PDA

View Full Version : How would you guys rank the Republicans.

quickmike
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Just wanted to see how everyone rates the Republicans from best to worst. For me, it was really hard to do since I dont like much about the rest of them except maybe on a few particular issues they agree with Ron on.

Heres my list:

1 Ron Paul (obviously)
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Fred Thompson
4 John McCain
5 Duncan Hunter
6 Mike Huckabee
7 Mitt Romney
8 Rudy, The Ghoul

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
1. Ron Paul

... is there anybody else running... I totally missed it

quickmike
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
1. Ron Paul

Yeah, I think theres a few other ones running too. Some guy that was a mayor that married his cousin and some guy that tied his dog to his car or something like that.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 08:35 PM
oh... quaint :)

Cowlesy
12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
1 Ron Paul (obviously)
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Fred Thompson
4 Duncan Hunter
5 John McCain
6 Rudy
7 Mitt Romney
8 Huckabee

noztnac
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a different take based on factoring in military service

1 Ron Paul Air Force Flight Surgeon and a true conservative/ Libertarian

All of the below have neoconservative views with regard to foreign policy

2 Duncan Hunter (Army Ranger)
3 John McCain (POW)
4 Huckabee did not serve (too young)
5 Fred Thompson did not serve (had kids)
6 Tom Tancredo did not serve (suffered from anxiety!!) Scared
7 Mitt Romney did not serve, went to France to convert the French to Mormonism
8 Rudy, The Ghoul did not serve, took a deferment to work in a law office hypocritically prosecuting draft dodgers

RPinSEAZ
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
1 Ron Paul
2 Fred Thompson
3 John McCain
4 Duncan Hunter
5 Mitt Romney
6 Tom Tancredo
7 Huckabee
8 Rudy

stewie3128
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
1. Paul
2. McCain
3(distant). Rudy
4. All the rest, doesn't matter.

quickmike
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
1 Ron Paul (obviously)
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Fred Thompson
4 Duncan Hunter
5 John McCain
6 Rudy
7 Mitt Romney
8 Huckabee

What the matter man? You dont like the guy with the muppet eyes who wants to give us all a 26% sales tax and keep up in Iraq for "honor", federally ban smoking and give free grants to illegal aliens?

LOL

JMO
12-01-2007, 08:43 PM
If Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination I am not sure what I will do.

I will consider Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson, and I am undecided about Mitt Romney but lately he has turned me off, his dodging the issues in this weeks debate is starting to remind me of Hilary. If Ron Paul loses the primary I might just sleep through the general election if its 2 candidates I don't like.

quickmike
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
If Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination I am not sure what I will do.

I will consider Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson, and I am undecided about Mitt Romney but lately he has turned me off, his dodging the issues in this weeks debate is starting to remind me of Hilary. If Ron Paul loses the primary I might just sleep through the general election if its 2 candidates I don't like.

Vote for an independant maybe?

We need to send a message that we are sick being served up the same old steaming pile of dog doo that they push on us every 4 years.

inibo
12-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I have a different take based on factoring in military service

1 Ron Paul Air Force Flight Surgeon and a true conservative/ Libertarian

All of the below have neoconservative views with regard to foreign policy

2 Duncan Hunter (Army Ranger)
3 John McCain (POW)
4 Huckabee did not serve (too young)
5 Fred Thompson did not serve (had kids)
6 Tom Tancredo did not serve (suffered from anxiety!!) Scared
7 Mitt Romney did not serve, went to France to convert the French to Mormonism
8 Rudy, The Ghoul did not serve, took a deferment to work in a law office hypocritically prosecuting draft dodgers

Interesting perspective. Thanks for provoking a thunk or two in my head bone.

nbhadja
12-01-2007, 08:46 PM
1 Ron Paul
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Fred Thompson
4 Duncan Hunter
5. Mitt Romney
6. John McCain
7. Rudy and Huckabee

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
1. Ron Paul

Many people are finally ready for real change.

http://www.1life1time.com/images/rp.jpg

Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)

justinc.1089
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
The only ones I will even consider are the ones I will rank here lol:

Ron Paul

(then waaaay down here lol....)

Tancredo
Huckabee

Maaaaaaybe Thompson

I wouldn't even vote for the rest, they're pathetic, and I have a feeling if I looked into Huckabee more I would feel the same way about him. I think Thompson is a decent person but he is just too lazy, greedy, and a push over for the powerful people in the Republican party like the Bushes.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
If I had to rate the republicans

1) ROn Paul
2) Fred Thompson

the rest I wouldn't touch

If I had to choose rank all the candidate I'd consider

1) Ron Paul
2) Any Libertarian or Constitutionalist candidate (with a few exceptions)
3) Bill Richardson

But I rather Write in Ron Paul than vote for 2 and 3, but if Ron paul never came into my life that's who'd I'd probably be looking at.

Delaware
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
1 Ron Paul
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Duncan Hunter
4 Fred Thompson
5 Mike Huckabee
6 Mitt Romney
7 John McCain
8 Rudy Guiliani

xerigen
12-01-2007, 08:54 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Kucinich
3. Fred Thompson
4. Stephen Colbert

other than that, I would consider myself a liberal and would vote for Kucinich most likely just for the fact that he doesn't seem corrupt. I don't mind Fred Thompson all that much, absolutely hate the rest. I would vote for Hillary 100x over before I voted for Rudy, Romney, or Huckabee, and I do not agree with one word that Hillary says.

quickmike
12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
The only ones I will even consider are the ones I will rank here lol:

Ron Paul

(then waaaay down here lol....)

Tancredo
Huckabee

Maaaaaaybe Thompson

I wouldn't even vote for the rest, they're pathetic, and I have a feeling if I looked into Huckabee more I would feel the same way about him. I think Thompson is a decent person but he is just too lazy, greedy, and a push over for the powerful people in the Republican party like the Bushes.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Thompson. Hes got some pretty good ideas for cutting spending, but in the end he would just fold under the pressure just like Bushy boy did. I think of all the rest, the only one I would actually vote for would be Tancredo.

Korey Kaczynski
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Tancredo
3. Thompson
4. Hunter
5. McCain
6. Romney
7. Giuliani
8. Huckabee

rory096
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Ron Paul
John McCain (Will cut government and pork considerably, though his foreign and social policies might not be quite as favorable)
Mitt Romney
Fred Thompson
Rudy (Another Bush)
Tom Tancredo (1-issue candidate)
Mike Huckabee ("My beliefs do not influence me, they define me" and not believing in evolution? No thanks.)
Duncan Hunter (mirror tariffs? Sounds a lot like the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot-Hawley_Tariff_Act) to me.)

ScotTX
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Accept no substitutes.

Korey Kaczynski
12-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Thompson is interesting because he's obviously neither intelligent nor near flawless like RP is, but the fact he's willing to play lip service to real conservatives gives some respect -- at least he's willing to embrace conservative ideas.

I wouldn't vote for him, but I don't think he's as scumbaggish as Romney, Huckster, or Giuliani; I think he might be somewhat well-meaning but lacks insight or depth.

Hunter I can respect for his pro-gun, anti-NAU views but after he said ron paul was a blame america firster i lost tons of respect. i wouldn't have voted for him prior to that incident though.

Huckabee I used to somewhat like but after he attacked ron paul, and then his liberalism came into light, i hated him. Then I noticed his obvious name dropping of religion and loathed him;he's worse than Giuliani because at least the Ghoul has more guts (or maybe brains) than Romney when it comes to flip flopping.

V-rod
12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't see how anyone could rank Romney over Huckabee. Mr. "Double Guantanmo" just exudes fakery from every pore.

Korey Kaczynski
12-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Don't see how anyone could rank Romney over Huckabee. Mr. "Double Guantanmo" just exudes fakery from every pore.

Because Huck is an actor who is very persuasive yet is a huge scumbag.

Delaware
12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Fred Thompson is a member of the CFR, so whatever conservative BS he spews will never happen when he becomes president.

majinkoola
1. Paul
2. Tancredo
3. Hunter
4. Thompson
5. Romney
6. Giuliani
7. McCain
8. Huckabee

Immigration is my #1 issue, being from AZ so that's why Tancredo and Hunter are #2 and #3.

Thompson and Romney would be Bush v.3 but I think that Giuliani, McCain, and Huckabee would be worse.

AlexMerced

Did you read the rolling sone article... Huckabee is very very evil

CoreyBowen999
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Hunter
3. Tancredo
4.Thompson
5.McCain
6. Huckabee
7. Romney
8. Giuliani

Korey Kaczynski
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Fred Thompson is a member of the CFR, so whatever conservative BS he spews will never happen when he becomes president.

Oh, yeah, but he's not evil like Huck or Giuliani, or Romney.

quickmike
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, yeah, but he's not evil like Huck or Giuliani, or Romney.

Rudy banned ferretts in NY. Personally, I dont care either way about ferretts and its not really that big of a deal, but if he would ban something as trivial as that, imagine what kind of BS he would do as president.

Rudy is a total authoritarian and scares me more than just about anyone besides Hillary.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
the CFR is just committee... It's like when you in group projects in COllege, your in the group, doesn't mean you want to be associated with the results.

koob
12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. John MaCain
3. Tom Tancredo
4. Mike Huckabee
5. Fred Thompson
6. Willard Mitt Romney
7. The Ghoul

I don't know anything about Duncan. . .

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Duncan seems angry and mean to me, like the words don't match up with the way he looks

amakris
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
1 Ron Paul
2 Mitt Romney
3 Tom Tancredo
4 John McCain
5 Fred Thompson
6 Mike Huckabee
7 Rudy

No clue: Duncan Hunter

The Plan
12-01-2007, 09:28 PM
I have no other choice but Ron Paul, i would have to write him in on the ballet if he didn't end up going till the end. To vote any other way would be like selling my soul.

I refuse to participate in anybody elses plan to destroy the constitution, i refuse to even consider it.

Both sides are equally clueless on the reality of the situation. We should all make a pledge to not allow him to lose. We should stick to this like McCain sticks to the war.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll be writing in paul in 2012 as well

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
My problem completing this list, are that most of these guys are either complete doofuses or authoritarians. I might have had McCain at #2 until that last CNN debate.

Huckabee and Tancredo have debated their differences with Paul on a less acrimonious level, I can respect that - but I don't find either of them to be appealing candidates.

Frankly without Paul at the top ... I think my vote will be third party, Dem, or no vote in the general election.

Bertrand
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Tom Tancredo
3. I'm not sure
4. Fred Thompson
5. Mitt Romney
6. Duncan Hunter

not worthy of my vote

7.Mike Huckabee
8 The Ghoul aka Benito

Midnight77
12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Tom Tancredo
3. Fred Thompson
4. Mike Huckabee
5. John McCain
6. Duncan Hunter
7. Rudy Giuliani
8. Mitt Romney

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 09:50 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Fred Thompson
3. Tom Tancredo
4. Duncan Hunter
5. Mitt Romney
6. Mike Huckabee
7. John McCain
8. Rudy Giuliani

None of the other Republicans really excite me though. On the Democratic party, no one excites me either (both because of positions and charisma). If it weren't for Ron Paul, I would be completely tuned off to this election.

mortepa
12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Paul is the only choice. I would write him in if I had to. However, these are my top four republicans running...

1. Ron Paul
***huge distance here, would not vote for them***
2. Mike Huckabee
3. Fred Thompson
4. John McCain

Kregener
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
1. Ron Paul
4. Tom Tancredo

The rest are all the same.

timmy616
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
1. Ron Paul
2.Tom Tancredo
3. Libertarian Party Candidate
4.Constitution Party Candidate
5. Dennis Kucinich
6.Freddy T.
1000. All the rest, cuz there all the same.
1001. The Huckster or Ghoul, They scare me!

derekjohnson
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Just wanted to see how everyone rates the Republicans from best to worst. For me, it was really hard to do since I dont like much about the rest of them except maybe on a few particular issues they agree with Ron on.

Heres my list:

1 Ron Paul (obviously)
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Fred Thompson
4 John McCain
5 Duncan Hunter
6 Mike Huckabee
7 Mitt Romney
8 Rudy, The Ghoul

RP and a distant 2nd Tancredo. After that, I couldn't vote for any of them. If Paul isn't on the ballot as Republican or 3rd party, I will most likely vote for the libertarian or constitution party candidate.

Corydoras
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't see any Republican that I could vote for other than Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan, and only one of them is running.

quickmike
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I don't see any Republican that I could vote for other than Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan, and only one of them is running.

I like Buchanan a lot too. The only thing I dont like about him is that he seems like a protectionist when it comes to trade with the rest of the world. I like Ron's ideas about having TRUE free trade unrestricted by the government in any way a lot better.

dircha
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I would vote for Hillary Clinton before I would vote for Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, or Mike Huckabee. But given those options I probably would not vote.

Nomination and election of one of these three Republican candidates would spell the end of the GOP as a legitimate political party having any viable claim to representation of the people of the constitutional republic of the Untied States of America.

Ron Paul Fan
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Ron Paul
3. Ron Paul
4. Ron Paul
5. Ron Paul
6. Ron Paul
7. Ron Paul
8. Ron Paul

RonPaulwillWin
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
1 Ron Paul
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Fred Thompson
4 John McCain
5 Duncan Hunter
6 Huckabee
7 Mitt Romney
8 Rudy

Mr. Coolidge
12-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Thompson and Romney would be Bush v.3 but I think that Giuliani, McCain, and Huckabee would be worse.
Yup, that's exactly how I see it. With that in mind, I'll put the candidates into a "tier" system just for kicks...

1st tier:
Paul

2nd tier:
Tancredo
Hunter
(I don't know much about them, but that's better than what follows...)

3rd tier:
Thompson
Romney
(These guys stand for nothing and would get walked over & used by people with stronger ambitions. So it would probably look like a repeat of this administration.)

4th tier:
Huckabee
McCain

"Seriously?" tier:
Giuliani

braeden0613
12-02-2007, 12:32 AM
1. Ron Paul

500. Duncan Hunter
501. Tancedo
502-506--all equally terrible

Mental Dribble
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Mitt Romney is a complete flip flopper on so many issues its not funny....

Fred never wanted to run and just got caught up in the whirlwind of MSM generated buzz. He has clearly not done his homework and is not serious.

Bottom line is ALL of these reps want to continue on the same path in foreign policy and if ron does not get the nomination chances are I will be writing him in or not voting for anyone.

atthegates
12-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Ron Paul is the only candidate I would vote for. Period.

Eric23
12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
1 Gee... I wonder...
2 Huckabee
3 Tancredo
4 Thompson
5 Hunter
6 McCain
7 Mitt Romney
8 Rudy

mathamagician
12-02-2007, 01:20 AM
1. Ron Paul

2. Mitt Romney (brilliant business man seems competent and listens to multiple points of views which means if he screws up maybe he'll admit it and change directions instead of the endless 'stay the course' of GWB)

3.Guliani (Seems intelligent and has been successful but mainly don't like because he is a war hawk authoritarian freedom stealer may look for more wars)

4.McCain (like Guliani but not as sucessful)

5.Thompson (seems to have respect for states rights but is an actor who has not really accomplished anything and I'd worry that he'd be as incompetent as GWB)

6.Huckabee (he is a direct threat to limited government and separation of powers, for example favors an obviously unconstitutional countrywide ban on smoking, plus he loves welfare programs and raising taxes. He's a liberal who like Jesus.)

tremendoustie
12-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Ranking's cool, but I really encourage people to vote third party or write in Ron Paul like I will, if he doesn't win the nomination. We need to send a message to the powers that be that we're sick of the status quo, and we won't take it any more. It will show that there is a large block of voters who will only support a candidate who upholds the constitution and fights for freedom. No more of the same swill for me. "Lesser of two evils" is how they've gotten away with giving us garbage for way too long.

Forefall
12-02-2007, 01:33 AM
1. Ron Paul
2. ... Have you HEARD the other candidates talk? War mongering, hate-filled right wing nuts that have nothing better to do than preach 'God against gays' and 'terrorist blah 9/11 blah al KAYDA (LEARN TO PRONOUNCE)'

brandon13830
12-02-2007, 01:38 AM
1: Ron Paul

2-8: Pick and choose, it doesn't really matter.

MGreen
12-02-2007, 01:45 AM
If I have to...

1) Ron Paul
2) Tom Tancredo
3) Fred Thompson
4) Mitt Romney
5) Mike Huckabee
6) John McCain
7) Duncan Hunter
8) Rudy Giuliani

I will not vote for Giuliani under any circumstances. The Democrats could nominate Lucifer himself and I wouldn't go out to vote for Giuliani. The man is just so overtly scary.

bbachtung
12-02-2007, 01:49 AM
If RP doesn't win the nomination, pray that Hillary gets the Democrat nomination and work to get her elected because at least then the Republicans would have spines and oppose the crap that she (and Giuliani and Huckabee and most of the Republican field) advocates: endless war, endless spending, and no liberty.

tonyr1988
12-02-2007, 02:09 AM
I'd have to go with

1 Ron Paul
2 Tom Tancredo (principled, willing to make budget sacrifices, not too bad)
......huge gap.....
3 Fred Thompson (maybe....I don't really know anything about his policies....does anyone?)
4 John McCain (he may really make some changes to our tax code, or something....)
5 Mike Huckabee (he lost a bunch of weight, and can play bass. :D)
6 Duncan Hunter (Military Commissions Act)
7 Rudy Giuliani (Little Known Rudy Fact: Did you know that he was mayor of NYC during 9/11!!! That's pretty awesome.)
8 Mitt Romney (I used to hate Giuliani more, but the more I see Romney, the more I doubt myself)

dircha
12-02-2007, 02:16 AM
If RP doesn't win the nomination, pray that Hillary gets the Democrat nomination and work to get her elected because at least then the Republicans would have spines and oppose the crap that she (and Giuliani and Huckabee and most of the Republican field) advocates: endless war, endless spending, and no liberty.

I was watching an interview of James Dobson by Sean Hannity and Dobson was saying that he would rather see Hillary Clinton win and oppose her, than nominate a Republican who had compromised our conservative principles.

He felt that nominating and ultimately electing a candidate like Giuliani would destroy the Republican party.

I agree.

I see Dobson as coming out and supporting someone like the Constitution party nominee on principal.

adpierce
12-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Top 8 Republicans

1. Ron Paul
2. Mike Huckabee
3. Tom Tancredo
4. Fred Thompson
5. Duncan Hunter
6. John McCain
7. Rudy Giuliani
8. Mitt Romney

Top 8 Overall

1. Ron Paul
2. Obama (I know he's an evil socialist... but he's not an idiot and kind of on the right track on foreign policy)
3. Huckabee
4. Tancredo
5. Gravel (Only democrat who somewhat seems to understand free market economics... and he's on the right track on foreign policy... if only he was against universal healthcare)
6. Thompson
7. McCain
8. Hunter

Train
12-02-2007, 02:26 AM
1. Ron Paul.
2. Dennis Kucinich

Dr Paul is the only republican left in the republican party. Giuliani and Huckabee honestly scare me (quite literally) as to the damage they would cause if they were to win.

Micahyah
12-02-2007, 02:28 AM
1 Ron Paul (obviously)
2 McCain
3 Fred Thompson
4 Huckabee
5 Romney
6 Hunter
7 Tom Tancredo
8 Giuliani

adpierce
12-02-2007, 02:28 AM
I was watching an interview of James Dobson by Sean Hannity and Dobson was saying that he would rather see Hillary Clinton win and oppose her, than nominate a Republican who had compromised our conservative principles.

He felt that nominating and ultimately electing a candidate like Giuliani would destroy the Republican party.

I agree.

I see Dobson as coming out and supporting someone like the Constitution party nominee on principal.

