PDA

View Full Version : Senator Mike Lee: "Americans want a more conservative government"

ClydeCoulter
07-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Good interview with Senator Mike Lee

http://reason.com/blog/2014/07/13/sen-mike-lee-the-american-people-want-a

"We've had a 75 or 80 year run with some really aggressive progressive policies," Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah). "They haven't worked. They have enhanced America's opportunity deficit, and the American people want a more conservative government."

And, at around 17:38

"As a voter what I look for is whether somebody shares my view of government and its proper role. That person may or may not share my faith; that person may or may not have any faith. I’m hiring them not to be my minister. I’m hiring them to represent me in government. I want to know what they think the proper role of government is."

ZENemy
07-13-2014, 09:53 AM
A nicer master only validates that one is a slave.

tod evans
07-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Ummm,

Elected officials have no control over the government employees who regularly abuse the citizenry..

The mid-level bureaucrats who write policy, the judges sitting for life, the DA's that answer to noone, unionized beat kops and vested "educators" are doing more harm than any elected joker...

Government is broken!

Government has broken the economy and ruined the reputation of the US globally.

Electing one schmuck over another isn't going to reign in or fix government.

This particular American wants less government, lots less!

dude58677
07-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Ummm,

Elected officials have no control over the government employees who regularly abuse the citizenry..

The mid-level bureaucrats who write policy, the judges sitting for life, the DA's that answer to noone, unionized beat kops and vested "educators" are doing more harm than any elected joker...

Government is broken!

Government has broken the economy and ruined the reputation of the US globally.

Electing one schmuck over another isn't going to reign in or fix government.

This particular American wants less government, lots less!

Actually the Congress is the biggest problem because a President can erase the entire code of federal regulations, pardon everyone, bring the troops home, etc. The next President can come in and start enforcing the laws again in which there are thousands already on the books that Congress passed. Rand Paul being President isn't going to be the cure-all for tyranny not that we shouldn't vote for him to get that short term relief from tyranny but with thousands of congressional laws already on the books don't get your hopes up and assume that America will be free forever. Not by a long shot.

DamianTV
07-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Still playing the Left vs Right paradigm. Which paradigm that is offered actually calls for Smaller Govt? None of the above.