PDA

View Full Version : AllahPundit on Rand Paul 2016

jct74
07-16-2014, 08:17 PM
I thought this was an interesting analysis, he/she likes Rand Paul most notably as someone who could reverse the trend on executive power grabs.

I admire [Jonathan Turley's] doggedness in pushing these points, but as he himself notes, he made this same argument when Bush was president and was ignored by Republicans. Now he’s making it at Obama’s expense and is ignored by Democrats. Odds of him being ignored by the president’s party come 2017: Upwards of 100 percent. Candidly, that’s one of the reasons I’m going to give Rand Paul a hard look in 2016. I worry about him — a lot — on foreign policy and I’m under no illusions that he’ll be better on amnesty than the rest of our pandering presidential field, but it’ll take someone who’s unusually committed to more “modest” executive power to reverse this trend. If we end up with President Rubio or President Walker or President Christie, most congressional Republicans will roll over. And if we end up with President Hillary, congressional Democrats will be ready to transition to monarchy. If you worry about executive power grabs like Turley does, not just because you hate Obama but because you fear what this accumulation of precedents will lead to, I think Paul has to be on your radar.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/16/jonathan-turley-to-congress-you-face-self-destruction-if-you-dont-rein-in-obama/

WD-NY
07-16-2014, 10:53 PM
That's definitely a very surprising comment by Allahpundit - imo, it was his soundbite headlines about Rand that caused so many readers at HotAir and other "Tea Party" blogs to turn against Rand.

Seriously, check out the headlines of all articles by Allahpundit about Rand that included the keywords "abortion" and "immigration" (https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahotair.com+%22Rand+Paul%22+allahpu ndit+abortion+immigration). If it wasn't for the fact that he's been taking our guy to the woodshed for the past 12 months, I'd say his headline writing performance to-date has been borderline virtuoso! lol

Hopefully Doug Stafford can convince him to ease off a bit. :cool: