PDA

View Full Version : Arrested for carving watermelon "aggressively"

tod evans
07-15-2014, 10:37 AM
From Drudge;

Thomaston Man Arrested After Stabbing Watermelon: Cops

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Thomaston-Man-Arrested-After-Stabbing-Watermelon-Cops-267183461.html

A 49-year-old Connecticut man has been charged with threatening after his wife told police he stabbed and carved a watermelon in a passive-aggressive manner.

Thomaston Police Chief Jim Campbell said Carmine Cervellino’s wife originally went to police on July 4 to report finding marijuana and drugs in a toolbox at the house. The toolbox was not there when police responded and no charges were filed.

When the woman later returned home, she found a watermelon on the counter with a butcher's knife in it, police said.

She told police that Cervellino came in soon after and carved the watermelon in a passive-aggressive manner, Campbell said.

The Register Citizen of Torrington, which originally reported the story, said the woman took a photo of the toolbox and the knife and showed them to police.

Cervellino was arrested on July 12 and charged with threatening and disorderly conduct, according to online court records. It is not clear if he has an attorney.

The couple is in the process of going through a divorce, according to police.

No one answered a phone call from the Associated Press on Tuesday morning to the Cervellino home seeking comment.

NBC Connecticut also called a phone number listed for Cervellino and no one answered.

acptulsa
07-15-2014, 10:49 AM
So, disorderly conduct applies to your own kitchen in Connecticut? And threatening fruit is a crime?

You know what we need? We need to have the ability to get a change of venue when suing City Hall. Oklahoma juries would dearly love to spend a few days laughing at wimpy damnyankee cops for the hokey ways they try to protect their dirty stool pigeons prior to awarding their victims millions and millions of dollars.

pcosmar
07-15-2014, 11:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di_Ck1nrx1g

oyarde
07-15-2014, 11:09 AM
If the Mrs is not home , I take melons outside and whack them up with one of my cleavers or machetes because it is so much faster and no mess .

tod evans
07-15-2014, 11:10 AM
If the Mrs is not home , I take melons outside and whack them up with one of my cleavers or machetes because it is so much faster and no mess .

Compliance drone dispatched.....

acptulsa
07-15-2014, 11:18 AM

Oh! The humanity! Er, I mean the fruitanity!

Dr.3D
07-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I've seen people shoot watermelons with a shotgun. It's a wonder those people weren't arrested for shooting a melon aggressively.

HOLLYWOOD
07-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Man, an observational comic today can have a field day with all the government bullshit inflicted upon society/people.

AND... he wouldn't need to pay writers to come up with material, the biggest disgusting jokes in America are created by government.

green73
07-15-2014, 11:32 AM
What a wonderful woman...

tod evans
07-15-2014, 11:33 AM
What a wonderful woman...

She'll get the kids, the house and 60% of his gross pay too............

CPUd
07-15-2014, 11:34 AM
"He got weed! He got weed!"

phill4paul
07-15-2014, 11:52 AM
So now it is not only against the law to be aggressive it is against the law to do it passively. Sounds about right. SMDH.

Zippyjuan
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Gallagher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbKayY6eD9k

Root
07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
So now it is not only against the law to be aggressive it is against the law to do it passively. Sounds about right. SMDH.
OMG, spot on.

Wow, just wow.

jkr
07-15-2014, 12:37 PM
how is it "law" if they just make shit up as they go?

acptulsa
07-15-2014, 12:57 PM
how is it "law" if they just make shit up as they go?

Silly mundane. They do not 'make shit up as they go.' :rolleyes:

I'm have you know city councils, county commissions, and state and federal legislatures work very hard every week day six months out of the year through much of banking hours carefully crafting infuriatingly vague laws affecting every aspect of human endeavor, and have been doing so for a couple of hundred years, just to ensure that when these beknighted minions beat you and throw you in a cage for having a bad attitude it has the smell of legitimacy. All they have to do is go down the mile-long list of contradictory statutes until they find something that, perhaps with a bit of tweaking here and there, can be made to fit.

Why do you question this finely honed system, mundane? Do you not feel safer already?

aGameOfThrones
07-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Fuck! She's been trying to get him arrested on anything and not one single hero used the brain they got to see that she's being a bitch?

Dr.3D
07-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Fuck! She's been trying to get him arrested on anything and not one single hero used the brain they got to see that she's being a bitch?

Well, they think it's their job to get him arrested too.

Ronin Truth
07-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Maybe we can now get an addendum clause covering watermelons added to the NAP.

satchelmcqueen
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
if she would have been he aggressor toward the melon, i doubt she would have got arrested. when i read the word divorce, i know whats up. u dig?

phill4paul
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
if she would have been he aggressor toward the melon, i doubt she would have got arrested. when i read the word divorce, i know whats up. u dig?

Like a backhoe.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-15-2014, 08:22 PM
what a crazy bitch I'd burn the house down before she got it

Philhelm
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
She'll get the kids, the house and 60% of his gross pay too............

Sounds like he should have stabbed her and let the poor watermelon live.

Philhelm
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
what a crazy bitch I'd burn the house down before she got it

Nah. I'd let her have the house, but every night I would slide one brown recluse spider under the door.