PDA

View Full Version : Fed up: Anger rising across America

Anti Federalist
07-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Hmmm...

I'd add to that, an enforcement class that has gone to a war footing against the people, and now kill us and our pets and seize our property with almost total impunity and on a regular basis.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

Fed up: Anger rising across America

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/07/fed-up-anger-rising-across-america/

By K.T. McFarland

Published July 07, 2014

Every Fourth of July we have a family dinner and take turns reading sections of the Declaration of Independence. When my kids were young they were thoroughly bored. When they were teenagers they rushed through the reading so they could ditch the family and see their friends, who weren’t subjected to such July 4th indignities. But my children are grown now, and this year brought their friends to our family dinner.

We handed out slices of American Flag cake along with copies of the Declaration and commenced reading, going around the table. My children were apprehensive their friends would think their parents were too corny, and their friends looked on politely, but unenthusiastically. The first few lines were familiar to everyone: “When in the Course of human events”…and…. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Read beyond those first two paragraphs, though, and you get the long list of grievances the Colonials had against the King. Some of our readers this year were in the military, two were Special Forces guys, just back from some of the fiercest fighting in Afghanistan. The rest were recent college graduates, struggling to find jobs, get apartments they could afford, and payoff college loans.

This year our reading of the Declaration clicked.

As we went around the table, each person reading a few sentences of the Declaration, the momentum picked up. People started reading with enthusiasm, then gusto, and mounting passion as they got further down the list of grievances. They started banging the table as the abuses mounted, and finished by chanting all together the repeated phrase,“Free and Independent States”.

It dawned on us that what happened in America in the 1770’s is like what’s happening all across the country today. We’re seeing the stirrings of a movement against Washington’s governing elite, an increasingly angry reaction to their abuse of power.

For the first time in all the years of reading the Declaration, I felt how angry the Colonials were. It wasn’t just about paying taxes, or being able to vote for members of Parliament. It was about a far-away government dictating to people who lived very different lives. It was about a big government that took from the people but gave very little in return. It was about an arrogant elite, deaf to the repeated petitions of the people. It was about abuse of power.

Think of what it must have been like for our forbearers. They had been carving out a life in the wilderness for over a hundred years, through their own determination, hard work and self-reliance.

They had been self governing not by design, but by circumstance, since the King and his Parliament were an Ocean away. But when the King started handing down new laws and taxes and increasing his interference in areas of life the Colonials had been accustomed to think of as their domain, they petitioned for redress. The King refused, instead sending a mercenary army to keep order in the Colonies. The Colonials fought back, hoping it would get the King to address their grievances and give them the rights of freeborn Englishmen. It didn’t work.

The Colonials had been pushed to the limit and realized the only option left to them was a clean break with the motherland. They sent delegates to Philadelphia to write a document listing their grievances with the King, laying out the case for why they had no choice but to demand independence. They insisted they had rights that no King could deny, because those rights came directly from the Creator. They signed, knowing it they were risking their lives and treasure. Here are some of their complaints, in language which sounds archaic, but with arguments which seem snatched from today’s headlines.

“He has refused his Assent to Laws… He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing Importance. He has…exposed to all the Dangers of Invasion from without, and Convulsions within. He has obstructed the Administration of Justice…. He has erected a Multitude of new Offices… He has affected to…giving his Assent to Acts of pretended Legislation.”

There is a new dissatisfaction blowing across the country. As it was in the 1770s, the movement is not coming from the seat of power or among those who make the laws. It’s coming from the "little people," who live outside the Beltway.

You see it in opinion poll after opinion poll. The majority of people think their children’s lives will not be as good as theirs. Nearly half of all Americans are no longer proud of their country. Politicians have become a despised breed.

If this trend continues, it’s hard to see how the country can continue to carry on as usual, trading off power between one Washington elite and the other.

Why? Because the indictment is not against one party or even one president, it’s a loss of faith in the entire system, and it’s been building for a while.

The current incumbent has accelerated that sense of alienation, with an administration that enforces only the laws it likes, ignoring the rest. But both Republicans and Democrats have been in on the game; they’re so busy fighting with each other over the spoils of office, that they ignore the rest of us except at election time when they want our votes.

We are now governed by elites, some the second and third generation of elites, who have decided the rest of us aren’t smart enough to govern ourselves. They believe modern society has become so complicated that government needs to be in every nook and cranny of it, making the decisions for us, for our own good. They know what’s best for us.

This growing dissatisfaction hasn’t reached a boiling point, but it shows no signs of simmering down. The signs are everywhere.

It’s the fact that a majority of Americans say they’re independents, and no longer no longer identify either political party.

It’s the libertarians who want to reclaim decision making for themselves.

