PDA

View Full Version : The facts are in: Obama’s invasion sparks rise in TB in States along border!

johnwk
07-16-2014, 08:42 PM
In answer to Americans who are concerned about the spread of deadly tuberculosis from the ongoing invasion of our borders, they are now being told that tuberculosis is not on the rise in the U.S. Of course, concerned Americans hope we can keep it that way. Unfortunately, with the massive illegal invasion of foreigners from Mexico and Central America during the past ten or so years, there is a rise in tuberculosis along the U.S. Mexican border, and that is very, very, disturbing!

The last REPORT (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5001a1.htm) (Preventing and Controlling Tuberculosis Along the U.S.-Mexico Border) I read prepared by the CDC staff members in 2001 begins as follows:

Converging factors contribute to elevated tuberculosis (TB) incidence and complicate case management in the U.S. states bordering Mexico.

More recently, in March of 2013, I read an article titled Risk of Deadly TB Exposure Grows Along U.S.-Mexico Border (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323293704578336283658347240), which states:

”North of the border, in San Diego, the overall TB rate is around twice the U.S. national average. Los Angeles is grappling with its worst TB outbreak in a decade, and police have been reminded to use face masks when encountering those who are sick. "You can learn from San Diego how things could play out in the heartland of America," says Richard Kiy, chief executive of International Community Foundation, a public foundation that supports treatment of drug-resistant TB patients at Dr. Laniado-Laborin's clinic and elsewhere in Baja California”.

And a few days ago the following was released: Tuberculosis, a rising immigration concern on the border (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVARZY85RgY)

”Emory law professor and immigration expert Polly Price says tuberculosis is on the rise among Mexican- and Latin American-born persons, and it's a concern along the border, especially with the influx of children recently.”

Judging from the above information, the question is; is there not an imminent health threat from the ongoing invasion of our borders from Mexico and Central America? And if there is, why is Obama and his Administration not protecting us from this ongoing invasion?
JWK

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion

qh4dotcom
07-16-2014, 09:06 PM
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion
[/size]

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL MEN are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
- The Declaration of Independence
---------------

Stop confusing invasion with the right to pursue happiness.

Seems pretty clear to me....ALL MEN have the right to pursue happiness...that includes every immigrant who came to this country including the "illegal" ones...they are all exercising their God-given right to pursue happiness by immigrating to this country. Let the Churches, charity, family members, etc. deal with them...maybe they will find their happiness there.

johnwk
07-16-2014, 09:19 PM
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL MEN are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
---------------

Seems pretty clear to me....ALL MEN have the right to pursue happiness...that includes every immigrant who came to this country including the "illegal" ones...they are all exercising their God-given right to pursue happiness by immigrating to this country. Let the Churches, charity, family members, etc. deal with them...maybe they will find their happiness there.

I wasn't aware that all men have the right to trespass on other people's property.

Aside from that, the subject of the thread is about the rise in TB all bordering States!

JWK

“He has erected a multitude of new offices (http://www.firstgov.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml) , and sent hither swarms of officers, to harass our people, and eat out their substance” ___Declaration of Independence

TheCount
07-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Is it time for us to move on to another manufactured controversy yet? I'm fucking tired of this one.

qh4dotcom
07-17-2014, 05:33 AM
I wasn't aware that all men have the right to trespass on other people's property.

Aside from that, the subject of the thread is about the rise in TB all bordering States!

JWK

“He has erected a multitude of new offices (http://www.firstgov.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml) , and sent hither swarms of officers, to harass our people, and eat out their substance” ___Declaration of Independence

Ummm...since when does emigrating to another country equal trespassing on other people's property?

If that is the case then every immigrant who has come to this country needs to be arrested.

XNavyNuke
07-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Ummm...since when does emigrating to another country equal trespassing on other people's property?

Ummmmm... When they don't have to common courtesy to come across the border through national park property and instead cross privately owned land which abuts the border.

http://www.fieldassignment.com/2012/12/raising-food-texas-border-farms.html

.The 15 border counties include nearly 8,200 farms and ranches covering more than 15 million acres and generate more than $700 million in agricultural sales annually.

XNN

qh4dotcom
07-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Ummmmm... When they don't have to common courtesy to come across the border through national park property and instead cross privately owned land which abuts the border.

http://www.fieldassignment.com/2012/12/raising-food-texas-border-farms.html

XNN

True....but not all immigrants trespass on the privately owned land.....some come through the national park property.

