PDA

View Full Version : TX-"Zero Tolerance" grass height enforcement (And no, not an HOA, this is city code cops)

Anti Federalist
07-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Three felonies a day.

LOL @ the "I'm a law abiding citizen" crowd.

You'd think the threat of fines or jail time for long grass might be enough to wake up Idiot AmeriKa, but I'm sure it will not be.

But, as the article rightly points out, since we are all nothing but squatters on the King's land, whatever the King decrees as law, we have to comply with.

This is what you get when go from a freedom culture to compliance culture.

Texas town enforces ‘zero tolerance’ policy on grass length requirements

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/abilene-grass-length/

ABILENE, TX — The town of Abilene has instituted a ‘zero tolerance’ crackdown on private property owners whose grass does not meet government-mandated length requirements.

Code enforcers literally drive around with measuring sticks to determine which lawns have been deemed too long by the town.

The property owners are then threatened with letters and are ultimately given Class C Misdemeanors if they do not comply.

Property owners might be surprised to discover that they can be turned into criminals just for letting nature take its course on land they rightly own — literally for doing nothing.

But with the pervasive erosion of property rights, citizens have become rent-paying caretakers of land that the government ultimately sets rules over.

Citizens who are slapped with a “public nuisance” violation are fined hundreds of dollars and are also billed roughly $150.00 to have contractors trespass on the property and manually make it comply with government standards.

Abilene has declared July 22-26 to be “Zero Tolerance Week,” according to KTXS. Penalties have increased this year to fines of up to $500.00.

What happens if the property owners refuse to pay the fines? As many have found out, every law is backed with the threat of force. Places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York (Albany, Long Island) have made it clear that refusing to obey will ultimately result in jail-time, even over something as outrageous as grass length on private property.

Property owners should reject these violations of private property rights, and support voluntary, cooperative solutions to make their communities look appealing.

Dr.3D
07-12-2014, 10:05 PM
I think I would Roundup my lawn, put down plastic and then cover it with green gravel. Problem solved.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2014, 10:10 PM
I think I would Roundup my lawn, put down plastic and then cover it with green gravel. Problem solved.

(Blares from the streetlight two way surveillance/PA system)

Citizen 2459971 - Sektor Alpha!

We observed you making changes to your Stack a Prole rental unit.

Did you get permission to do that comrade?

That's an unapproved green belt modification and a felony violation of the "Green Spaces" law.

Kneel down where you are, place your hands in the air, and await SWAT, which will be at your location shortly.

jkr
07-12-2014, 10:12 PM
sumthin
sumthin
EAT OUT OUR SUBSTANCE
sumthin

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Meter maid bitten by copperhead (http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2014/05/12/parking-employee-snake-bite-columbia/9010407/)

Be quite a sight when the first code enforcer with a yardstick gets bit by a snake. Measure your swollen hand, you fuck.

mrsat_98
07-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Roundup the courthouse lawn, Is something I am not going to suggest.

amy31416
07-12-2014, 11:41 PM
A fellow I used to know who owned a property in Michigan, somewhere on the outskirts of Detroit, got hit with fines for his lawn (he worked out of town, wasn't there to maintain it much), so he decided to rip up his lawn and plant corn.

It held off the city for a while since it was now a "garden" and not a lawn, he was one of those wacky creative types. Good guy.

DamianTV
07-13-2014, 02:02 AM
Criminalizing Non Criminal Behavior
Rights are converted into Permissions
Three Felonies Per Day

Cant have a Police State without "Police / Policy Enforcement" or Prisons to house said "Criminals".

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Cant have a Police State without "Police / Policy Enforcement" or Prisons to house said "Criminals".

Yep. You also can't have a police state without lice. That includes the enforcers and tattletale scum who are the informers.

DamianTV
07-13-2014, 02:15 AM
Yep. You also can't have a police state without lice. That includes the enforcers and tattletale scum who are the informers.

Totally agree. I hope like hell there is no current monetary incentive to become a Tattletale Scum Brownshirt / Brownyard, but there pretty well already is. I think this is local, but we have this thing around here called "Secret Witness" where a person who calls in a crime can be rewarded up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest. Its monetizing traitorization in this country to the point where brother betrays brother.

And things arent even "bad" yet!

James Madison
07-13-2014, 02:27 AM
Roundup the courthouse lawn, Is something I am not going to suggest.

Make sure that you spray so it says in big letters:

FUCK YOU

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-13-2014, 02:54 AM
I hope like hell there is no current monetary incentive to become a Tattletale Scum Brownshirt / Brownyard, but there pretty well already is. I think this is local, but we have this thing around here called "Secret Witness" where a person who calls in a crime can be rewarded up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest. Its monetizing traitorization in this country to the point where brother betrays brother.

And things arent even "bad" yet!

I had not even thought of that, at least beyond the usual cash reward for bank robbers and such. I'd imagine it would get worse by increasing the cash amount and expanding it to include things like this tall grass.

Wonder if the Nazis had any special perks for their neighborhood snitches. A perk beyond just not hassling them.

tod evans
07-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Focus on the District Attorney who actually prosecutes this shit...

When[if] a community can get a DA that actually represents the will of the people krazy kop behavior will end.

specsaregood
07-13-2014, 06:41 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?331002-City-Bans-Fake-Grass-On-Yards-Violators-Face-Criminal-Charges

ZENemy
07-13-2014, 10:00 AM

When[if] a community can get a DA that actually represents the will of the people krazy kop behavior will end.

That's like trying to hit the 5 pin without knocking down any other pins.

tod evans
07-13-2014, 10:10 AM
That's like trying to hit the 5 pin without knocking down any other pins.

