PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Warren on the upcoming collapse of the middle class

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
UC Berkeley Graduate Council Lecture (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5418807724331872135)

Conversations with History (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8092932170273060707)

She doesn't advocate hard, honest money here--I doubt she has even read arguments for it--but she goes into why our current credit ecomony is harmful for the middle class. She comes to one of the same conclusions Ron Paul does: the middle class will soon be doomed! Wiped out.

The first video is better. I included "Conversations with History" because, though a bit boring and doesn't expand on much, she tells a story of how Hillary Clinton succumbed to will of the special interests and big bankers while in the senate, something every tax payer should know about.

fsk
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
So what if the middle class is wiped out?

If there's no more middle class, then there won't be a mass of people advocating for the maintenance of the current economic and political system.

If the middle class is being wiped out, don't you think that someone, somewhere, is doing it on purpose?

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
So what if the middle class is wiped out?
Some serious times ecomonically (obviously) and it has some political implications. I'm not too sure, I suppose you can look throughout history and see what has happened. However, my family is part of the middle class and we are struggling bad. I don't feel one bit uncomfortable but the as I look at my options they don't look too appealing. I mean, things cost so much and with the dollar depreciating the way it is, it's just daunting.

If the middle class is being wiped out, don't you think that someone, somewhere, is doing it on purpose?
That's a possibility, but it's more of a symptom of the corrupt system. Speculating if some boogeyman out there is trying to manipulate everything gets us nowhere.

Paulitician
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
bumpity bump