Which raises another question....Ok, some of them trespassed on private land, but they got out....now what? Now that they are no longer in private land they no longer have their right to pursue happiness? Seems to me that they should face the same consequences as anyone else trespassing on private land.

and I guess I trespassed on private land when I emigrated to this country and the airplane I came in flew over private land.

johnwk
07-17-2014, 06:46 AM

Getting back to the subject of the thread and away from the trolls, what I didn’t know is that since Obama has been president, tuberculosis is also on the rise in New York City, which has a large population of illegal aliens!

SEE: Tuberculosis cases in city rising for first time in decade: Health Department (http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/tuberculosis-cases-city-rise-article-1.1728817#ixzz37h3ntiyp)

Thursday, March 20, 2014, 9:25 PM

”For the first time in a decade, tuberculosis cases are on the rise in New York City, according to the Health Department.”

JWK

Impeach Obama and stop his fundamental transformation of America by executive orders!

Dianne
07-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Getting back to the subject of the thread and away from the trolls, what I didn’t know is that since Obama has been president, tuberculosis is also on the rise in New York City, which has a large population of illegal aliens!

SEE: Tuberculosis cases in city rising for first time in decade: Health Department (http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/tuberculosis-cases-city-rise-article-1.1728817#ixzz37h3ntiyp)

”For the first time in a decade, tuberculosis cases are on the rise in New York City, according to the Health Department.”

JWK

Impeach Obama and stop his fundamental transformation of America by executive orders!

At least they have Obamacare and will get treatment in the next year or two.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 07:58 AM
---------------

Nope. You are wrong. In fact our Founding Fathers were very wary of immigration from nations that did not share their culture and values.

In one of the most neglected sections of his Notes on Virginia, Thomas Jefferson posed the question, “Are there no inconveniences to be thrown into the scale against the advantage expected by a multiplication of numbers by the importation of foreigners?”

What was likely to happen, according to Jefferson, was that immigrants would come to America from countries that would have given them no experience living in a free society. They would bring with them the ideas and principles of the governments they left behind –ideas and principles that were often at odds with American liberty.

“Suppose 20 millions of republican Americans thrown all of a sudden into France, what would be the condition of that kingdom?” Jefferson asked. “If it would be more turbulent, less happy, less strong, we may believe that the addition of half a million of foreigners to our present numbers would produce a similar effect here.”

Alexander Hamilton was even more blunt. He invited his fellow Americans to consider the example of another people who had been more generous with their immigration policy than prudence dictated: the American Indians. Hamilton wrote, “Prudence requires us to trace the history further and ask what has become of the nations of savages who exercised this policy, and who now occupies the territory which they then inhabited? Perhaps a lesson is here taught which ought not to be despised.”

Hamilton was likewise unconvinced that diversity was a strength. The safety of a republic, according to him, depended “essentially on the energy of a common national sentiment, on a uniformity of principles and habits, on the exemption of the citizens from foreign bias and prejudice, and on that love of country which will almost invariably be found to be closely connected with birth, education and family.” He then drew out the implications of this point: “The influx of foreigners must, therefore, tend to produce a heterogeneous compound; to change and corrupt the national spirit; to complicate and confound public opinion; to introduce foreign propensities. In the composition of society, the harmony of the ingredients is all-important, and whatever tends to a discordant intermixture must have an injurious tendency.”

George Washington contended in a 1794 letter to John Adams that there was no particular need for the U.S. to encourage immigration, “except of useful mechanics and some particular descriptions of men or professions.” He continued: “The policy or advantage of its taking place in a body (I mean the settling of them in a body) may be much questioned; for by so doing, they retain the language, habits, and principles (good or bad) which they bring with them.”

http://humanevents.com/2007/07/20/founding-fathers-were-immigration-skeptics/

ILLEGAL ALIENS are equal, yes. They are "equal" in their own nations.

DamianTV
07-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Off topic, but again, whats with the 1 star thread rating asshat?

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Is it time for us to move on to another manufactured controversy yet? I'm fucking tired of this one.

If you lived in Texas, you wouldn't be taking it so lightly.

staerker
07-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Nope. You are wrong. In fact our Founding Fathers were very wary of immigration from nations that did not share their culture and values.

Screw the founders. I wonder how God felt about this:

You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless.

Dr.3D
07-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Now the government is sending illegals all over the country. When visiting those countries, I noticed diseases like leprosy and TB. I would hate to see those diseases spread all over the United States.

Zippyjuan
07-17-2014, 12:50 PM

JWK

OK- maybe we should get back to the question. As part of their screening, the kids are given health examinations to check for things like contageous diseases. As of July 7th, how many cases of TB had been found among them? Three. In 52,000 kids. That is hardly a major outbreak and more of a fear factor being exploited.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2014/07/07/reports-of-immigrant-children-carrying-tuberculosis-into-u-s-.html

SAN ANTONIO - According to the Associated Press, Texas health officials have confined three cases of Tuberculosis among children caught crossing the Texas-Mexico border.

Many unaccompanied young immigrants living in a temporary shelter at Joint Base San Antonio Lackland, while thousands are living in crammed conditions at U.S. Border Patrol Stations along the border.

Dr. Dennis Conrad, professor of pediatrics in the division of Immunology and Infectious Disease at The University of Texas Health Science Center, says TB is generally spread through close, prolonged contact with a patient who is contagious.

However, he says most people infected with TB never have symptoms and are not contagious, especially children 6 years old or younger.

The Associated Press reports Texas sees 1300 cases of TB annually.

Conrad believes reports of infected immigrant children should not raise concerns among the general public.

"It is roughly the same risk that has always existed due to the immigrant population," he said. "What's more important since those children are being housed together in close environments, is that their health care providers who care for them- they need to screen them for infectious diseases."

The most widely known symptom of Tuberculosis is coughing that can produce blood and tissue, which spreads bacteria into the air and generates infection among others.

People exposed to an infected and contagious patient can wear a face mask, gloves or gown over their clothing to protect themselves.

Meanwhile, since October, more than 52,000 children have been caught crossing into the U.S. illegally since October, reports the Associated Press. Most of them are from Central America.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 12:55 PM
OK- maybe we should get back to the question. As part of their screening, the kids are given health examinations to check for things like contageous diseases. As of July 7th, how many cases of TB had been found among them? Three. In 52,000 kids. That is hardly a major outbreak and more of a fear factor being exploited.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2014/07/07/reports-of-immigrant-children-carrying-tuberculosis-into-u-s-.html

It has also been found that the healthcare workers treating them were told to shut their mouths about the diseases being found in these detention centers. Apparently, it is rampant.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Screw the founders. I wonder how God felt about this:

No one is oppressing them. They should stay in their own countries and apply for citizenship, if that is what they want.

Bringing down our own country is not going to help anyone.

dannno
07-17-2014, 01:08 PM

JWK

The immigrants aren't trespassing, the buses that are taking them to the concentration camps are trespassing.

dannno
07-17-2014, 01:10 PM
No one is oppressing them. They should stay in their own countries and apply for citizenship, if that is what they want.

Actually they live under an oppressive regime that is supported and funded by........ guess who???

And the recent actions against the people there have been supported and funded by.... guess who??

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455939-Who-s-Responsible-for-the-Flight-of-Honduran-Children

staerker
07-17-2014, 01:37 PM

Okay, then:

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God

qh4dotcom
07-17-2014, 01:45 PM
I wonder if Liberty Eagle is a Catholic
http://fff.org/2014/06/25/catholics-libertarians-and-immigration/

CATHOLICS, LIBERTARIANS, AND IMMIGRATION
by Jacob G. Hornberger
June 25, 2014
This week, I have been focusing on why Catholics who wish to remain true to Christian principles should be libertarians rather than statists. This series of articles is in response to an conference recently held at the Catholic University of America entitled “Erroneous Authority: The Catholic Case Against Libertarianism.”

In the first two segments of this series, I focused on two areas — charity and drug laws — to show that libertarianism is consistent with Christian principles and that statism is contrary to Christian principles.

Today, I wish to focus on immigration, another area in which the state, with the full support of statists, is actively engaged in violating God’s laws, thereby once again placing Catholics (and other Christians) into having to choose between pursuing God’s laws or Caesar’s laws.

As Thomas Jefferson pointed out in the Declaration of Independence, every person has been endowed with certain fundamental, inherent rights that pre-exist government. These natural, God-given rights include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

These rights necessarily include sustaining one’s life through labor and exchange, improving one’s economic lot in life as well as that of his family, traveling and moving with the aim of bettering one’s life, entering into mutually beneficial economic transactions with others, accumulating the fruits of one’s earnings, and deciding for one’s self what to do with his own money.