Knocking down all the other pins is perfectly acceptable just as long as you get the 5.....;)

Anti Federalist
07-13-2014, 10:20 AM

"IF" is right.

Seems people are perfectly happy with this, and vote for more of it.

They would not even vote out Mike Nifong's cronies in NC.

Nifong, in case anybody does not know, was probably one of the worst DAs in the country before finally being removed after the grotesque "Duke LaCrosse" prosecution.

Read on...

Darryl Howard will be tried again

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/07/11/darryl-howard-will-be-tried-again/

By Radley Balko July 11

In March, I posted a long report on a likely wrongful-conviction case in Durham, N.C. Darryl Howard was convicted of killing a mother and her daughter based entirely on testimony from eyewitnesses, many of whom have since changed or recanted their stories. More important was what was not at Howard’s trial — critical evidence pointing to another killer. Though there’s ample evidence that the two women were sexually assaulted before they were killed, the prosecution insisted that wasn’t the case, likely because DNA testing on the semen found in one of the women excluded Howard. (Testing on the DNA found in the second woman since then also excludes Howard.)

In May, North Carolina Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson overturned Howard’s conviction with a blistering opinion that excoriated the police and prosecutors for withholding the evidence and for making false statements to jurors.

The prosecutor in the case was then-Assistant District Attorney Mike Nifong, who of course would go on to win election as district attorney, then be removed from office after the Duke lacrosse debacle for withholding evidence and making false statements to a judge. Nifong’s protege and successor Tracey Cline was later removed from office herself, again after multiple allegations of misconduct, including withholding evidence.

I noted in the original article that the case could have been an opportunity to review prior convictions in the perpetually troubled Durham DA’s office. An upcoming election also presented an opportunity for Durham voters to put some new blood in office.

Instead, the voters elected Roger Echols, an heir to the Nifong legacy. Tracey Cline was Nifong’s top deputy. Echols was Cline’s.

Not only is the DA’s office trying Howard again, they’re also fighting to make sure Howard remains in prison until that trial happens.

Fortunately, Hudson isn’t having any of it.

Judge Orlando Hudson said Friday he intends to release 52-year-old Derrick “Darryl” Howard on unsecured bond unless he’s blocked by a prosecution appeal to the state Court of Appeals.

It’s unclear when a ruling might be issued, but Howard’s defense attorney, Jim Cooney, said it could be as soon as Friday.

Hudson ordered a new trial in May after ruling there was no physical evidence connecting Howard, who is serving an 80-year prison sentence, to the 1991 drug-related deaths of Doris Washington and her 13-year-old daughter, Nishonda.

Howard was convicted of two counts of second-degree murder in 1995. . . .

Hudson called the case against Howard by former Durham prosecutor Mike Nifong “horrendous.” . . .

Howard’s wife of 15 years, Nannie Howard, said after the hearing that she’s always had faith in her husband and is hopeful that he’ll be released.

“I’m overjoyed, happy, elated. I’m nervous – all those wonderful emotions that come to play in a moment like this,” she said. “But at the end of the day and through it all, I knew my husband was innocent and I am just so thankful beyond words that I can express right now that he is on his way home.”

Howard can’t go home just yet, though. The prosecution has won a temporary stay while it appeals the decision to grant Howard bond.

You can’t help but wonder what sort of calamity needs to happen for things to change in Durham.

Anti Federalist
07-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Cuz the other thread got locked, and I think I was first anyways...

Schifference
07-22-2014, 01:22 PM
OK

Anti Federalist
07-22-2014, 01:28 PM
^^^ Don't do that...

jbauer
07-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Cuz the other thread got locked, and I think I was first anyways...

Can't help it she was wrong on so many levels sometime you gotta call a spade a spade.

Mani
07-22-2014, 09:52 PM
TEN years in prison for crimes not committed.....when there was not a shred of physical evidence....Damn..I don't have words for that one.

Anti Federalist
07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Can't help it she was wrong on so many levels sometime you gotta call a spade a spade.

I know, and she's been downright ugly to Mrs. AF, but there is more to the story.

I hope she takes a break, gets a breath of fresh air, and break from the beating their family has been getting from life.

DamianTV
07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
I made an effort to explain what exactly "her" problem is. "She" is sick with the same illness that infects most of AmeriKa, FEAR. Too many people are afraid only of what they are told to be afraid of, and flat out ignore things that are very dangerous threats, like out of control Govt willing to murder people over Untaxed Cigarettes, and when, not if, but when someone is confronted by a cop for not mowing their lawn. The first step is to admit that they are afraid.

jbauer
07-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Well I wish her the best. I don't know her or her story other than what she's put on the fedweb.

I know, and she's been downright ugly to Mrs. AF, but there is more to the story.

I hope she takes a break, gets a breath of fresh air, and break from the beating their family has been getting from life.

WM_in_MO
07-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Use "SnoBowl" it kills lawns.

Anti Federalist
07-23-2014, 11:47 AM
I made an effort to explain what exactly "her" problem is. "She" is sick with the same illness that infects most of AmeriKa, FEAR. Too many people are afraid only of what they are told to be afraid of, and flat out ignore things that are very dangerous threats, like out of control Govt willing to murder people over Untaxed Cigarettes, and when, not if, but when someone is confronted by a cop for not mowing their lawn. The first step is to admit that they are afraid.

I am terrified.

It's not the castrating, roll up in a fetal position type of fear, but I'll make no stink about it, I'm terrified at the direction this is all going.

If this goes like it has so many times in the past, people, including us, could lose everything, including our lives.

thoughtomator
07-23-2014, 12:39 PM
you can totally stain marble with shaving cream