He hinted at maybe supporting ol' Huckabee on that broadcast. I know it kind of turns my stomach that he seems to be totally overlooking Dr. Paul, but an endorsement of Huckabee from Dobson isn't totally unforseen. I bet he's just waiting for Huckabee to win Iowa (which he probably will) before he puts an official endorsement forward.

tremendoustie
12-02-2007, 02:50 AM

No offense, but I'm done with all the calculating crap, and I'm certainly not going to work to put a socialist into office. From now on, I'm only voting for candidates I believe in, and this time, that means Ron Paul, whether he's on the ticket or not. Or, vote for the libertarian or constitution party if you believe in who they nominate. Vote for your good friend Herbert if you think he's the best person for the job. By all means, vote for Hillary if socialism and continued war is what you believe in (it seems you do not, and I'm not sure why you'd be here if you did), but please, PLEASE, do not vote for someone based on political calculation. It never really works out as planned, and our country just continues to circle the drain, while everyone concludes the scumbag we all compromised on is what the the people really want. If we can even a decent number of people to grow a spine and vote for who they believe in, other people will take notice, and change will come.

You have a spine or you would not be here :). Let's all do what's right, screw the consequences. Ironically, doing the right thing tends to produce the best consequences in the end ...

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
John Quincy Adams

chrismatthews
12-02-2007, 04:03 AM
1)Ron Paul
2) Expatriation

My Alec Baldwin moment here.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-02-2007, 04:13 AM
If Ron Paul doesn't win.....

we get candidates from every state to run for the Senate or House in the next election. Make it impossible for the next president to do anything.

tsetsefly
12-02-2007, 10:04 AM
1. Ron Paul
IF Ron Paul does not get nominated I wont vote unless huckabee is nominee, then Ii would vote democrat.

but here goes the ranking.
2. tancredo
3. thompson
4.giuliani
5.romney
6.mcain
7. hunter
8. any democrat over the huckster....

kotetu
12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
1 Ron Paul (obviously)
22 Tom Tancredo
23 Fred Thompson
24 John McCain
25 Duncan Hunter
326 Mike Huckabee
1027 Mitt Romney
350,000,008 Rudy, The Ghoul

beobeli
12-02-2007, 10:22 AM
1) Ron Paul
2) None

Just think about it! What do other candidates have to offer to the country? Nothing but accelerated downward slope, in my opinion. They have no knowledge, no plan, no courage to stand up to the status quo. (And this also holds for the Democratic candidates too.)

constitutional
12-02-2007, 10:25 AM
1) Ron Paul
2) :(

Convert
12-02-2007, 10:29 AM
#1 Ron Paul
#2 Thompson

#999 Everyone Else

DrNoZone
12-02-2007, 10:45 AM
1. Ron Paul
2. Would never vote for any of the other big government, statist, big spending, over taxing, war mongers running. Unless of course Ron Paul was on their ticket as VP, and then I'd certainly consider it.

Larofeticus
12-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Has anyone ever seen the movie "An Unreasonable Man"? It's a documentary about Ralph Nader, and there was a part of it that made a big impression on me.

They interviewd some of Nader's supporters. Completely and to the core liberal and socialist and bush/republicans are evil antichrist incarnate.

Then the movie pointed out, that the Democratic Party had absolutely no incentive to listen to them or their desire for policy changes or candidates. No matter what the Democrats chose or did they would still get these activist people's votes 100%, as they would always be better in their mind than the republican.

This has strongly impacted my list:
1. Ron Paul
2. Any Democrat no matter how horrible they are
3. Any Republican who is not Ron Paul

In this way the message I'd like to send to the repubublican party is very clear. Either give me what I want or I'll work to see that you lose. Besides, if Ron Paul doesn't win it only goes to show that America has further to fall before hitting rock bottom and snapping out of this trance, and my vote for a democrat would help get us to this turning point sooner.

RevolutionSD
12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
1. Ron Paul
2. Whoever the libertarian candidate is
3. Mike Gravel
4. Dennis Kucinich

Sorry, can't stand any of the other republicans issue-wise or otherwise. Tancredo seems the most "real" of any of the rest but I strongly disagree with his warmongering.

curtisag
12-02-2007, 11:20 AM
1. Ron Paul
2. Buchanan
3. The JUDGE Andrew Napolitano

BigSteve
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
1.Ron Paul
2. Tom Tancredo
3.Duncan Hunter
4.Fred Thompson
The rest aren't even worth ranking due to their flip flopping of the illegal immigration issue

rodent
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
1) Ron Paul
2) Fred Thompson
3) Tom Tancredo
4) Duncan Hunter
5) Mike Huckabee
6) John McCain
7) Rudy Giuliani
8) Mitt Romney

FreedomLover
12-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Thompson, Hunter, and Tancredo are the only other options.