It’s the small government folks who see government as a great Leviathan gobbling up more and more of their treasure and freedoms.

It’s the deficit hawks who worry we are enslaving our children and grandchildren to pay off this generation's debt.

It’s a national movement that’s growing and the reason it’s such a threat to the governing elite, is that it’s increasingly young people who are attracted to it.

And it’s now about any one issue. It’s about the breakdown of government. It’s about Washington’s failure to protect our borders, about Washington’s out of control spending, about Washington’s corruption and collusion with special interests. It’s about arrogant all-powerful government officials who answer to no one, and act outraged when anyone dares question them.

It’s about a Washington elite that has turned the Declaration of Independence on its head and behaves as if the only rights Americans have are the ones they bestow on us. It’s about a pervasive attitude that America works to keep Washington elites in power, instead of Washington working for us.

One of the most cogent sections of the Declaration is the recognition that it takes a lot for people to rebel and throw off tyrants. The founders human nature, “that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are Sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed.”

No one knows where this 21st century, nascent political movement will go.

Maybe it fizzles out because abuses of power are terrible but tolerable.

Maybe Washington wises up and reverses direction.

But maybe the Leviathan just gets too big to ignore and the people rise up, and vote them out of office, en masse.

(Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. *sigh* - AF)

Americans are slow to anger, but once they do get angry, they are impossible to stop. Just ask King George III.

Kathleen Troia "K.T." McFarland is a Fox News National Security Analyst and host of FoxNews.com's "DefCon 3." She served in national security posts in the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations. She was an aide to Dr. Henry Kissinger at the White House, and in 1984 Ms. McFarland wrote Secretary of Defense Weinberger's groundbreaking "Principles of War " speech. She received the Defense Department's highest civilian award for her work in the Reagan administration.

DamianTV
07-11-2014, 04:01 PM
How many people do you all know that have actually read the entire Declaration of Independence?

CPUd
07-11-2014, 04:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bpD6Dux.gif

tod evans
07-11-2014, 04:35 PM
More than half the populace derives their sustenance from government either directly or indirectly..

It'll be messy...

FindLiberty
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance

Anti Federalist
07-11-2014, 06:57 PM
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

Carson
07-11-2014, 07:34 PM
How many people do you all know that have actually read the entire Declaration of Independence?

I think I've read it but I not much of it stuck.

It is really the rules to govern by. If I was cornered into such a position of office I might pick it back up with a renewed interest. The chances of that happening are pretty slim though thankfully.

Something that could come about might be being forced into a corner of having to defend my country. Then many of the rules to govern by are suspended because of the crimes taking place.

OOOOpps! I didn't even read your post right. I was thinking you said Constitution (http://constitutionus.com/). But then I read the Declaration of Independence (http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html) and Bill of Rights (http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/billofrights) too. Not much stuck.

I printed them out and kept them in my bath... study for the longest time, trying to take them in. They are art in the way they are put together and written. It would be nice to be responsible for something so elegant someday.

Pericles
07-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Fed up: Anger rising across America

You don't say .....

Carson
07-11-2014, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bpD6Dux.gif

This reminds me of a quote someone said once. It went something like this;

"It seems like one man trying to hold another man down in the gutter seemed like a waste of two good men."

I'm thinking Will Rogers or Mark Twain but I wasn't able to track it down.

Then again I have no idea what is actually happening in that picture.

Anti Federalist
07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Then again I have no idea what is actually happening in that picture.

I guessing "Bonus Marchers" being run off by cops.

kcchiefs6465
07-11-2014, 09:36 PM
I guessing "Bonus Marchers" being run off by cops.
Many's hero is speaking about America:

As in all military operations, information is vital. By the use of detectives, soldiers in civilian clothes, and friendly citizens, get all possible information about the condition within the city. In particular, locate on a map the position of public utilities, banks, commercial districts, residential districts, armories, sporting goods stores, and other places of importance. Also the general focal points of the disturbance and the names of the leaders. It may be desirable to fly over the city to become oriented. If fired upon while in the air, reply at once with small bombs and machine gun fire.

-- George Patton

hxxp://www.pattonhq.com/textfiles/federal.html

Carson
07-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Many's hero is speaking about America:

As in all military operations, information is vital. By the use of detectives, soldiers in civilian clothes, and friendly citizens, get all possible information about the condition within the city. In particular, locate on a map the position of public utilities, banks, commercial districts, residential districts, armories, sporting goods stores, and other places of importance. Also the general focal points of the disturbance and the names of the leaders. It may be desirable to fly over the city to become oriented. If fired upon while in the air, reply at once with small bombs and machine gun fire.

-- George Patton

hxxp://www.pattonhq.com/textfiles/federal.html

The Central Intelligence Agency used to put out maps that focused on some of the resources like you've listed. It sort of focused on the backbone of a country. I did a Google search but I'm not seeing the map type I remember.

Kind of like this but this isn't it.

http://www.parstimes.com/images/iran_industry_mining.jpg

heavenlyboy34
07-11-2014, 10:46 PM
As long as the masses are reliant on gov'ment money for just about everything, don't expect a Revolution Redux.
(http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/percentage_of_americans_on_welfare_hits_record_lev els.html)Percentage of Americans on welfare hits record levels (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/percentage_of_americans_on_welfare_hits_record_lev els.html)

Carson
07-12-2014, 12:33 AM
As long as the masses are reliant on gov'ment money for just about everything, don't expect a Revolution Redux.
(http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/percentage_of_americans_on_welfare_hits_record_lev els.html)Percentage of Americans on welfare hits record levels (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/percentage_of_americans_on_welfare_hits_record_lev els.html)

Actually couldn't that be the Achilles Heel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles%27_heel)? Maybe that isn't the best word.?

Carson
07-12-2014, 12:53 AM

I remember now being so moved by the Declaration of Independence I started carrying a copy in my wallet encase I ever felt the urge to lay it on someone. Well actually it's a Two Dollar Bill. You can see it on the back if you look real close.

Won't be using it at Taco Bell though.

heavenlyboy34
07-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Actually couldn't that be the Achilles Heel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles%27_heel)? Maybe that isn't the best word.?

Achilles heel of what? Unclear antecedent is unclear. If you mean the majority of people being on welfare an Achilles Heel to the regime, I don't see how it could be. People don't bite the hand that feeds and clothes them except in very unusual circumstances.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Achilles heel of what? Unclear antecedent is unclear. If you mean the majority of people being on welfare an Achilles Heel to the regime, I don't see how it could be. People don't bite the hand that feeds and clothes them except in very unusual circumstances.

Unless something gets done that interrupts that gravy train.

They'll hate that at first, but then will hate the system even more as it fails to prop them up.

Then the system will fall apart, trying to keep hundreds of millions fed, entertained and out of trouble.

heavenlyboy34
07-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Unless something gets done that interrupts that gravy train.

They'll hate that at first, but then will hate the system even more as it fails to prop them up.

Then the system will fall apart, trying to keep hundreds of millions fed, entertained and out of trouble.
Natch. Thanks for clarifying, comrade. Agree with you there. It'll be interesting to see what happens if/when the bread n' circuses are forced to stop. :eek: (I'm hoping to not be in a city if/when that happens)

Carson
07-12-2014, 01:16 PM

What if there is the slightest hiccup?

osan
07-12-2014, 01:37 PM
More than half the populace derives their sustenance from government either directly or indirectly..

It'll be messy...

Quite so, and all decent men with a healthy sense of self-respect who are prone to honor The Gift of freedom will be in no measure put out by this. They will, in fact, welcome it for the cleansing flame it promises to be. Such men shy not away from the mess that circumstance inevitably necessitates, the only alternative being universal destruction of all that is right and decent in the world.

I do not give a tinker's damn about the rights of others whose thinking and attitudes profane The Gift. If they be killed in warfare or through want because they refuse to see reason, they will have brought their ends deservedly upon themselves for the sins of their profaning. If their lives be rendered miserable in the wake of setting this nation to rights once again, let them then choose to toe the lines of common sense and proper moral principles of human relations or die whining for their checks. I care not a whit which they choose because the world is at least as well off without such people as with them.

Those who choose insanity and rank stupidity shall have no sympathy, empathy, or quarter from me. I will walk past them with indifference as they die by their own hands in result of the actions they take pursuant to the stupidities they choose to raise up on high as wisdom worthy of their worship. Let the world be rid of such vast idiocy and corruption and let those who remain take what lessons they are able and move forward with greater and more humble perspective and respect for The Gift with which all men have been so graciously bestowed.

Let stupidity finally heap its rewards upon those who praise at its altar and let the world forget that such wretched miscreants ever walked this beautiful earth.

osan
07-12-2014, 01:45 PM
If you mean the majority of people being on welfare an Achilles Heel to the regime, I don't see how it could be. People don't bite the hand that feeds and clothes them except in very unusual circumstances.

They do when the status quo is disrupted. If businesses began refusing EBT in sufficiently large numbers, some poo would collide with the fan.

heavenlyboy34
07-12-2014, 01:50 PM
They do when the status quo is disrupted. If businesses began refusing EBT in sufficiently large numbers, some poo would collide with the fan.
That's exactly the sort of unusual circumstance I was speaking of, comrade.

osan
07-12-2014, 01:52 PM
What if there is the slightest hiccup?

