PDA

View Full Version : MA Governor links southwest border crisis to Holocaust

Massachusetts
07-16-2014, 05:10 PM
“My inclination is to remember what happened when a ship full of Jewish children tried to come to the United States in 1939 and the United States turned them away, and many of them went to their deaths in Nazi concentration camps,” Patrick said when a reporter asked how he viewed the border crisis. “I think we are a bigger-hearted people than that as Americans, and certainly as residents of Massachusetts.”

Patrick said his immediate challenge was finding where in Massachusetts to house the children as the federal government, which he said would pay for the assistance, determines how to handle the nearly 60,000 children estimated to have migrated from Central America.

Source: hxxp://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/16/deval-patrick-links-southwest-border-crisis-holocaust/C30P9DSNubnqWICC0StYDI/story.html

Some additional information that puts some perspective into how bad this decision would be the Commonwealth:

The number of homeless families in Massachusetts seeking shelter in hotels and motels surged over the summer, jumping from 1,230 in April to 1,710 in August. Last week, the number hit an all-time high of 2,038, according to DHCD.

Source: hxxp://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/10/some_massachusetts_families_fo.html

Housing homeless familes in hotels is not just an issue in Massachusetts, it appears to be an issue across the country. It is even more of an issue in this state because we are the only "right to shelter" state in the country. Massachusetts is the example of what NOT to be.

So we are going to somehow find room to house illegal immigrants while our own homeless are shacking up in hotels? My. Goodness.

EDIT: And this comment is just absurd by Patrick - is this the type of rhetoric we're going to start seeing across the country? I think so.

phill4paul
07-16-2014, 05:12 PM
How many is he housing in his house at this time?

Massachusetts
07-16-2014, 05:18 PM
And here is an example of this "hotel" problem spreading to other parts of the country:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455849-Feds-Commit-50-Million-Dollars-To-Purchase-Resort-Hotel-for-OTM-Care

dannno
07-16-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't have any problem with them coming here, I just don't understand why we are busing them around to various Mexican concentration camps and/or putting them up in resorts.

AuH20
07-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Uncle Tom Governor. Man does the shoe fit!

HOLLYWOOD
07-16-2014, 05:30 PM
George Carlin, "There's 3 things politicians hide behind; The Flag, The Bible, and Children... No Child Left Behind, No Child Left Behind... a few minutes ago you where talking about giving kids a HEADSTART, LEFT BEHIND, HEADSTART... someone's loosing fuckin ground.

The biggest disgusting Americans of all, are these types of scumbag politicians... they use anything to accomplish their agenda.

Dr.3D
07-16-2014, 05:37 PM
So are they leaving all of the fema camps empty for now?