I can't bring myself to support Rudy McRombee.

12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Ron Paul is the only Republican running.

The rest of the GOPs are Neo-Con democrats. People in America who talk about "our democracy" are democrats.

Take advantage of a first in a lifetime opportunity to vote NO to both sides of the "party" and gain a more than compatible candidate in the bargain.

"Gov't does more harm than good, and causes more trouble than it's worth"

"The sooner national political gov'ts are abolished the better off all will be"

thehighwaymanq
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
1) Ron Paul
2) Huckabee
3) Tancdredo
4) Hunter
5) Thompson
6) Mccain
7)Mitt
8) Rudy

bgoldwater
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
1)Paul
2)Thompson
3)McCain
4)Rudy
5)Romney
6)Tancredo
7)Hunter
8)Huckabee (Complete opposite of Paul, fiscal liberal, social conservative, pro big government managing your lives)

Thompson, and McCain are the only other republicans that I would vote for.

Mark37snj
12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Heres my list:

1 Ron Paul (obviously)
2 Tom Tancredo
3 Duncan Hunter
4 Mitt Romney
5 Fred Thompson
6 Mike Huckabee
7 John McCain
8 Drag Queen Rudy, The Ghoul :rolleyes:

Kregener
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
These rankings are very revealing in that they show many how are only "toying" with liberty and freedom, that these two necessities do not mean that much to some.

If ANY person other than Ron Paul is our next president, you will get more of the same socialism and erosion of freedoms as the past 80+ years.

Period.

Karrl
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Interesting how many people have Thompson in the top three choices. Maybe more interesting is that Tancredo is in front of him. Here is Tancredo on Civil Liberties. He isnt on my list!

Position Summary

One word pretty much sums up Tancredo's view of the outside world: Fear. We should fear it, and it should fear us.
On interrogation techniques, for example, he says, "You better respond in a way that makes them fearful of you." He ties his crusade against illegal immigrants to the terrorist threat, which he sees as driven by a clash of civilizations (us against them). The next terrorist attacker will likely come on a commercial airliner with a student visa, he says, or "he simply may walk across our porous � border carrying a device in his backpack." There is no room for respect for individual liberties in the midst of such fear. That is truly fearsome.

1. Ron Paul and no one else.

IF I MUST choose someone else, another republican, like I said, no one else....Giuliani....the worst.

I would have to vote for a democrat. I know it wouldnt be Hillary. I've heard a few things from Joe Biden that I like.

Ron Paul Fan
12-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I won't vote for anybody else next year except Ron Paul. Not Tancredo, not Thompson, not Hillary, not Biden, not anyone. Biden voted to give President Bush the authority to invade Iraq for no good reason and he voted for the Patriot Act. I don't really trust his judgement when he votes for those horrendous things. Ron Paul is the only one I like and trust and that's why I ranked him as my top 8 Republicans. I hope I didn't leave anybody out. If I had to vote for a Democrat, I wouldn't.

Bluedevil
12-02-2007, 02:20 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Fred Thompson
3. Mitt Romney
4. Tom Tancredo
5. Duncan Hunter
6. Mike Huckabee
7. John McCain
8. Rudy

mconder
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
There was an article awhile back that said if Ron Paul dropped from the race that his support is non-transferable. I don't believe any Ron Paul supporter could in good conscience support any of them. In fact, the worse the person is that ends up in office, the better it will be for the Revolution in 2012.

mconder
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Here's my ratings, ordered by honesty rather than policy:

1) Ron Paul
2) Tom Tancredo
3) Duncan Hunter
4) Mike Huckabee
5) Fred Thompson
6) John McCain
7) Rudy Giuliani
8) Mitt Romney

Wow, RP still ends up on top.

shortna
12-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Ron Paul will be a write in candidate for me if he is not the Republican's choice and he is not independent.

FreeTraveler
12-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Ron Paul ranks number one...

The rest of the Republicrats are just rank. I'll vote Libertarian again if he doesn't run.