PDA

View Full Version : Revealed! Senate Republicans Paid For Lowly Miss. Attack Ads

AuH20
07-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Oh boy....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/16/senate-republicans-paid-mississippi-attack-ads-pai/

Advertisements by All Citizens for Mississippi, which attacked state Sen. Chris McDaniel and painted conservatives as racists, were partly funded by Sens. Mitch McConnell, John Cornyn, Rob Portman, Bob Corker and Roy Blunt, RedState reported.

According to documents filed with the Federal Election Commission, All Citizens for Mississippi received funding from a Haley Barbour-backed group called Mississippi Conservatives.

“Mississippi Conservatives, in turn, was funded in part by Sally Bradshaw of the RNC’s Growth and Opportunity Project, former RNC Chairman and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, the United States Chamber of Commerce, and the political action committees created for Senators Mitch McConnell ($50,000), John Cornyn ($50,000), Rob Portman ($25,000), Bob Corker ($25,000), and Roy Blunt ($5,000),” the report said.

William Tell
07-16-2014, 02:00 PM
We knew they were pieces of shit, but man... I hope this cooks their gooses.

pcosmar
07-16-2014, 02:06 PM
We knew they were pieces of shit, but man... I hope this cooks their gooses.

They will be rewarded by their master.

HOLLYWOOD
07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Roy Blunt has been a longtime stealth establishment NEOCON. Reminds me of another Thad Cochran

I knew he was part of the establishment GOP, when the GOP got their asses whipped "again" in the 2008 elections and the next week the SAME lifetime politicians of the inner GOP cabal(Blunt) went on a SECRET meeting to Mount Weather. Wolf Biltzer had to inform Ron Paul, live on the air. LOL

Brian4Liberty
07-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Revealed! Senate Republicans Paid For Lowly Miss. Attack Ads

This information came out some time back, but it seems to be making news today.

William Tell
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
This information came out some time back, but it seems to be making news today.

I had not seen Cornyn's name until this article.

MichaelDavis
07-16-2014, 04:00 PM
I will never vote for Roy Blunt in a Republican primary as long as there is at least one other name on the ballot.

Carlybee
07-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Why do liberty and tea party people stay in the same party as people trying to sabotage them? Why don't they split off?

TaftFan
07-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Portman, a speculative VP candidate.

William Tell
07-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Why do liberty and tea party people stay in the same party as people trying to sabotage them? Why don't they split off?

Because we sometimes win in the GOP, Liberty third parties never win State House or higher. Don't get me wrong, I will mostly vote 3rd Party in November.

Cleaner44
07-16-2014, 04:49 PM

Are you kidding? Screwing with neocons is one of my favorite pastimes. Why would you want to leave these people alone?

TheTyke
07-16-2014, 04:56 PM

Because that's exactly what the establishment is hoping for?

Carlybee
07-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Are you kidding? Screwing with neocons is one of my favorite pastimes. Why would you want to leave these people alone?

Because they stay in office forever and cheat in order to do so and nothing ever changes. I don't want to be aligned with people like that or people who I disagree with on policy issues. They aren't coming around.

Carlybee
07-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Because that's exactly what the establishment is hoping for?

They are the establishment.

limequat
07-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Is anybody surprised that these old farts in the senate are sticking together?
Imagine if somebody was trying to vote out the dude or gal you go to lunch with every Friday.
Mitch knows his time is coming and is trying to hold on a bit longer.

Matt Collins
07-16-2014, 10:13 PM
good old "Bailout Bob" Corker :rolleyes: :mad:

jmdrake
07-18-2014, 10:10 AM
good old "Bailout Bob" Corker :rolleyes: :mad:

Yeah. Too bad we can't tie Lamar Alexander into this as he is the one up for election this time. But we should get the word out.