Poo ensues. Example: 2012, Charleston WV in the wake of storm that took out power to 500K homes for 2 full weeks. By day three there were fist fights over places in line at the ONLY gas station in town with a generator and, hence, available fuel. Mind you this is WV where just about everyone carries a gun and people are very polite when compared with most of the American population. THREE DAYS.

Of this I am confident: if a hiccup of even modest severity hits an area, mark my words there will be some interesting fireworks to ensue.

Americans may be "nice" people, but they are also assholes of the first order in the mean case - the same as with most of the rest of the "developed" world. In fact, I intend on writing a piece on this very topic before much longer, as I believe the topic could use some attention.

Carson
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
osan,

Your post number 20 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455569-Fed-up-Anger-rising-across-America&p=5587656&viewfull=1#post5587656) reminds me of one of the aspects of war my Grandmother was trying to get through to me. She wasn't alive during the civil war but she said one of the things that happened during it was it seemed to take people over. People that all of their lives would have never thought of doing harm to others or others property just went off the deep end and were doing bad things wholesale. I guess everyone got caught up in themselves like a shark feeding frenzy.

Now I suspect they had a lot of pent up frustrations.

And I'm also thinking just because your weren't caught up didn't mean you might not be caught up.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2014, 02:45 PM
osan,

Your post number 20 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455569-Fed-up-Anger-rising-across-America&p=5587656&viewfull=1#post5587656) reminds me of one of the aspects of war my Grandmother was trying to get through to me. She wasn't alive during the civil war but she said one of the things that happened during it was it seemed to take people over. People that all of their lives would have never thought of doing harm to others or others property just went off the deep end and were doing bad things wholesale. I guess everyone got caught up in themselves like a shark feeding frenzy.

And I'm also thinking just because your weren't caught up didn't mean you might not be caught up.

Imagine that happening now.

GunnyFreedom
07-12-2014, 03:25 PM

It doesn't take a lot of imagination.

osan
07-12-2014, 08:05 PM
osan,

Is this so difficult to imagine as being the result of having been trampled upon by others who hold no authority to do so?

How far do people allow their fellows to abuse them with ever growing injustice? What does one do when those same fellows make it clear they are no longer listening because they feel they no longer need to, in turn because they no longer respect you because they no longer fear you as equals? Let us be crystal clear on this one point: if and when America blows its top it will be because Theye made it so. Theye set the stage that all but guaranteed the nation would arise in great anger and when Theye are flayed alive and hung from every lamp post from Portland Maine to Portland Oregon it will be impossible to rightly blame those who did the deeds. My only real apprehension on that point is that some of us may run amok for the reasons you cite... getting "caught up" in the frenzy, which is always a dangerous thing and which history shows us most often goes very wrong. Just consider the course the French Revolution took - a perfect example of people getting caught up in events such that their perspectives are grossly distorted, becoming the monsters against whom they initially rose.

But I have faith in the good and decent people of this country - that is, in the types of people who are most likely to stand up and say "no more!", because those are precisely the sorts of people who will most likely keep their heads about themselves and their decency fast in hand. The rest, the idiot meaners, they can burn for all I care.

Carson
07-12-2014, 08:52 PM

I too was thinking it is happening now. More a reality coming to light than something imagined.

DamianTV
07-12-2014, 08:54 PM
So who was the asshat who rated this thread 1 star when first posted?

Anti Federalist
07-12-2014, 08:59 PM
So who was the asshat who rated this thread 1 star when first posted?

I was wondering that myself.

tod evans
07-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Just gave 'er a bump....

DamianTV
07-13-2014, 02:05 AM
Im actually kind of mixed on this whole thing:

On one hand, people are getting fed up and Anger is rising.

On the other hand, people ignore the most heinous of infringements on ALL Rights and cheer the Cops on, as long as they can still continue to collect their Welfare.

Maybe people are getting so pissed that they might actually complain to someone about it, from their couch.

tod evans
07-13-2014, 05:04 AM
As long as farmers and utility workers are willing to work for paper chits [FRN's] or digital credits the masses will sit subserviently and suck on the tit...

The moment real money enters the equation all bets are off.......

james1844
07-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi All,

For those of you thinking about what civil war in the US might look like...I'll just tell you this: I spent a year in Afghanistan back in 2011. You do not want to experience what a prolonged conflict will do to American society and social institutions. Its tremendously destructive in all respects. I would urge my fellow Ron Paul supporters not be naïve - don't focus on the potential for conflict, instead focus on getting politicians like Rand Paul elected or on supporting local initiatives which increase Republican values and pro-freedom policies.

