PDA

View Full Version : ron paul rider on letterman!

squandertime
12-01-2007, 07:43 PM
can it happen?
let's make it happen

how?

you know he was talking about putting his bike up on ebay and donating it to ron paul campaign... if he announced that on letterman that would be awesome, no?

is this do-able??

><> robin

Bryan
12-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I think it's worth a shot, makes sense as Michael could just ride there. :)

FireofLiberty
12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
The writer's strike needs to end first.

robert4rp08
12-01-2007, 08:13 PM
The writer's strike needs to end first.

How about Conan than? Heard he's paying his writers out of his pocket.

gerryb
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
can it happen?
let's make it happen

how?

you know he was talking about putting his bike up on ebay and donating it to ron paul campaign... if he announced that on letterman that would be awesome, no?

is this do-able??

><> robin

I think Jay Leno would be more appropriate considering he is a big car/vehicle buff. If Ron Paul could go on the show and sign it that would be golden.

How does he plan to donate the proceeds to the campaign considering it will be above FEC limits?

Cowlesy
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Guys -- Mike is legit, and make a big contribution to the campaign with his ride. To leverage attention, he needs all the support we can give him. The meetup groups are helping through the states he travels, but anything you can chip in to him helps take care of the necessaries. I chipped in last month, but am tapped out after helping the NH volunteer crew this month.

http://ronpaulriderspublic.chipin.com/ron-paul-riders-aul-pac

Can any of you guys help out? That is his chip-in, and he is a very wise spender of the dough. I'll vouch for that.

FireofLiberty
12-01-2007, 08:48 PM
How about Conan than? Heard he's paying his writers out of his pocket.

He's paying to prevent them from being laid off but they're not back writing yet. Letterman is also paying his writers out of his own pocket for the same reason. If they went back to writing because the show hosts are paying them the same salaries out of pocket that they would be making if they were writing that would defeat their purpose of striking in the first place (higher pay).

newmedia4ron
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
While we're at it, lets make rainbows out of pillows!

After that we can can cure cancer by spamming message boards!

Yipeee!!!

*sigh*

squandertime
12-01-2007, 10:14 PM
i forgot about the writer's strike........

well, crap.............

><> robin

Flash
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
There was a rumor going on a month ago that Paul would be on Letterman, The View, and a CBS morning show. SO far hes been on that morning show, and is going on The View. But not Letterman thanks to the writers' strike.

Suzu
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I thought the strike ended a couple weeks ago?