PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City - Driver's License Checkpoint

Philhelm
07-09-2014, 08:15 PM
I was watching the local news and today the police in Kansas City set up a driver's license checkpoint. If the driver had a driver's license, they were sent on their way (allegedly); otherwise, they were pulled over to a detainment area for processing. Apparently they made thirty arrests, and justified it by stating that there were people driving with suspended and revoked driver's licenses - dangerous people.

presence
07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Delaware V Prouse

Except where there is at least articulable and reasonable suspicion that a motorist is unlicensed or that an automobile is not registered, or that either the vehicle or an occupant is otherwise subject to seizure for violation of law, stopping an automobile and detaining the driver in order to check his driver's license and the registration of the automobile are unreasonable under the Fourth Amendment.

Supreme Court of the United States

January 17, 1979

DamianTV
07-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Papers, Papers please...

---

Apparently, driving a car is intent enough to be interpreted as probable cause sufficient to check for ALL papers...

Anti Federalist
07-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Delaware V Prouse

Except where there is at least articulable and reasonable suspicion that a motorist is unlicensed or that an automobile is not registered, or that either the vehicle or an occupant is otherwise subject to seizure for violation of law, stopping an automobile and detaining the driver in order to check his driver's license and the registration of the automobile are unreasonable under the Fourth Amendment.

January 17, 1979

Fuck your Supreme Court. Now, hand over your papers, before I thump yer fucking head for you! - Officer Friendly.

Anti Federalist
07-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Papers, Papers please...

---

Apparently, driving a car is intent enough to be interpreted as probable cause sufficient to check for ALL papers...

They'll get there soon enough, they'll do like USCG and marinetime cops.

They'll call it a "safety inspection".

Anti Federalist
07-09-2014, 08:34 PM
I was watching the local news and today the police in Kansas City set up a driver's license checkpoint. If the driver had a driver's license, they were sent on their way (allegedly); otherwise, they were pulled over to a detainment area for processing. Apparently they made thirty arrests, and justified it by stating that there were people driving with suspended and revoked driver's licenses - dangerous people.

Why do you hate AmeriKa comrade?

bunklocoempire
07-09-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm sure this was for educational purposes.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Papers, Papers please...

Apparently, driving a car is intent enough to be interpreted as probable cause sufficient to check for ALL papers...Living In America~!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuDvxfqgxXA

presence
07-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Fuck your Supreme Court. Now, hand over your papers, before I thump yer fucking head for you! - Officer Friendly.

lol. my mom now refers to cops as "officer friendly"

Philhelm
07-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Why do you hate AmeriKa comrade?

I'm jealous of its freedom.

invisible
07-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Delaware V Prouse

January 17, 1979

Meaningless. They'll just make up some other phony excuse:
Speeding
Driving too slow
Swerved
Too close to the edge of the lane
Couldn't read the little registration sticker on your license plate
Didn't look like you had your seatbelt on
Following another vehicle too closely
Couldn't see your inspection sticker
I've heard them all.