PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Clinton collecting $75,000 for speaking engagements

green73
07-09-2014, 12:08 PM
There is a new Clinton paid to deliver speeches — Chelsea, the former first daughter — and she is commanding as much as $75,000 per appearance.

Aides stressed that while Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton often address trade groups and Wall Street bankers, Ms. Clinton, now 34, focuses on organizations whose goals are in line with the work of the family’s philanthropic organization, the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation. Organizers said her star power helped sell tickets and raise money.

And unlike her parents’ talks, Ms. Clinton’s speeches “are on behalf of the Clinton Foundation, and 100 percent of the fees are remitted directly to the foundation,” said her spokesman, Kamyl Bazbaz, adding that “the majority of Chelsea’s speeches are unpaid.” The Harry Walker Agency, the firm that represents her parents’ engagements, handles Ms. Clinton’s talks on behalf of the family foundation.

The family speechmaking business is a lucrative one and has generated more than $100 million for her parents over the past decade as they hopscotched the globe. Their fees range from $200,000 to $700,000 per appearance, and Mr. Clinton alone earned $17 million last year giving speeches.

cont.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/10/us/politics/chelsea-clinton-follows-parents-lead-as-a-paid-speaker.html

Brian4Liberty
07-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Ms. Clinton’s speeches “are on behalf of the Clinton Foundation, and 100 percent of the fees are remitted directly to the foundation,”

Yep, the Clinton's are dead broke, including Chelsea. All of their money is tax sheltered, just like the majority of the crony elite.

But hey, let's tax the rich! :rolleyes:

Philhelm
07-09-2014, 12:25 PM
The nepotism is disgusting. Does anyone really believe she would be anything special if she grew up in suburbia (or worse)?

Brian4Liberty
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Does anyone really believe she would be anything special if she grew up in suburbia (or worse)?

Probably not. And if she did, it wouldn't happen for a long time.

RickyJ
07-09-2014, 01:04 PM
She isn't anything special as far as I am concerned. None of them are, including Rand Paul. Only Ron Paul is special as a living politician, and possibly Jimmy Carter due to his degree in Nuclear Physics and finally speaking out about the genocide of the Palestinians by the Israelis, the rest of them are below average to average people, nothing special at all.

green73
07-09-2014, 01:13 PM
She isn't anything special as far as I am concerned. None of them are, including Rand Paul. Only Ron Paul is special as a living politician, and possibly Jimmy Carter due to his degree in Nuclear Physics and finally speaking out about the genocide of the Palestinians by the Israelis, the rest of them are below average to average people, nothing special at all.

I'd have to say Bill is pretty special.

Pericles
07-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I just don't see "what it is like to be a kid at the white house" (which is the only thing she has to say) as contributing to the stock of knowledge in the world.

Todd
07-09-2014, 01:30 PM
I just don't see "what it is like to be a kid at the white house" (which is the only thing she has to say) as contributing to the stock of knowledge in the world.

Yep. Usually people pay for someone who has said or says important things. Couple her lack of anything useful to contribute to the fact that I've never even heard the girl speak or know what she sounds like.

dude58677
07-09-2014, 05:33 PM
I actually feel sorry for her because she is really her parents indentured servant. She has to have Secret Service follow her everywhere and she can't have her own political beliefs or stay away from politics because it would hurt her parents careers esp the Clinton's given that both Hilliary and Bill see everything to advance their political careers. She puts on a face for the public but that might not mean she actually enjoys it.

PS, She might even like Rand Paul or Ron Paul because their views make sense but can't support them publicly because her parents are Bill and Hilliary.

amy31416
07-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Who's worse? Chelsea or Liz Cheney?

I'll have to go with Liz. For now at least--who knows what that weird family Chelsea married into will have her doing as their frontman.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 05:50 PM
"A Fool and their money are soon departed"

If idiot America wants to waste money on canned lies and deceit... have at it.