PDA

View Full Version : Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney Is Going To Run In 2016, And He's Going To Win

RonPaulFanInGA
07-14-2014, 08:01 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/jason-chaffetz-mitt-romney-2016-2014-7

At least one prominent Republican lawmaker thinks two-time Republican presidential candidate and 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney will run again in 2016.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) told MSNBC's Chris Matthews that he thinks the "Draft Mitt" hype is real.

"I think he actually is going to run for president. He probably doesn't want me to say that," Chaffetz said during an interview on "Hardball" Monday night.

"A hundred times he says he's not, but Mitt Romney has always accomplished what he's set out to do. I think he's [been] proven right on a lot of stuff. I happen to be in the camp that thinks he's actually going to run, and I think he will be the next president of the United States."

Kotin
07-14-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't even know what to say to that.. What a mindfuck.

GunnyFreedom
07-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Chaffetz just lost what little respect of mine he still had.

CPUd
07-14-2014, 09:05 PM
They are speculating behind the WMUR poll results last week. It is because they literally have no one else to support.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455501-New-Hampshire-(WMUR)-Christie-19-Paul-14-Bush-11-Rubio-8-Cruz-5

William Tell
07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Chaffetz just lost what little respect of mine he still had.

Yeah but forget that, do you think he is right about Mitt running to lose for the 3rd time?
Mitt Romney, the Quixotic moderate:eek:

georgiaboy
07-14-2014, 09:17 PM
funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Kords21
07-14-2014, 09:17 PM
What a gadfly

Kotin
07-14-2014, 09:32 PM
So this basically just means: "we have no answer to Rand Paul at this time"

angelatc
07-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Reagan didn't win until his third run. <ducks>

William Tell
07-14-2014, 09:38 PM

Are you sure? When is the first time he ran?

devil21
07-14-2014, 09:38 PM

Yeah but Reagan didn't lose as the party's nominee and particularly not in a very winnable election year like Romney did.

francisco
07-14-2014, 09:53 PM
I don't even know what to say to that.. What a mindfuck.

Agreed. The headline of this thread is a very depressing thought. But, on reflection, the idea of Romney running again and then actually getting elected, is delusional. So I'm breathing easier now.

VIDEODROME
07-14-2014, 09:55 PM
So this basically just means: "we have no answer to Rand Paul at this time"

Or to Hillary?

CPUd
07-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Agreed. The headline of this thread is a very depressing thought. But, on reflection, the idea of Romney running again and then actually getting elected, is delusional. So I'm breathing easier now.

Even if Mitt wanted to, I don't think he could get his wife to go for it. I could see one of his sons running in about 20 years.

Cleaner44
07-14-2014, 10:06 PM
"A hundred times he says he's not, but Mitt Romney has always accomplished what he's set out to do. I think he's [been] proven right on a lot of stuff. I happen to be in the camp that thinks he's actually going to run, and I think he will be the next president of the United States."

Romney has failed 2 of 2 runs for President.

If his goal was to take 3 sides on every issue, has have achieved that goal. Mitt Romney will never be President of the United States.

Mitt won't run in 2016. Mitt probably knows that Rand will be a much better candidate and I would bet that Mitt even is a closet supporter of Rand.

CPUd
07-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Romney has failed 2 of 2 runs for President.

If his goal was to take 3 sides on every issue, has have achieved that goal. Mitt Romney will never be President of the United States.

Mitt won't run in 2016. Mitt probably knows that Rand will be a much better candidate and I would bet that Mitt even is a closet supporter of Rand.

Yeah, I think he likes Rand.

ravedown
07-14-2014, 10:15 PM
is he willing to put money on that? odds? ill take some of it.

jkr
07-14-2014, 10:31 PM
NO
ONE
BUT
PAUL
!!!

dude58677
07-14-2014, 10:47 PM
He wouldn't run against his friend Paul Ryan and the guy that he invited to his RNC Convention.

HOLLYWOOD
07-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Obama and the Marxist-Leninists have screwed-up this country so badly, anyone on the GOP side can win... well, sorta of, if they sway the 10% Libertarians/Constitutionalists/Independents/Conservatives... Ain't gonna happen with Mr. Wall St crony/draft dodging/mega millioniare/real estate owner/establishment bitch/off shore accounts/ media ripped apart... well you get the idea... without all political affiliations MITT WILL NOT WIN.

Matt Collins
07-15-2014, 10:11 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Dr.3D
07-15-2014, 10:23 AM
If Mitt is the nominee, I'll start to wonder why the Republicans like to lose to the Democrats.

HOLLYWOOD
07-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Jason Chaffetz is bi-polar schizophrenic chameleon?

Born in Los Gatos, California

Political party: Democrat 1985-1990, then after moving to GOP Utah, Chaffetz became a Republican

While a student at BYU, he was a Utah co-chairman for Michael Dukakis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Dukakis)'s 1988 campaign for U.S. President (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_United_States_presidential_election).

Chaffetz converts from Judaism to Mormonism in 1990

2004, Chaffetz was the campaign manager for Utah gubernatorial candidate Jon Huntsman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.). Appointed chief of staff by governor 'China Jon' Huntsman.

Chaffetz was appointed by Governor Huntsman as a President and Trustee for Utah Valley University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Valley_University).
Member of the Highland City Planning Commission
Chairman for the Utah National Guard Adjutant General Review.

Guy reads like a Ouija board... another crony chameleon, groomed by the establishment... a little different route than Manchurian Candidate Marco Rubio. Well, color me surprised in politics once again. :rolleyes:

Mr.NoSmile
07-15-2014, 11:41 AM
He would have the name recognition, backing, money especially, ground support and friends in the RNC ever since the rules change, and much more. Hopefully he doesn't, but hey, he may think 'I got far last time, I can do it again.' The things like the 47 percent video and talking about Obama's birth certificate don't just go away, though.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Personally, I think this just shows how Mormons stick together. Not sure how Romney would do in the Republican primary if he ran again in 2016, but I bet he'd win Utah, and possibly Idaho and Nevada.

nobody's_hero
07-15-2014, 02:06 PM
If I have to watch another convention go down like the last one Romney was involved in, where the name Ron Paul was not allowed to be uttered, I'll never vote for another GOP candidate again and I don't care who they are.

Dr.3D
07-15-2014, 02:09 PM
If I have to watch another convention go down like the last one Romney was involved in, where the name Ron Paul was not allowed to be uttered, I'll never vote for another GOP candidate again and I don't care who they are.
So you won't vote for Rand?

Brian4Liberty
07-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Jason Chaffetz is bi-polar schizophrenic chameleon?

Born in Los Gatos, California

Political party: Democrat 1985-1990, then after moving to GOP Utah, Chaffetz became a Republican

While a student at BYU, he was a Utah co-chairman for Michael Dukakis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Dukakis)'s 1988 campaign for U.S. President (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_United_States_presidential_election).

Chaffetz converts from Judaism to Mormonism in 1990

2004, Chaffetz was the campaign manager for Utah gubernatorial candidate Jon Huntsman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.). Appointed chief of staff by governor 'China Jon' Huntsman.

Chaffetz was appointed by Governor Huntsman as a President and Trustee for Utah Valley University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Valley_University).
Member of the Highland City Planning Commission
Chairman for the Utah National Guard Adjutant General Review.

Guy reads like a Ouija board... another crony chameleon, groomed by the establishment... a little different route than Manchurian Candidate Marco Rubio. Well, color me surprised in politics once again. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think this just shows how Mormons stick together. Not sure how Romney would do in the Republican primary if he ran again in 2016, but I bet he'd win Utah, and possibly Idaho and Nevada.

It's the Mormon/Adelson alliance at work. Chaffetz sponsored gambling legislation to benefit Adelson.

KingNothing
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I think he likes Rand.

How could anyone not like Rand? He's principled, but he's so intelligent, tactful, and skilled as a politician that he's able to be pragmatic and politically opportunistic without selling out his beliefs. I say this without a hint of hyperbole - I've never seen a better politician than Rand Paul.

ZENemy
07-15-2014, 03:04 PM

You say the word vote....like it matters. :D

Politics More: Oligarchs United States of America The Telegraph
Major Study Finds The US Is An Oligarchy
The Telegraph

Zachary Davies Boren, The Telegraph

Apr. 16, 2014, 8:16 AM

ronald reagan gerald ford george hw bush

AP

The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern universities has concluded.

The report, "Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens" (PDF), used extensive policy data collected between 1981 and 2002 to empirically determine the state of the U.S. political system.

After sifting through nearly 1,800 U.S. policies enacted in that period and comparing them to the expressed preferences of average Americans (50th percentile of income), affluent Americans (90th percentile), and large special interests groups, researchers concluded that the U.S. is dominated by its economic elite.

The peer-reviewed study, which will be taught at these universities in September, says: "The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

http://www.businessinsider.com/major-study-finds-that-the-us-is-an-oligarchy-2014-4

HOLLYWOOD
07-15-2014, 03:36 PM
AP

The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern universities has concluded.