What the state does with immigration controls is infringe on those fundamental, God-given rights. Caesar — the organized means of coercion and compulsion we know as the state — says:

We prohibit you from exercising your inherent, fundamental, God-given rights unless you come to us first and seek official permission to exercise them. If you cross into the United States without our permission and seek to better your life by accepting a job from a willing American employer, we will come after you with the full force of the U.S. government. We will raid private businesses and arrest you, incarcerate you, fine you, and deport you. If you resist arrest, we will put you down.

So, for decades the federal government has abused and mistreated people whose “crime” has been to exercise the fundamental God-given rights to which Jefferson referred — freedom of movement, freedom of travel, freedom of trade, freedom of association, and economic liberty.

That’s what immigration controls do. There is no way to avoid it, no matter what immigration “reform” is adopted. After all, let’s not forget that decade after decade has been filled with all sorts of immigration “reforms” and that immigrants are being treated worse than ever. People are still being deported, families are still being separated, immigrants are still being mistreated and abused, and they’re still dying on lonely deserts or in the back of 18-wheelers.

I ask you a very simple question: How in the world is it possible to reconcile the statists’ war on immigrants with God’s second-greatest commandment: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself?

Answer: It cannot be. Immigration controls, along with the arrests, searches, seizures, raids, jails, fines, and deportations that come with them, constitute a direct violation of God’s second-greatest commandment.

And don’t forget what Jesus said: The second-greatest commandment is just like the first: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Thus, when one abuses and mistreats immigrants or supports their abuse and mistreatment, isn’t that an accurate reflection of how the abuser feels toward God and, for that matter, toward himself?

That’s the statist position on immigration — waging war against peaceful people who are simply trying to better their lives, help their families, and pursue happiness by offering their labor services to others who are willing to pay for them.

I also can’t help but think about the following passage from Matthew:

For I was hungry and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. I was a stranger and you took me not in: naked and you covered me not: sick and in prison and you did not visit me.

Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to thee?

Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen: I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

Given the negative mindset and attitude that statists have toward immigrants, how can any Catholic in good conscience be a statist?

Of course, the statist would say, “Jacob, the law is the law. People have to obey the law.”

Really? Wasn’t segregation the law? Wasn’t slavery the law? Wasn’t apartheid the law? Didn’t the law require the round-ups of Jews in Nazi Germany?

When man’s laws violate God’s laws, man’s laws become null and void and are not deserving of respect or compliance.

What is the libertarian position on immigration? It’s the position that is consistent with Christian principles. Open the borders to the free movements of people. Leave people free to exercise their God-given rights to travel, move, better their lives, go to work for others, open businesses, and engage in any other peaceful actions by which people pursue happiness in their own way.

Thus, the question once again naturally arises: Given that statism violates Christian principles and given that libertarianism is consistent with Christian principles, how in the world can a Catholic who wishes to remain true to the words of Our Lord be anything but a libertarian? Why would any Catholic who wants to pursue God’s laws choose to be a statist?

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 01:46 PM
I wonder if Liberty Eagle is a Catholic

Sorry to disappoint you, but NO.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Actually they live under an oppressive regime that is supported and funded by........ guess who???

And the recent actions against the people there have been supported and funded by.... guess who??

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455939-Who-s-Responsible-for-the-Flight-of-Honduran-Children

How would it help us or them to finish off what is left of our country?

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Ron Paul:

I understand the argument of some libertarians that there should be no limits at all on who comes into the United States, but the reality is we do not live in a libertarian society. We live in a society where healthcare is provided — often by over-burdened emergency rooms that cannot legally turn away the sick — “free” education is provided, and other support via food stamp programs is also made available for “free” to illegal immigrants. Many even argue that they should be allowed to vote!

In a free society where the warfare-welfare state ceased to exist, immigration laws would be far less important. A free market would seek workers rather than immigrants to add to its welfare rolls.

Read more at http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/07/14/ron-paul-whats-missing-in-immigration-debate/#lGr0Tbt01UU2jRLH.99

dannno
07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
How would it help us or them to finish off what is left of our country?

I don't support busing them around to concentration camps like they are or putting them on welfare.. but if they are being murdered in their homeland then I have no problem with them coming here. We have plenty of room, the problem is the government owns almost all of the open space and doesn't allow people to inhabit it.

staerker
07-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Ron Paul:

We are not quoting Ron Paul right now.

Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness [...] against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

Carlybee
07-17-2014, 01:57 PM
I don't support busing them around to concentration camps like they are or putting them on welfare.. but if they are being murdered in their homeland then I have no problem with them coming here. We have plenty of room, the problem is the government owns almost all of the open space and doesn't allow people to inhabit it.

Half of them are gang members who will be murdering over here. They are not all innocent children and the govt makes no distinction. We will be paying for that in the future...the gift that keeps on giving.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 02:04 PM
We are not quoting Ron Paul right now.

I'll all for you going to Mexico and wherever and taking care of whomever you want to. In fact, it would be fine with me if you brought them into your home and kept them on your own property at all times and paid their expenses all your own self.

But, get your hand out of my pocket.

staerker
07-17-2014, 02:14 PM
I'll all for you going to Mexico and wherever and taking care of whomever you want to. In fact, it would be fine with me if you brought them into your home and kept them on your own property at all times and paid their expenses all your own self.

Everyone is busy serving their own community, including myself.

You are wrong, and as a brother in Christ, I am simply rebuking you in your error with regard to policy. Simply stop advocating oppression, vs hospitality.

Fyi, I pay taxes too.

Thus says the Lord of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.” But they refused to pay attention and turned a stubborn shoulder and stopped their ears that they might not hear. They made their hearts diamond-hard lest they should hear the law and the words that the Lord of hosts had sent by his Spirit through the former prophets

LibertyEagle
07-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Everyone is busy serving their own community, including myself.

You are wrong, and as a brother in Christ, I am simply rebuking you in your error with regard to policy. Simply stop advocating oppression, vs hospitality.

Fyi, I pay taxes too.

Hhmm... the difference is that you want to make others pay for what you believe should be done. If you want to care for these people, send them your entire bank account. I would doubt your sanity, but would applaud you for walking your talk.

Again, keep your hand out of other peoples' pockets.

staerker
07-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Hhmm... the difference is that you want to make others pay for what you believe should be done. If you want to care for these people, send them your entire bank account. I would doubt your sanity, but would applaud you for walking your talk.

Again, keep your hand out of other peoples' pockets.

I am not advocating anyone pay for anything, unwillfully.

I have only quoted scripture.

I do not advocate for government intervention in any form.

Which is exactly what you are pushing for: deportation/prevention of movement. Now, that costs a lot of money.

edit: In conclusion, immigrants should be able to move wherever they please, and we are to treat them as natives. See above.
Well, we are to treat everyone as we would like to be treated, but sometimes God has to dumb things down for us, because of nationalism. See: Luke 10:29.

qh4dotcom
07-17-2014, 02:48 PM

Agreed....as a matter of fact I don't want that myself....nobody going into my pocket.

But what you forgot is that there are plenty of organizations willing and eager to care for the newly arrived immigrants who are not permitted to do so....churches, charities, etc. It's not like they have to become a burden on taxpayers. Family members already in the US are willing to care for them. There are thousands of Guatemalan children who have been adopted by Americans....and let's not forget all the employers who want to hire them.

johnwk
07-17-2014, 08:13 PM

They are visually checked which means the TB can be in the incubation stage and not be noticed. TB usually takes several months to years before developing noticeable symptoms. But there are cases within a few weeks of exposure a person may develop an infection to lungs but not produce any symptom. The only way of detecting an infection is a tuberculin skin test, but if the person being tested has just contracted the disease and antibodies have not yet developed in that person, the skin test will give a negative results.

You don't think there is an outbreak? Not only is New York City experiencing a rise in TB cases, but now we find out there is an outbreak in a Sacramento High School!

SEE: Four more students test positive for tuberculosis at Grant High (http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/01/6526952/sacramento-health-officials-say.html)
Jul. 1, 2014

Grant Union High School is in the midst of a tuberculosis outbreak, Sacramento County health officials said Tuesday.

After previously reporting only one case of active TB, officials said four more students have tested positive for the active disease, which attacks the lungs and can be fatal. Scientists consider three related tuberculosis cases an outbreak, said Sacramento County Public Health Officer Olivia Kasirye.

JWK

LibForestPaul
07-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Time to dissolve this sham of a Union and let the state of Texas start protecting its citizenry from invasion.

CaptainAmerica
07-17-2014, 08:39 PM

JWK

the united states did not have borders as we now do today, and the immigration history is a big mess of poop, go read about it all from 1600 to now. You probably will poop your pants out of dismay