PDA

View Full Version : Free lunches! The taxpayers were just giving 'em away!

nobody's_hero
07-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Did you have kids you can't afford? Are you tired of watching your childless neighbor go on bass fishing trips and enjoying life without financial burden because he carefully planned ahead and knows what he wants? Wish you could make him pay for something he neither wants nor needs? Rome, Georgia public schools can help:

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/rome/news/education/free-lunches-for-rome-students-in---school-year/article_36572cd6-0728-11e4-9372-001a4bcf6878.html

Rome City Schools parents short on cash won’t have to look under sofa cushions for change for lunch money next year.

Brandy Money, nutrition coordinator for the school system, said lunches will be free for students during the 2014-2015 school year. The issue was discussed during Tuesday’s Rome Board of Education meeting.

Rome City Schools qualifies for a USDA-sponsored program that funds the free lunches.

“At this time of year, we are usually discussing the upcoming expected costs of lunches for the new year, but this year, thanks to this program, we don’t have to,” said Superintendent Jeff Bearden. “All students will be able to have meals for free.”

tod evans
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Paid to breed...

What could possibly go wrong?

olehounddog
07-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Same thing here. All Wilkes County students qualify for free breakfast and lunch. I think you have to opt out to not get it free. We are supposedly an impoverished county.

Ronin Truth
07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
TANSTAAFL!

nobody's_hero
07-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Same thing here. All Wilkes County students qualify for free breakfast and lunch. I think you have to opt out to not get it free. We are supposedly an impoverished county.

Yeah, the thing is, Rome, Georgia is not even the poorest area of Georgia. Compare it with a place like Jeff Davis county, Georgia, where the signs say 'please dump trash on the side of the road' and the people have more teeth than dollars (which ain't much of either), you begin to question what classifies as poverty in our society.

HOLLYWOOD
07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Paid to breed...

What could possibly go wrong?Well don't forget in America's dystopian future, "Tuesday, is Soylent Green Day"

CPUd
07-11-2014, 04:38 PM
LOL they will be using surplus from experimental crops. If they are serving beans or berries every day, you better brown bag it.

presence
07-11-2014, 05:01 PM
"its for the children"

Ketchup will count as a state sanctioned vegetable serving, chrerries swimming in red dye and heavy syrup for fruit, pink slime burgers for meat, and 50% high fructose corn syrup by calorie chocolate milk counts as a dairy.

Bread? Let them eat cake!

Carson
07-11-2014, 05:08 PM
They've been giving lunches away in California for a long time. In fact I'm sort of remembering them extending into the weekends.

I was pretty steamed about it. Now I'm more festered and rotten.

Carlybee
07-11-2014, 05:12 PM
They give them away free here including when schools out in the summer. That being said while I oppose it philosophically, it is hard to think about a kid going hungry. There's a group here called Kids Meals that partners with companies to provide private funding for meals.

tod evans
07-11-2014, 05:32 PM
They give them away free here including when schools out in the summer. That being said while I oppose it philosophically, it is hard to think about a kid going hungry. There's a group here called Kids Meals that partners with companies to provide private funding for meals.

Nothing like a "single mother" pulling up to load her free shit into a 2y/o Beemer....

Or the crack monkey dropping his/her kids off to "daycare" so they can go do their thing...

Sure some folks actually need help but government is the least fit to determine who.

Occam's Banana
07-11-2014, 05:39 PM
This has nothing to do with feeding hungry children.

This has everything to do with feeding hungry contractors.

nobody's_hero
07-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Sure some folks actually need help but government is the least fit to determine who.

I can absolutely vouch for this. I work in a hospital ER and if you say you're poor and can't afford your bill, you can apply for indigent care programs paid out of the hospital's budget.

But to do that, the hospital will basically want to know EVERYTHING about your finances. You can't just say, "oops I'm poor" and expect money to be shoveled into your pockets like government tends to do with welfare programs. The hospital is going to make damn sure you need the help. Government just wants to you vote a certain way in November.