PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Makes Pitch for Iowa Social Conservatives with New YouTube Ad

LibertyEsq
07-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Not sure how this got past us: http://theiowarepublican.com/2014/rand-paul-makes-pitch-for-iowa-social-conservatives-with-new-youtube-ad/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSoNSx3i9BA#t=20

The ad is powerful and obviously designed for a couple of purposes. The fact that it is running in Iowa is yet another indication that he is more focused on a presidential run in 2016 than a campaign for re-election. The ad will also help Paul build inroads with social conservatives who might be a little suspect of the libertarian leaning Senator from Kentucky.

I haven't had the chance to watch it yet since I'm at work

Also, if you tweet this, tweet the link to the Youtube video itself, not the article. The article is too focused on the politics and doesn't make Rand look great

William Tell
07-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Great video.

jon4liberty
07-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes almost every ad I get on youtube here in Iowa is an attack ad on Bruce Braley or its Rand's new ad. He lost his connection with the So Cons here I am hoping this will rebound them back.

satchelmcqueen
07-11-2014, 03:33 PM
very very good. if rand can get the christian vote, then he has done a lot toward getting the nomination. not that he would manipulate anyone for a vote, but you know what i mean.....he really feels this way so i hope he does well with this.

Bastiat's The Law
07-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Very well done video there.

limequat
07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Let me get this straight....

RandPaul2016 is the senate race. He's running ads in Iowa ostensibly for his senate re-election?

limequat
07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Great video.

A tick better than "he's catchin' on" :)

LibertyEsq
07-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Let me get this straight....

RandPaul2016 is the senate race. He's running ads in Iowa ostensibly for his senate re-election?

;););)

:cool:

limequat
07-11-2014, 08:31 PM
;););)

:cool:

<Mr. Burns> Excellent</Mr. Burns>
I guess Kelly changed her mind.

anaconda
07-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Impressive. I'm looking forward to more of these down the road.

WD-NY
07-12-2014, 04:39 PM
ISO Traditional Conservative's review of this ad :)

cindy25
07-12-2014, 09:35 PM
if Huck runs, Huck get most of the social cons. if not, they are up for grabs

Liberty74
07-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Very important particularly for Iowa as that state can make or break you. Rand seems to be better than his father at politicking and using the issues in his favor, something Ron just didn't do because Ron was a messenger, an educator. Rand, whether we like it or not, is a politician.

Listen up folks, Rand better be prepared for the onslaught that is coming his way and will come his way. Ron recently on Alex Jones even sent out that warning. Ricky moron Perry is already out front attacking him as is Beck misleading people on Rand's foreign policy. It's like deja freaking vu all over again. Is Rand prepared to FIGHT for change? FIGHT for the minds of those on the right side of the BS political spectrum?

I don't think Huck gets anything at this point. Remember, candidates (Perry, Cain, Bachmann, etc.) all rose and fell fast in 2011/12. What happened? It's all about creating excitement and keeping that momentum going. If you allow for one freaking second the media or talk radio to take something out of context and re-define you, IT"S OVER FOLKS. It's 90% of the game. It's what happened to Ron in December 2011. He was on top in Iowa after everyone for months said he had no chance. Then BAM, the nuclear attack by all so called right wing talk radio was unleashed like a pack of pit bulls. It was literally all down hill from there and over by SC. How to you win the media over? Whether we like it or not, the media DOES determine who wins by creating perceptions (truth or not) about a candidate which in turn determines how the average voters feels about someone. Sometimes it's about issues like Ron Paul being an isolationists. Other times it's about a feeling such as Mitt being the most electable. So, much of Rand's strategy has to be generic IMO. Try not to get caught up in specifics of policy making details. Stay focused. Create a positive image like Obama did in 2008 (the Hope and Change candidate). Bill Clinton did that very well. Even George Bush came across as sane and humble versus Gore to an extent.

I'm hopeful. I personally think if the media stayed out of politics, we would win easily...