PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck to Bring Soccer Balls, Hot Meals to Illegals: 'We Must Open Our Hearts'

RonPaulFanInGA
07-09-2014, 04:52 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/07/08/Glenn-Beck-to-Bring-Soccer-Balls-Hot-Meals-to-Illegals-We-Must-Open-Our-Hearts

Glenn Beck said bringing soccer balls, teddy bears, and hot meals to illegal immigrants who have been detained along the U.S.-Mexico border will be the most right thing he has ever done.

On July 19, Beck will travel to McAllen, Texas, because he believes Americans must "open our hearts" to the illegal immigrant children who have been unlawfully entering the country.

"I’ve never taken a position more deadly to my career than this – and I have never, ever taken a position that is more right than this," Beck claimed, according to The Blaze.

Beck said helping illegal immigrant children, most of whom have fled Central American nations, was more "right" to him than even calling out radical Islam.

“We’re going to fill some tractor-trailers with food, with water,” Beck said. “The churches have asked us if we could bring teddy bears and soccer balls, so we’ve loaded up a whole tractor-trailer of nothing but teddy bears and soccer balls. And then I’m going to go serve breakfast and lunch, and I’m going to help unload these trucks, hot meals for 3,000. That’s what we’re doing.”

Uriel999
07-09-2014, 04:56 AM
I agree. I want to add something though. Put it in a "to go" bag. Secure the border until we end the welfare state.

kcchiefs6465
07-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Boycott?

rprprs
07-09-2014, 05:22 AM
"I’ve never taken a position more deadly to my career than this –..."
One could only hope it puts the final nail in that coffin.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2014, 06:15 AM
He's getting torn to shreds in the comments. :D

WM_in_MO
07-09-2014, 06:16 AM
I'll give him points for this.

specsaregood
07-09-2014, 06:21 AM

Why the :D?

I don't think they should all be allowed to stay; but I don't disagree with anything he said as quoted in the article. It isn't their fault, he is performing private charity and not spending tax money. I applaud Beck in this instance.

I actually find it disappointing that he would be getting "torn to shreds".

erowe1
07-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Interesting.

I don't know what his game is here. But good for him for doing this.

erowe1
07-09-2014, 06:22 AM

RonPaulFanInGA
07-09-2014, 06:34 AM

Freepers are ripping into Beck too:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3177783/posts

asurfaholic
07-09-2014, 06:38 AM
"We" must open our hearts?

Sorry

But doesn't the Bible pretty much say that those who give and boast about it are scum? Or something like that?

GB is a tool

FloralScent
07-09-2014, 06:42 AM
Interesting.

I see you're an advocate of the North American Union. That's all that's going on here, he's helping blaze the path.

Southron
07-09-2014, 07:03 AM
The most humane thing to do would be to reunite them with their families in their home countries.

Slave Mentality
07-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Sorry Glen. We all get to boast about the 2.7 BILLION that Dear Leaders want to spend....on a crisis created by the non enforcement of federal immigration policy and federal labor laws. The old make a crisis and come up with a solution scam.

Sorry Glen. These poor kids would not be used as political fodder if your Monsanto buddies and the like would be prosecuted for hiring illegals for $2.00/HR with no benefits or taxes paid.

Sorry Glen. Using Jesus and your twisted religion to push your corporate handler's agenda is not going to get you closer to the front of the Going to See Jesus bus.

Hey Glen? Where are the soccer balls for all the orphans we have created in the Middle East over the past decade? I get it Christian=Give a shit, Muslim=Meh, their daddies should not have been terrorists. Innocence in children only apply if they match your brand of Sky Avenger? Hmmmm....

I guess you can tell I don't fall for the fake give a shits like this sobbing for Jesus fool produces regularly....right about the time his ratings start to slide.

compromise
07-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Boycott?

Great news! Now we can supply them with extra government welfare instead of Beck's charitable donations!
:rolleyes:

fisharmor
07-09-2014, 07:30 AM
I'm with the suspicious lot.
He's said and done a whole lot of things libertarians would love... if they were anything more than a setup to a solid kick in the nuts.

Carlybee
07-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Great news! Now we can supply them with extra government welfare instead of Beck's charitable donations!

We already are.

Carlybee
07-09-2014, 07:38 AM
The most humane thing to do would be to reunite them with their families in their home countries.

Except that unfortunately their parents sent them here. Human trafficking is booming.

kcchiefs6465
07-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Glenn Beck should be boycotted on general principle.