GunnyFreedom
07-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi All,

For those of you thinking about what civil war in the US might look like...I'll just tell you this: I spent a year in Afghanistan back in 2011. You do not want to experience what a prolonged conflict will do to American society and social institutions. Its tremendously destructive in all respects. I would urge my fellow Ron Paul supporters not be naïve - don't focus on the potential for conflict, instead focus on getting politicians like Rand Paul elected or on supporting local initiatives which increase Republican values and pro-freedom policies.

Nobody, or almost nobody on RPF's actually wants to see a hot conflict. We have been working since 2007 basically nonstop just to prevent that very eventuality. Seeing it coming and making ready for it, is not the same thing as wanting it to happen.

Pericles
07-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Nobody, or almost nobody on RPF's actually wants to see a hot conflict. We have been working since 2007 basically nonstop just to prevent that very eventuality. Seeing it coming and making ready for it, is not the same thing as wanting it to happen.

Indeed, it is simply the case that this is very likely to happen:

when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

acptulsa
07-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

Indeed, we have been.

And if we fail in that, we are hopeful that we will at least done enough to ensure that some of the pissed off people will know who they should actually be mad at. This, to me, is the big problem. The government will say those with jobs are to blame because those with jobs don't let the government rob them enough. That has the distinct advantage of being an extremely simple explanation. We still have our work cut out to counter it.

Carson
07-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

Indeed, it is simply the case that this is very likely to happen:

Quote Originally Posted by The Declaration
when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

I remember a teacher pointing this out to us in grade school.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html

DamianTV
07-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Violence really is an absolute LAST RESORT. Every effort to cause changes that benefit the people must be given serious effort prior to a violent revolution.

One of the things that scares me more than anything else is the reasons that people will commit to violence are in support of the very things that created the problems to begin with. I'd dare to go so far as to say that if Cops went into some school and summarily executed every single child in that school, no one would do a damn thing about it, but on the other hand, if you cut Welfare by 20% there would be violence in the streets by morning. Welfare itself is a form of control through dependancy, and those who would commit to violence for not getting Govt Welfare are supporting the very thing that has created the need for Welfare to begin with. It is as if people are demanding to be enslaved. And also the greatest threat that a Democracy poses to itself. When the people figure out they can vote themselves money out of the public coffers, your Democracy is done. The violence of protesting not getting enough from the Public Coffers is where that Democracy wastes and then murders itself. And it is pretty much exactly where we are at right now.

There are typically three stages to Revolution:

#1 Spread of Information
#2 Widespread Disobedience
#3 Violent Revolution

Thats what it takes for a Revolution, but all it takes for Violence is to piss a bunch of people off quickly. Rodney King (cant we all just get along) who was beaten by Cops, then all the Cops were found Not Guilty. Peole Rioted. But not all of those that engaged in those riots were protesting the verdict, many were so upset about things in general that they became violent for the sake of becoming violent.

The spread of information is very powerful as it enables people to enact changes without violence. We can act on that information and try to fix the problems that exist. If people in office do not listen to the demands of the people, the Revolution quickly falls to step 2. Step 1 is also quite suseptible to Propoganda and Disinformation. With the NSA, this is where people who share information about the wrongdoings of the controllers wil be silenced and why spying on an entire population is so incredibly dangerous. Using Disinformation to create confusion and mixed emotional responses is often crafted to prevent escalation. If people are unsure that something is wrong, they may not react in a violent manner against viewing said information, and may not share it with others. Look at all the confusion over every conflict we have right now. There is no clear "bad guy". Syria, Egypt, Ukraine. But look at Iraq, and ISIS is being painted as the "bad guy". Most likely this is because the plan of invading Iran requires a military presence in Iraq. The sinking of the Lusatania in WWI was used to gain the support of the American Public to enter into the War. It was clearly presented as who the "bad guys" were.

Stage 1 is where Control is still possible. A revolution can be stopped in its tracks my many means. Stop the spread of information. Poison the information with Confusion. Revolutions can also be manufactured. With enough propoganda, it is possible to Manufacture Conscent or Manufacture Dissent. The easiest way to destroy an enemy is to get the enemy to destroy itself first. The spread of Disinformation in enemy regions can have catastrophic consequences. One truly needs to be careful with information as it can easily go both ways, both toward a benefit of a people, or benefit of the powers that be.

Stage 2 is widespread disobedience. People stop obeying the rules, laws, and commands as dictated by the controllers. This is NOT a form of violence. A single individual can still resort to violence to protect themselves when they do not obey the dictates. Weed is illegal. How many times have Cops beaten the shit out of people for having / smoking pot? Yet, in and of itself, there is nothing wrong with pot. A person is still responsible for their actions while smoking pot, but our Govt would have you believe it is the most evil and vile act a person can take. The choice to disobey the dictates is an indication that Stage 3 is coming. Often in Stage 2 an order will be given to no longer spread information that is not "approved". Again, this Stage of a revolution is highly suseptible to external interference. Protestors and those who genuinely support a balanced power between Govt and People are again silenced.

