PDA

View Full Version : I survived my 2 weeks in the War Zone called USA

Mani
07-16-2014, 10:32 PM
I just completed my 2 weeks in the place referred by some authorities as the war zone.

Just a few thoughts on the place I used to call home. My last few trips have been 4-5 day trips back to the US, so they were a blur. Between the 14 hour flights, 1-2 days of activities, and flight back, I couldn't function much.

This is the first time in 3 years I spent a signification chunk of time back in the U.S. And there was something odd that seemed out of place that I don't remember growing up.

There were police, EVERYWHERE.

We talk about it, but for the first time I actually noticed it. The number of cops or cop cars I saw was so high I lost count. After 20 I couldn't keep track, it may have been 40..I don't know, it was a lot.

On one particular stretch of 60 miles on the interstate between IL and WI, I saw 4 cop cars. I didn't notice how many on the way to Chicago because I was with someone talking, but on the way back i was alone and turned off the radio (I had recorded one of the world cup games so went completely dark), and THAT'S when I became more aware of my surroundings. Every 10-20 miles a cop had pulled someone on the side of the road, or they were hiding under a bridge, ramp, or behind construction.

Then I started paying more attention during the rest of the trip, and it was constant. Not just the interstate, but driving through a small town couple times we saw cops perched and waiting. Then driving through suburbs, they were there. Driving around downtown Chicago, pretty much everywhere. Anywhere, always cops were around.

One time pulling over for gas in a normal looking neighborhood, there was a car pulled over on the side of the road, and a guy slightly disheveled sitting nearby the gas station. A cop showed up while we were finishing up, and starts talking to the guy, I noticed while talking to this guy (who just looked like a blue collar type), the cop has his hand on his fire-arm during the conversation. We pull away and I'm watching, WTF does the cop need to have his hand at the ready holding his fire-arm????

The guy looked pretty normal, his body language was very subdued and obedient looking, this did not look like a dangerous or hostile situation. I found it bizarre.

When driving on the interstate I saw a sign during construction "speeding fines are doubled", well there was a cop driving pretty fast and we move over to the slow lane to get out of his way (this happened a couple times on the trip). This particular time, the cop starts tailgating a car. He's right on their ass for what seems like a minute. The construction area was just about to end and the cop puts his lights on right before and pulls the car over. Literally 30 seconds later they would have been out of the construction zone....No one was speeding, everyone was driving slow, but maybe the car in front of the cop picked up his speed a few ticks or panicked with a cop riding his ass. I just commented on the "Revenue generation..." that cop was fulfilling. Double speeding fines! He had to quickly snare someone seconds before that sign ends. It was rather obvious that was his tactic.

Luckily I saw no beatings or attacks, and it was thankfully uneventful.

But man, it was alarming seeing cops pretty much EVERYWHERE. Like EVERYWHERE! As in, EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was definitely not like that when I was growing up, where there are more cops on the street than fast food restaurants.

I was thankful flying out, felt a bit more free...Hahaha..The irony.

thoughtomator
07-16-2014, 10:45 PM
The King's highwaymen.

2young2vote
07-16-2014, 10:57 PM
More government and more cops do not make me feel any safer from "the bad guys."

Anti Federalist
07-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Had some family friends up visiting over the last weekend.

Took them out to dinner and sadly, he backed into a parked car with his truck, caving in part of the front wheelwell.

No serious damage, but of course, everybody wants to report it the cops, just to cover their asses.

I withdraw from the scene, of course, but not before Officer Friendly shows up.

Now, there was no beatings or taserings or such, just a simple exchange of information and paperwork.

What struck me though, was how he addressed himself, maybe one of three cops in this little podunk NH town.

Corporal Blah de Blah.

Not "officer", not "patrolman", not even "Mr."

Corporal.

Brought the militarized police culture right home.

amy31416
07-16-2014, 11:16 PM
I live in a small town relatively close to IL, and I see more cops here than I did on the East coast. I've been pulled over three times in the last two years and I don't even speed anymore...the last cop seemed disappointed that he had nothing to go on, the other two were understanding. It's bizarre.

In HS, a friend of mine was "busted" for outrunning the cops, and all the cop did was call her dad and let him handle the punishment...they're looking for something, anything.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2014, 11:41 PM
I live in a small town relatively close to IL, and I see more cops here than I did on the East coast. I've been pulled over three times in the last two years and I don't even speed anymore...the last cop seemed disappointed that he had nothing to go on, the other two were understanding. It's bizarre.

In HS, a friend of mine was "busted" for outrunning the cops, and all the cop did was call her dad and let him handle the punishment...they're looking for something, anything.

CopLand.

DamianTV
07-17-2014, 01:12 AM
... and things arent even "bad" yet.

When Govt collapses from having overprinted their money, and what they offer their well paid "Officers of Peace" does not even allow them to eat, those Cops will quit, and many will transition into the thugs they really are. They will take what they feel they need (or just want) from you and I by violence, and without any Govt (myth) or group of people willing to stand up to the new abusers, Ex Cops will become the new kings, but that kingship may be very very short lived...

ChristianAnarchist
07-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I too, compare our frequent trips to "communist red China" and always I'm amazed at how much more BOWLSHEIT we put up with from our "gods" with guns. Although in the 20 years I've been going to China I've seen the police presence there increase, it's still nowhere near the amount of personal in your face crap we deal with on a regular basis here. And don't think I just don't see it because I'm in some "resort" somewhere. I live among the Chinese because I'm married to one. I have a Chinese drivers license (very unusual for a westerner) and I've driven from Beijing to Shanghai running red lights and passing on the shoulder and pretty much ignoring most "laws" as all the drivers do there...

euphemia
07-17-2014, 06:05 PM
It's just odd to hear people say this when people complain about the lack of law enforcement personnel.

Working Poor
07-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Although in the 20 years I've been going to China I've seen the police presence there increase,

Is it illegal to own a fire arm there?

PaulConventionWV
07-17-2014, 09:43 PM
It's just odd to hear people say this when people complain about the lack of law enforcement personnel.

Is it, though? Is it, really?

limequat
07-18-2014, 06:56 AM
I just completed my 2 weeks in the place referred by some authorities as the war zone.

Just a few thoughts on the place I used to call home. My last few trips have been 4-5 day trips back to the US, so they were a blur. Between the 14 hour flights, 1-2 days of activities, and flight back, I couldn't function much.

This is the first time in 3 years I spent a signification chunk of time back in the U.S. And there was something odd that seemed out of place that I don't remember growing up.

There were police, EVERYWHERE.

We talk about it, but for the first time I actually noticed it. The number of cops or cop cars I saw was so high I lost count. After 20 I couldn't keep track, it may have been 40..I don't know, it was a lot.

On one particular stretch of 60 miles on the interstate between IL and WI, I saw 4 cop cars. I didn't notice how many on the way to Chicago because I was with someone talking, but on the way back i was alone and turned off the radio (I had recorded one of the world cup games so went completely dark), and THAT'S when I became more aware of my surroundings. Every 10-20 miles a cop had pulled someone on the side of the road, or they were hiding under a bridge, ramp, or behind construction.

Then I started paying more attention during the rest of the trip, and it was constant. Not just the interstate, but driving through a small town couple times we saw cops perched and waiting. Then driving through suburbs, they were there. Driving around downtown Chicago, pretty much everywhere. Anywhere, always cops were around.

One time pulling over for gas in a normal looking neighborhood, there was a car pulled over on the side of the road, and a guy slightly disheveled sitting nearby the gas station. A cop showed up while we were finishing up, and starts talking to the guy, I noticed while talking to this guy (who just looked like a blue collar type), the cop has his hand on his fire-arm during the conversation. We pull away and I'm watching, WTF does the cop need to have his hand at the ready holding his fire-arm????

The guy looked pretty normal, his body language was very subdued and obedient looking, this did not look like a dangerous or hostile situation. I found it bizarre.

When driving on the interstate I saw a sign during construction "speeding fines are doubled", well there was a cop driving pretty fast and we move over to the slow lane to get out of his way (this happened a couple times on the trip). This particular time, the cop starts tailgating a car. He's right on their ass for what seems like a minute. The construction area was just about to end and the cop puts his lights on right before and pulls the car over. Literally 30 seconds later they would have been out of the construction zone....No one was speeding, everyone was driving slow, but maybe the car in front of the cop picked up his speed a few ticks or panicked with a cop riding his ass. I just commented on the "Revenue generation..." that cop was fulfilling. Double speeding fines! He had to quickly snare someone seconds before that sign ends. It was rather obvious that was his tactic.

Luckily I saw no beatings or attacks, and it was thankfully uneventful.

But man, it was alarming seeing cops pretty much EVERYWHERE. Like EVERYWHERE! As in, EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was definitely not like that when I was growing up, where there are more cops on the street than fast food restaurants.

I was thankful flying out, felt a bit more free...Hahaha..The irony.

Thanks for the perspective. You're in HK?

I'm thinking somewhere in the carribean will be my bugout location...

ChristianAnarchist
07-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Is it illegal to own a fire arm there?

No. Firearms are Verboten. Even most cops don't have them so there's less chance of being shot by a cop there.

fr33
07-19-2014, 01:13 AM
I live out in the middle of nowhere and there are cops everywhere. Most people around here seem close to being fed up with it. These days they aren't calling for more.

osan
07-19-2014, 09:22 AM
When Govt collapses...

You're an optimist.

those Cops will quit, and many will transition into the thugs they really are.

That's OK because we will be there to kill them, and we will. At some point this raging brigandry will no longer be acceptable to enough of us and to a degree such that we will act without equivocation and these rabid maniacs will be rightfully euthanized and hopefully never again tolerated.

They will take what they feel they need (or just want) from you and I by violence, and without any Govt (myth) or group of people willing to stand up to the new abusers, Ex Cops will become the new kings, but that kingship may be very very short lived...

I doubt this. As jaded as I can be at times, I do believe that once the veneer of the status quo is broken and exposed for what it is in such manner that no rational man will be able to deny that it was all fakery and is now gone, ex-cops will not be tolerated in attitude or action. They will be killed in large numbers - perhaps a hundred thousand or more. Some will be tried. Some will be simply killed outright, whether sans trial or during the commission of some perfidy to which they will almost certainly and mistakenly believe they remain entitled. And when the false imprimatur of the "state" is no longer there as the psychological bulwark to support their crimes through the instrumentality of formal departments and courts, they will be riddled with holes and their bodies left for the coyotes and buzzards. It will be all too good for them, but at this point I will be satisfied with the cleansing this land so desperately needs.

Mani
07-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the perspective. You're in HK?

I'm thinking somewhere in the carribean will be my bugout location...

yup. I have a couple friends out the in carribbean, who are much happier there instead of when they were in FL.