I'm trying to build coalitions here.

No need to get butthurt that libertarians dislike your employer.

enhanced_deficit
07-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Glenn Beck.. helping little brown children since 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgztL1W1hk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgztL1W1hk

AuH20
07-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Personal charity shouldn't be an issue. The problem being that the government aided and abetted this crisis.

erowe1
07-09-2014, 08:13 AM
I see you're an advocate of the North American Union. That's all that's going on here, he's helping blaze the path.

No I'm not. And nothing in the OP makes any mention of that.

erowe1
07-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Sorry Glen. We all get to boast about the 2.7 BILLION that Dear Leaders want to spend....on a crisis created by the non enforcement of federal immigration policy and federal labor laws. The old make a crisis and come up with a solution scam.

You got that backwards.

It's not the non-enforcement of those laws that create crises that demand more government. It's the enforcement of them.

JK/SEA
07-09-2014, 08:26 AM
so, i'm supposed to believe that no one KNEW that these kids were coming?.....

yeah, bus loads of kids streaming north in buses and horse carts weren't noticed by anyone?....sorry..not believeable....top republicans and dems knew these kids were coming and did nothing as they approached the border.....big question is why...

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:26 AM
No I'm not. And nothing in the OP makes any mention of that.

Then you're NOT paying attention.

JK/SEA
07-09-2014, 08:28 AM
oops...almost forgot...

FUCK GLENN BECK,,,

erowe1
07-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Then you're NOT paying attention.

Did I say something incorrect?

Ender
Interesting.

Agree.

And, I am no Beck fan.

erowe1

Possibly. But not if the government is involved in doing it.

specsaregood
07-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Personal charity shouldn't be an issue. The problem being that the government aided and abetted this crisis.

I guess I missed where he was supporting the government doing such. it sounds to me like he is only offering to help victims/pawns of the crisis.

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:31 AM
One could only hope it puts the final nail in that coffin.

This is the final nail in the US coffin. Glenn is a shill has always been a shill.

erowe1
07-09-2014, 08:33 AM
This is the final nail in the US coffin.

Like he said, one could only hope.

Cleaner44
07-09-2014, 08:36 AM
I agree. I want to add something though. Put it in a "to go" bag. Secure the border until we end the welfare state.

I agree also. Nothing wrong with being kind and generous. If Beck wants to voluntarily spend his money on these kids, I support that. Now let's stop attracting these poor kids with the lure of a welfare state.

JK/SEA
07-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Agree.

And, I am no Beck fan.

taking the bait eh?......don't feel bad, lots of people do.....

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:37 AM
I guess I missed where he was supporting the government doing such. it sounds to me like he is only offering to help victims/pawns of the crisis.

Ah yes, isn't he a wonderful guy? And what about all the children in this country torn from their parents and family by CPS? This is definitely a good bait and switch diversion--I'll give him that much.

What will you do when this entire country is bankrupt and people are starving in the streets?

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Like he said, one could only hope.

Are you prepared for the chaos that will ensue? Are you prepared for the starving people in this country? Do you think Glenn will help them?

Slave Mentality
You got that backwards.

It's not the non-enforcement of those laws that create crises that demand more government. It's the enforcement of them.

I understand where you are coming from. I was just doing a little "nation of laws" there and we know the fallacy of that. My bad.

Ender
This is the final nail in the US coffin. Glenn is a shill has always been a shill.

Agree that Beck is a Shill- but helping kids who are not the ring leaders in our gov, is a good thing.

JK/SEA
Ah yes, isn't he a wonderful guy? And what about all the children in this country torn from their parents and family by CPS? This is definitely a good bait and switch diversion--I'll give him that much.

What will you do when this entire country is bankrupt and people are starving in the streets?

Glenn will save us...he always does...right?

specsaregood
07-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Look at you with the strawman. one doesn't have to like Beck to agree with him in regards to private charity. One doesn't have to ignore one set of victims just because there is another set of victims out there being ignored.

Ender
Are you prepared for the chaos that will ensue? Are you prepared for the starving people in this country? Do you think Glenn will help them?

You think this all comes from immigrants? The WoT, the WoD, etc and an unconstitutional gov is the culprit. Helping the poor is always good.

donnay
I agree also. Nothing wrong with being kind and generous. If Beck wants to voluntarily spend his money on these kids, I support that. Now let's stop attracting these poor kids with the lure of a welfare state.