Stage 3 is Violence, and the scenario that most Govts fear. Those with power think they have an exclusive Right to hold such power and will also commit to violence to maintain that power they have. If a person has not commited to either of the first two stages, you can pretty much guarantee that Stage 3 will fail. Its not about the numbers, its about the commitment that a person has. IE, its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. "Sure, I'll fight against my corrupt govt, if you PAY me". They have no genuine reason other than selfish greed to act on. They see very little wrong with the actions of a corrupt Govt because of all that Disinformation creating a sense of Confusion. They dont see Welfare as bad or wrong, but something "they deserve", just as they will think they deserve a "paycheck" for engaging in violence.

The violence is dangerous for many reasons. Active fighting will weaken the power of the controllers. This weakening could cause an even more dangerous entity to take up residence in the seat of power. Anarchy in concept is very different than the way it behaves. Total anarchy is much like a vacuum where something will rush in because the people want an end to the very thing they created in the first place. Take out Dianne Feinstein with violence and the risk is she will be replaced with Hitler. The violent Stage of a Revolution needs to have a very clearly defined set of goals for those who are still confused. This is one of the primary reasons why the Declaration of Independence was written. It is Informational and provided a clear set of goals. Very few have read the Declaration in its entirety, but in its time, was much more widely read and understood.

Violence also heavily operates on the Broken Window Fallacy. Destroy yourself and you end up doing your enemys job for them. Weakening of Power will occur on both sides. The violent stage of Revolution is where there is the most risk as one could end up with something far worse and much more sinister than the corrupt power that is being replaced. This means that the Revolutionaries really need to understand everything that is going on. Disinformation, Manufactured Concent and Dissent, Insurrection, Goals, Risks, Collateral Damage.

The Revolutionaries that do not clearly understand the numerous aspects of the situation are at risk of destroying the very civilization they are trying to save, and unfortunately, seems to be exactly where we are headed. Our citizens will revolt, not aganst Abuses of Power, but demand an even bigger and more pervasive System of Power than we had before. Knowledge can either free a society, or completely enslave it. If knowledge is controlled, it can be used to keep a populus dumbed down to the point where their actions inadvertently cause more problems than the ones they are revolting against. But knowledge of the Limitations of Power can keep those who hold such Power in check in order to maintain the Balance between the People and their Govt. This Knowledge can even prevent Violence from taking place to begin with. Knowledge is more powerful than Violence and the Pen truly is mightier than the Sword.

Violent Revolution, although sometimes very necessary, should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

osan
07-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Violence really is an absolute LAST RESORT. Every effort to cause changes that benefit the people must be given serious effort prior to a violent revolution.

Empty statement without knowing the parameters for determining when you have arrived at "last resort". What may qualify as last resort under one set of circumstances may prove too late or premature under others.

One of the things that scares me more than anything else is the reasons that people will commit to violence are in support of the very things that created the problems to begin with.

Eminent logic fail. This is analogous to the assertion that fighting off a rapist is tantamount to supporting rape. Not quite sure where you're coming from with all this, but so far you are off any mark with which I could agree.

I'd dare to go so far as to say that if Cops went into some school and summarily executed every single child in that school, no one would do a damn thing about it, but on the other hand, if you cut Welfare by 20% there would be violence in the streets by morning. Welfare itself is a form of control through dependancy, and those who would commit to violence for not getting Govt Welfare are supporting the very thing that has created the need for Welfare to begin with.

Wow... you need to take a week away from this and come back to it with fresh eyes. It's THAT bad, no offense. Here you are employing non sequitur a-la-grande. While you are correct about the problems of dependence, it has nothing to do with throwing off a tyrant with one's rifle. The two have little to do with each other.

It is as if people are demanding to be enslaved. And also the greatest threat that a Democracy poses to itself. When the people figure out they can vote themselves money out of the public coffers, your Democracy is done. The violence of protesting not getting enough from the Public Coffers is where that Democracy wastes and then murders itself. And it is pretty much exactly where we are at right now.

Sweet Jesus... my head's starting to hurt. Nobody is talking about rioting for a welfare check. We are talking about revolting against those who are destroying us. To rise up and smite down such tyrants is an act of self-defense; not one of piss and bile as one throws a hissy fit because they didn't get their check.

Rodney King (cant we all just get along) who was beaten by Cops, then all the Cops were found Not Guilty. Peole Rioted. But not all of those that engaged in those riots were protesting the verdict, many were so upset about things in general that they became violent for the sake of becoming violent.

