PDA

View Full Version : NSA Whistleblower Binney: NSA Recording 80% of U.S. Phone Calls

Constitutional Paulicy
07-13-2014, 08:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=590cy1biewc

NSA Whistleblower Binney: NSA Recording 80% of U.S. Phone Calls
Written by Thomas R. Eddlem
Sunday, 13 July 2014 17:45

After 9/11 they took one of the programs I had done — the back end of it — and started to use it to spy on everybody in this country. That was a program they created called STELLAR WIND. That was separate and compartmented from the regular activity that was ongoing because it was doing domestic spying.

It was because his software had been turned on American citizens that Binney took his protests public and resigned from the NSA on October 31, 2001. “The ultimate goal of the NSA is total population control,” Binney told the Guardian July 10, “but I’m a little optimistic with some recent Supreme Court decisions, such as law enforcement mostly now needing a warrant before searching a smartphone.”

Binney has never been charged with a crime, but that didn't stop the powers-that-be in Washington from trying to intimidate him. The FBI led a 2007 “dynamic entry” raid at Binney's house, and pointed drawn guns at him as he emerged from his shower. But Binney simply asked to get dressed and told the FBI agents that he had violated no laws. He added that he had evidence of serious crimes. When asked by the FBI agents what those crimes were, Binney, according to his testimony in a 2012 documentary, said: “George Bush, Dick Cheney, Tenet and Hayden conspired to subvert the Constitution, the constitutional process and any number of laws. And here is how they did it.”

more here.... http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/18681-nsa-whistleblower-binney-nsa-recording-80-of-u-s-phone-calls

FindLiberty
07-13-2014, 08:45 PM
He is a great guy! Take care Bill...

presence
07-14-2014, 07:51 AM
“The point is that the data that is being assembled is about everybody.

And from that data then they can target anyone they want.”

HOLLYWOOD
07-14-2014, 08:46 AM
I'd like to know exactly who the 20% are that are not being recording... that gives you an indication of who is protected as well as who is intentionally targeted.