actively supporting Ron Paul in general.

justinc.1089
12-01-2007, 08:49 PM
20 million is a lot.....

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
We need to focus on becoming part of the party structure. Our meet-ups should all be planning to attend their state GOP convention... bring their family and friends... run for committee seats and delegates....we win nomination and bad guys are out of a job. GOP Renewed into kinder friendlier GOP.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
A Delegate vote is worth hundreds of thousands of votes. We can win with delegates. Contact your local meet-up organizer, they should be able to help you.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Can you go the RNC if your not a delegate, I'm hoping when i get to NY I still have time to become a delegate (damn college transition) but if not I'd still like to attend the RNC and join comiittees.

Where is it being held.

coboman
12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
The only way to reach 20 million is through MSM.

The more money the official campaign has to buy airtime (and air good ads, for god's sake), the more probable is to reach those people.

Also anything newsworthy we do, like the moneybombs, make people take notice.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 09:06 PM
For every meetup members I'd say at least 10 more non-active supporters are out there, so that'd be at least a 1million Rp suporters, if this 900,000 turns out to vote, we will be golden.

The logic is that each of these 100,000 has recruited at least 9 others who probably are sold but not active.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Can you go the RNC if your not a delegate, I'm hoping when i get to NY I still have time to become a delegate (damn college transition) but if not I'd still like to attend the RNC and join comiittees.

Where is it being held.

Not sure if you could get into the RNC without invite. But local meetings are generally open to the public.

AggieforPaul
12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
In my own personal experience, trying to convert random people you dont know with "campaign stops" is pretty tough. But I always manage to work his name in to conversation with my friends and family. So far I've converted my best friend and this dude who posts on a video game forum with me. My family's coming around. I know I can get my sister for sure. My grandfather agrees with RP on everything, he just doesn't know it yet. My mom may be a tough sell, because she'll vote Democrat if the Democrats run a woman, or run someone with good sounding clips on education. My dad is a lost cause. Im working on a few of my university friends. My goal is to convert a minimum of 10 people.