A lot of those rioters were doing nothing more than taking advantage of mass chaos so that they could rob the local electronics stores and cop a free TV.

The spread of information is very powerful as it enables people to enact changes without violence.

Maybe. Bear in mind that thus far the spread of information has, at best, managed to slow Themme down just by some skinny margin. It has yet to do anything to roll back the tyrant's advances upon the territory of our rights... unless you can point to some event wherein our freedoms have expanded significantly from their current state of compression.

We can act on that information and try to fix the problems that exist.

People have been at this for at least 5 decades now. Either this is ineffective or we REALLY suck at it.

If people in office do not listen to the demands of the people, the Revolution quickly falls to step 2.

Perhaps, but one must wonder how long it takes because Theye have not been listening to us since at least 9/11/01. Actually, it si much longer than that, but let me be princely generous.

Stage 1 is where Control is still possible. A revolution can be stopped in its tracks my many means.

Thus far, Theye are making superb work of it.

Stage 2 is widespread disobedience.

And even after all these decades of taking it in the neck time over time, we are still apparently nowhere near Stage 2, as you call it. That isn't saying anything good about us.

People stop obeying the rules, laws, and commands as dictated by the controllers. This is NOT a form of violence. A single individual can still resort to violence to protect themselves when they do not obey the dictates. Weed is illegal. How many times have Cops beaten the shit out of people for having / smoking pot? Yet, in and of itself, there is nothing wrong with pot. A person is still responsible for their actions while smoking pot, but our Govt would have you believe it is the most evil and vile act a person can take. The choice to disobey the dictates is an indication that Stage 3 is coming. Often in Stage 2 an order will be given to no longer spread information that is not "approved". Again, this Stage of a revolution is highly suseptible to external interference. Protestors and those who genuinely support a balanced power between Govt and People are again silenced.

Laws are selectively enforced for a reason. Massive bodies of law are enacted for a reason. When you gather the wrong brand of attention, you risk death at the hands of state lapdogs with badges.

Stage 3 is Violence, and the scenario that most Govts fear.

Not interested in "most" governments, but only the one here. This one does not fear us. We are now apparently looked upon as incidental to Theire plans for the world.

Anarchy in concept is very different than the way it behaves.

Human history says otherwise. Anarchy is a way of life, which necessitates a way of thinking. PEOPLE behave atrociously. People fail, not "anarchy". This may seem picking of nits, but I assure you it is centrally important and fundamental.

Total anarchy is much like a vacuum where something will rush in because the people want an end to the very thing they created in the first place.

An issue of mindset. The meaner's mind is so hopelessly poisoned with tacit assumptions of monumental insanity that I see no obvious way that they are going to come to their senses. I may be grossly mistaken on this point and will readily admit it if someone can provide a compelling argument to the contrary. The only way I see people coming back to sense is under circumstances that make clear the immediate nature of their predicament, which would have by then become so severe that the imposition by those circumstance of the choice between living and dying becomes evident to all but perhaps the most intransigently stoopid among us.

Take out Dianne Feinstein with violence and the risk is she will be replaced with Hitler.

Hand-wringing reason fail here, pal. Bus accidentally runs over your child and perhaps the new Hitler arises because your baby wasn't there to befriend him when all others shunned him. It benefits one nothing to go through life like this. Before long you have no stomach lining of which to speak.

The violent Stage of a Revolution needs to have a very clearly defined set of goals for those who are still confused.

I strongly agree here. It is the absence of clear and unequivocal goals that has set so many nobly intended ventures to run awry and amok. Just look at the wars in Eye-Rack and Afghanistan. "Mission accomplished"... in microcosm, perhaps, but not on the broader strategic level, which is why we're still there and the one nation is now busily imploding.

This is one of the primary reasons why the Declaration of Independence was written. It is Informational and provided a clear set of goals. Very few have read the Declaration in its entirety, but in its time, was much more widely read and understood.

We still have it and it may still serve its purpose, which is perennial.

Violence also heavily operates on the Broken Window Fallacy.

Stated too categorically. You need to narrow this a good bit.

The Revolutionaries that do not clearly understand the numerous aspects of the situation are at risk of destroying the very civilization they are trying to save, and unfortunately, seems to be exactly where we are headed.

While I agree with the first part, and while I recognize the potential for the second part, the latter is not quite a foregone conclusion.

