PDA

View Full Version : New Hope For the Blimp

rjo43084
12-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Stop the presses. Stop the presses. I just noticed that they say Bradley Smith is a member of their legal team. If this is actually true, it would really quell my concerns. If anyone knows anything about campaign finance reform, it's Bradley Smith, and if you've read his book Unfree Speech: The Folly of Campaign Finance Reform, you would understand that. This guy knows his stuff, so if he is really backing this blimp, then it means that there is no scam or illegal activity taking place. This man is all about free speech, fairness, and equality. I trust this man almost as much as I trust Ron Paul. And if a statement can be issued by him and posted on the website to make his involvement in this venture official, I will definitely donate to them.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Stop the presses. Stop the presses. I just noticed that they say Bradley Smith is a member of their legal team. If this is actually true, it would really quell my concerns. If anyone knows anything about campaign finance reform, it's Bradley Smith, and if you've read his book Unfree Speech: The Folly of Campaign Finance Reform, you would understand that. This guy knows his stuff, so if he is really backing this blimp, then it means that there is no scam or illegal activity taking place. This man is all about free speech, fairness, and equality. I trust this man almost as much as I trust Ron Paul. And if a statement can be issued by him and posted on the website to make his involvement in this venture official, I will definitely donate to them.

i think he is legal counsel to them not officially tied to the company, it is somewhat like my company hiring on retainer a intellectual property firm to defend and advise.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Got some online info on this gentleman?

rory096
i think he is legal counsel to them not officially tied to the company, it is somewhat like my company hiring on retainer a intellectual property firm to defend and advise.
Right, and considering he's a member of Lawyers for Romney, I don't think he supports Ron Paul, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been retained to make sure everything the blimp project does is legal, which significantly adds to the project's credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_A._Smith , for starters.

steph3n
Right, and considering he's a member of Lawyers for Romney, I don't think he supports Ron Paul, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been retained to make sure everything the blimp project does is legal, which significantly adds to the project's credibility.

Yep my thoughts too :)

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/BradSmith.php

rjo43084
12-01-2007, 08:46 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_A._Smith

Just wikipedia, but gives you decent info. I trust him just based on his writings. He's very fair and balanced, and seems to stick his kneck out for justice and doing the right thing. His book completely changed my outlook on campaign finance reform. Did almost a complete 180 on the issue. I would definitely put some trust in this man.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, people should know this info... this is very important.

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
bump

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM

Ah geeze, I've been saying this since before noon. :o

steph3n
12-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I think we just need to point every negative to this thread for now on :)

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I think we just need to point every negative to this thread for now on :)

I'm trying to resist the urge to post comments on negative threads because it just keeps them at the top of the page.

alien
12-01-2007, 09:28 PM
So one of Romney's lawyers is helping with the blimp project? You don't think there is a conflict of interest here? Am I missing something? We could easily be set up.

And I'm not trying to be negative and I am a legit long time RP supporter, check with the Houston meetup Ronpaul-24 for proof. So I am not a troll. I just find it very disturbing if I understood that correctly and another candidates attorney is helping us.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
So one of Romney's lawyers is helping with the blimp project? You don't think there is a conflict of interest here? Am I missing something? We could easily be set up.

And I'm not trying to be negative and I am a legit long time RP supporter, check with the Houston meetup Ronpaul-24 for proof. So I am not a troll. I just find it very disturbing if I understood that correctly and another candidates attorney is helping us.

An attorney is paid to perform a job, and he has done so, he is a professional above all else.

rory096
12-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Not Romney's lawyer, just a lawyer who apparently supports Romney. This is like someone who likes Coke working for Pepsi, it's not a big deal.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Bump :)

alien
12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Not Romney's lawyer, just a lawyer who apparently supports Romney. This is like someone who likes Coke working for Pepsi, it's not a big deal.

Sorry but I don't see the connection between a soft drink and the leader of the "free" world. There is always the possiblity that he could sabotage something. But I see that if he did that we would expose the hell out of him and he would lose a lot of business. I guess since he's a supporter of Romney he wouldn't be enthusiatic enough to pull anything anyway.

rory096
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Sorry but I don't see the connection between a soft drink and the leader of the "free" world. There is always the possiblity that he could sabotage something. But I see that if he did that we would expose the hell out of him and he would lose a lot of business. I guess since he's a supporter of Romney he wouldn't be enthusiatic enough to pull anything anyway.
He's not working for Romney, he only supports him. Are you saying we should only deal with people who support the same candidate we do, or we're at risk of being sabotaged? That's a bit ridiculous.

steph3n

It would reflect badly on him and Romney, it won't be bad my friend :)

i have never read his books but have now checked them out a bit and they look very legit he's a big free speech guy and knows FEC regulations inside and out

alien
BTW, I do think that the blimp is a GREAT idea and I can't wait to see it on the news. If this doesn't make the MSM take notice, nothing will.:D

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I've been thinking that the unique way of funding the blimp might make a news story in and of itself.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 09:51 PM
//