The report, "Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens" (PDF), used extensive policy data collected between 1981 and 2002 to empirically determine the state of the U.S. political system.I have noticed, AFTER ACTIVISM CAUGHT the US government again... The US State Department has started changing the text on some of their embassy websites. Previously read as;

In the best interest of; "The U.S. Government" not "The United States of America" nor "The American People" nor "The American Taxpayers".

It's always about the 'Totalitarian Unrepresented Government' coming first and foremost at the expense of the people

Dr.3D
07-15-2014, 03:41 PM
You say the word vote....like it matters. :D

http://www.businessinsider.com/major-study-finds-that-the-us-is-an-oligarchy-2014-4
So what are we doing here?

dannno
07-15-2014, 03:42 PM
He must have missed MITT the original netflix documentary:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435956-MITT-Official-Trailer-A-Netflix-original-documentary

Mitt Romney admits before the election that his characterizations by the media made his run pretty much impossible and knew he was going to lose.

parocks
07-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Are you sure? When is the first time he ran?

bunklocoempire
07-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Romney or a 'D' win. No matter for TPTB.

Dianne
07-15-2014, 07:53 PM
LOL at Mitt Romney ... Apparently that guy wants a "shoe in" for Hillary ... lmao ... Mitt Romney??? What a joke. Why don't we pull out Strom Thurmand instead. I know he's dead, but so is Mitt Romney; so what's the difference?

56ktarget
07-15-2014, 10:32 PM
He has a point. There is no way in hell Romney can win the primary again but I definitely think he is throwing his hat into the ring again. Otherwise whats the point of all those TV appearances?

nobody's_hero
07-16-2014, 01:03 AM

I'll vote for the teleprompter. It clearly has all the answers.

But to answer your question, if Rand befalls the same fate as Ron, where they won't even mention his name, then yeah, the GOP is dead to me. Even the Nazi party would probably call out the names of competitors in a convention, although they'd probably have them executed afterwards. Still, there'd be at least some recognition that they exist, right? The GOP didn't even give Ron that much. It was disgusting.

GunnyFreedom
07-16-2014, 07:13 AM
I'll vote for the teleprompter. It clearly has all the answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVKe1Ff18Es (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVKe1Ff18Es)

But to answer your question, if Rand befalls the same fate as Ron, where they won't even mention his name, then yeah, the GOP is dead to me. Even the Nazi party would probably call out the names of competitors in a convention, although they'd probably have them executed afterwards. Still, there'd be at least some recognition that they exist, right? The GOP didn't even give Ron that much. It was disgusting.

I don't think Rand will get the same over-the-top treatment as Ron, because he carries too much of a following among traditional Republicans and the PTB aren't ready for another grassroots revolt now. Probably to a significantly lesser extent, and it will be easier then for us to make the propaganda look foolish. Rather than get angry (as if the propaganda "hits home") keep the propaganda in a state of polite derision and it will become a minefield for them: step it up and hemorrhage their base. Stop doing it and appear to acknowledge they were wrong, encouraging Rand's base and granting him credibility in the electorate.

The neocon progressives have always been faithful to their long term plans, so it's actually possible they will "support" Rand in 2016 just to avoid shedding credibility and support in the electorate for 2020 etc. We can wedge the neocon progressives between a rock and a hard place and contain them there while Rand marches on to the Nomination.

They WILL try the same kind of dirty tricks they used against Ron, but to a significantly lesser degree since so much of the GOP Base likes Rand they have to avoid cutting their own throat. With the volume and depth of the propaganda more manageable, we the base can affect a response of derision instead of anger or annoyance. This puts the neocon progressives in a place where they can neither advance nor retreat without doing real damage to themselves, and they being stuck in one spot will be 100-fold easier to defeat.

Intoxiklown
07-16-2014, 09:39 AM
I literally felt myself develop brain cancer after reading the title....

Mr.NoSmile
07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
How could anyone not like Rand? He's principled, but he's so intelligent, tactful, and skilled as a politician that he's able to be pragmatic and politically opportunistic without selling out his beliefs. I say this without a hint of hyperbole - I've never seen a better politician than Rand Paul.

But that's coming from the perspective who knows his rhetoric and such. The average Democrat or voter who isn't politically active could take one look at Paul and just call him another Republican.

GunnyFreedom
07-16-2014, 07:36 PM
If Mitt Romney is the answer, then how dumb was the question?