Another factor in all this is how will the knowledge of proper governance, human relations, and economics will be put into action in the aftermath of hanging Obama and the rest, en masse, by their necks until they stop twitching. The architecture of the post-fight order should have been worked out well in advance of throwing the first punch. But who is going to work it out? We are so poisoned with bad assumptions about what works and what does not that I do not trust for the briefest moment that we will be able to come to proper and broad consensus. Should we shove the "right" solution down everyone's throats? I don't know, and I mean that very seriously. I see the potential hazards, but if you know what is right... what do you do with those take a crap on your ideas? Problems like this illustrate why America is such an immense miracle.

Our citizens will revolt, not against Abuses of Power, but demand an even bigger and more pervasive System of Power than we had before.

Sadly, I cannot argue against this as being one of the most likely outcomes. The meaner is a dangerously ignorant asshole by any rational standard.

Knowledge can either free a society, or completely enslave it. If knowledge is controlled, it can be used to keep a populus dumbed down to the point where their actions inadvertently cause more problems than the ones they are revolting against. But knowledge of the Limitations of Power can keep those who hold such Power in check in order to maintain the Balance between the People and their Govt. This Knowledge can even prevent Violence from taking place to begin with. Knowledge is more powerful than Violence and the Pen truly is mightier than the Sword.

So what is your solution?

Violent Revolution, although sometimes very necessary, should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

Disagree. One does not allow the rapist to have his way just to avoid violence. One takes out her pistol and shoots the life out of him without compunction, equivocation, or hesitation.

I get your ideas, but they need better semantic structure.

phill4paul
07-13-2014, 09:21 PM
We can start tomorrow. We can start next week. Just let me know when you want to start or time and tide might cause me to just go it alone.

UWDude
07-13-2014, 09:34 PM
We can start tomorrow. We can start next week. Just let me know when you want to start or time and tide might cause me to just go it alone.

that would be a tragic waste.

GunnyFreedom
07-13-2014, 11:35 PM
I get your ideas, but they need better semantic structure.

I think you took his post wrong and then saw it through a bit of a lens. I also think you started to see that at the end so you brought it down to semantics.

Absolutism is a non-starter with me. If jackboots are walking through neighborhoods performing driveway executions of dissidents, then guess what? I am taking up a rifle and marching off to war. I go in knowing that I will die, and will likely lead a great many to die with me, but once it has come to driveway executions of dissidents in neighborhoods I would hope that every red blooded American (including you NSA and DHS freaks) would also take up arms and fight for the same cause. There is always a line. There has to be a line. Once you say 'there is no line' you have surrendered to the tyranny of the state.

America was founded on the rejection of the tyranny of the state, and once we reaped the produce of general prosperity as a people we enjoined ourselves back to the state, and so became the blighted wasteland you see before us today.

It is only men who seek the tyranny of the state, but God who seeks the liberty of man: to choose Him and to pursue His glory in every part of life. When the state stands in the way of men who do no harm, then they also stand in the way of God. So becomes the American empire, the blighted wasteland it is becoming today.

What you see on the streets right now is years behind what is happening in the governments and leadership intellectually. All the urban blight in Detroit, America doesn't actually look like that physically yet. But in the first heaven, where government sits, it already looks like that across the nation. I only question why so few can see it?

A rot in the American Spirit has developed into a complacency, and I suspect that rot came in through the mind. Perhaps millions no, billions of hours of vegetating in front of the boob tube. All these horrible things are happening out there but 'none of it is real.' Just a flash across the news feeds for a while.

What are people going to do when the food runs out? They will mob, and violently. What are people going to do when the police gun down large portions of those rioting crowds? Only 30 years ago they would have totally freaked out. Today? they will stay glued to the channel for as long as it lasts, and then go about their business.

Someone has put America to sleep. A lot of us are wondering why.

Carlybee
07-14-2014, 12:03 AM
If jackboots are walking through neighborhoods performing driveway executions of dissidents, then guess what? I am taking up a rifle and marching off to war. .

May not be too far off http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-feds-swarm-small-town-in-bizarre-unannounced-show-of-force/

Intoxiklown
07-14-2014, 08:06 AM
If jackboots are walking through neighborhoods performing driveway executions of dissidents, then guess what? I am taking up a rifle and marching off to war.

And this is exactly why you'll recall me building ARs designed for distance, but still capable for CQB. I live towards the end of my road in a small neighborhood in the county, and know it would be a house by house movement I would have to deal with in a SHTF. I have made sure I can have maximum survivability, while still able to inflict maximum casualties, and give my family best chance to escape to woods behind while I show people in power what real power is.

Pericles
07-14-2014, 02:13 PM
There is much to recommend in a measured and deliberate use of violence. It minimizes the need for greater violence at a later date.

GunnyFreedom
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Remember, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria minimized nothing, it actually sparked the First World War.

Pericles
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Remember, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria minimized nothing, it actually sparked the First World War.

Consequensce of improper target selection and method.