That's just it, it's NOT Glenn's money. He is tugging on the American heart strings to donate. While our very own country has children torn from their families and many go to bed hungry here. Believe me it is not some grand gesture on his part. A lot of the churches are luring this people up here--I am sure all 501 3c churches.

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Agree that Beck is a Shill- but helping kids who are not the ring leaders in our gov, is a good thing.

Then start in your own backyard first. When all is well there, then go off and help others.

AuH20
07-09-2014, 08:46 AM
We have thousands upon thousands needy kids who live in Appalachia and our inner cities. While I appreciate his generosity, I don't think we can get emotionally roped into this.

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:47 AM
You think this all comes from immigrants? The WoT, the WoD, etc and an unconstitutional gov is the culprit. Helping the poor is always good.

The immigrants are a pawn in this grand game of chess. We have churches out there doing the governments bidding. They are luring these immigrants here.

Ender
07-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Then start in your own backyard first. When all is well there, then go off and help others.

I do. I am a Minister under a VoP. I work continually for the community and to help kids. I am part of a church that uses their means to donate and help all they can locally. You know, one of those 501(c)3 organizations that you just debased?

donnay
Look at you with the strawman. one doesn't have to like Beck to agree with him in regards to private charity. One doesn't have to ignore one set of victims just because there is another set of victims out there being ignored.

We are ALL victims in this.

Ender
The immigrants are a pawn in this grand game of chess. We have churches out there doing the governments bidding. They are luring these immigrants here.

That's a grand case of BS.

donnay
07-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I do. I am a Minister under a VoP. I work continually for the community and to help kids. I am part of a church that uses their means to donate and help all they can locally. You know, one of those 501(c)3 organizations that you just debased?

Yes because the tax exemption inadvertently takes your Constitutional rights!

Ender
07-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Yes because the tax exemption inadvertently takes your Constitutional rights!

More BS.

It is heavy taxation that is unconstitutional and takes your rights away.

Churches are naturally tax-exempt and have been so since BEFORE the founding of the country. They do NOT take your rights away; most of your "taxation" is unlawful and unconstitutional. LBJ started the unlawful 501(c)3 stuff to lure churches under the heavy hand of the gov. Most did not realize that it was already their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to be untaxed.

specsaregood
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Well go buy yourself a soccer ball and make yourself a meal then.

Origanalist
07-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Possibly. But not if the government is involved in doing it.
Government involvement is what got them here.

jkr
07-09-2014, 09:12 AM
how about feeding a hungry AMERICAN! we have LOTS of those...oh, i forgot, ITS ILLEGAL!

donnay
07-09-2014, 09:15 AM
That's a grand case of BS.

“This regionalization is in keeping with the Tri-Lateral Plan which calls for a gradual convergence of East and West, ultimately leading toward the goal of one world government. National sovereignty is no longer a viable concept.”
~ Zbigniew Brzezinski

"… Persisting social crisis, the emergence of a charismatic personality, and the exploitation of mass media to obtain public confidence would be the steppingstones in the piecemeal transformation of the United States into a highly controlled society.”
~ Zbigniew Brzezinski

donnay
07-09-2014, 09:19 AM
More BS.

It is heavy taxation that is unconstitutional and takes your rights away.

Churches are naturally tax-exempt and have been so since BEFORE the founding of the country. They do NOT take your rights away; most of your "taxation" is unlawful and unconstitutional. LBJ started the unlawful 501(c)3 stuff to lure churches under the heavy hand of the gov. Most did not realize that it was already their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to be untaxed.

You should read this then...

What Happens When The Church Is Not Free?
http://www.thewelloflivingwater.com/blog/

donnay
07-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Well go buy yourself a soccer ball and make yourself a meal then.

Nah, I have to drive for the meals on wheels today.

ravedown
07-09-2014, 09:29 AM
beck see's himself as some kind of christian disciple driven by an inner guilt..some kind of narcissistic holy-man complex. the guy is a psychoanalysts wet dream.

donnay
07-09-2014, 09:32 AM
beck see's himself as some kind of christian disciple driven by an inner guilt..some kind of narcissistic holy-man complex. the guy is a psychoanalysts wet dream.

A Judas goat.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Why the :D?

I don't think they should all be allowed to stay; but I don't disagree with anything he said as quoted in the article. It isn't their fault, he is performing private charity and not spending tax money. I applaud Beck in this instance.

I actually find it disappointing that he would be getting "torn to shreds".
Why? Because I enjoy seeing him torn to shreds. Just that simple.

Origanalist
07-09-2014, 09:58 AM
A Judas goat.

Just needs horns.....
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2014/Talk-Radio/glenn-beck-slightly-crazed-ap.jpg

cajuncocoa
07-09-2014, 10:00 AM
As if they aren't going to be supplied with government welfare anyway. They'll get what they get in terms of welfare without regard for anything Beck hands out.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-09-2014, 10:11 AM
but Beck also emphasized that the United States should be accessible to “all those fleeing poverty and violence.”

Beck apparently wants to wave in about half the world's population. Who's going to be paying for all these impoverished peoples' needs?

Vanguard101
07-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Sorry Glen. These poor kids would not be used as political fodder if your Monsanto buddies and the like would be prosecuted for hiring illegals for $2.00/HR with no benefits or taxes paid.

Sorry Glen. Using Jesus and your twisted religion to push your corporate handler's agenda is not going to get you closer to the front of the Going to See Jesus bus.

Hey Glen? Where are the soccer balls for all the orphans we have created in the Middle East over the past decade? I get it Christian=Give a shit, Muslim=Meh, their daddies should not have been terrorists. Innocence in children only apply if they match your brand of Sky Avenger? Hmmmm....

I guess you can tell I don't fall for the fake give a shits like this sobbing for Jesus fool produces regularly....right about the time his ratings start to slide.
You should be banned for how stupid this post is.

Ender
07-09-2014, 10:16 AM
You should read this then...

What Happens When The Church Is Not Free?
http://www.thewelloflivingwater.com/blog/

What's with all the hatred of the poor- especially those brown-skin heathens, while wanting to tax to death everyone (especially those that give regularly to the poor) which is the antithesis of freedom?

Yeah! Let's chalk up more anti-freedom laws while claiming to be freedom-lovers!!!

If Beck is using charity, God speed- it is no skin of your nose. And I can't stand Beck.

donnay
07-09-2014, 10:39 AM
What's with all the hatred of the poor- especially those brown-skin heathens, while wanting to tax to death everyone (especially those that give regularly to the poor) which is the antithesis of freedom?

Yeah! Let's chalk up more anti-freedom laws while claiming to be freedom-lovers!!!

If Beck is using charity, God speed- it is no skin of your nose. And I can't stand Beck.

That's it, Beck is using the charity of good people to foster this insanity. Again, Charity begins at home.

This will only usher in internment camps and people will gleefully call for it. This is a false flag, plain and simple and Beck is the pied piper.

The handwriting is on the wall.

Anti Federalist
07-09-2014, 11:00 AM
When the velvet gloves comes off the enforcers' hands, which will most certainly happen, who gets punched in the face will tell you all you need to know about what this situation is all about, and just who the ruling class sees as the "enemy".

jllundqu
07-09-2014, 11:05 AM
There is nothing wrong with private charity. If beck were advocating amnesty or the like, I would be hootin and hollerin too. That is not the case here.

Good for Glenn. Sound to me like a few on RPF should open their hearts as well.

thoughtomator
07-09-2014, 11:34 AM

I'll give him TWO points for this.

One for aiding.

The other for abetting.

But we knew Beck was a Judas already, didn't we?

bunklocoempire
07-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Here's how wifey and myself like to help support Mexican children and their families... but, uh.. we open up our hearts and help them in Mexico.
Yeah, weird, I know.;) We're uppity WELS Lutherans, what can I say? :D

http://www.missiontothechildren.org/site/cpage.asp?sec_id=180011229&cpage_id=180036740
In addition to food and humanitarian aid, Mission to the Children donations help support two Mexican pastors and their families called to serve Iglesia Evangelica Lutherano Confessional (IELC) congregations in Altar, El Sasabe, and several other towns and outlying villages in Sonora, Mexico.

Mission to the Children is a grass roots organization run entirely by WELS laity. A volunteer board of directors is responsible for all organizational, financial and administrative decisions. Our goal is not to make the world a better place; our goal is to share the love of Christ with others. Humanitarian aid is a bridge for spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please join us as we serve others in love.

Not make the world a better place!? Whaaaaaaaa!? :eek:;)

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 12:38 PM
How nice of Glenn Beck to use taxpayer money to pull yet another publicity stunt. Everything Beck is doing/costing, will be written-off against the millions he brings in each year on his tax returns. If people are ignorant enough to give Glenn Beck money, that's their moronic problem, bit when Beck uses the tax codes to be reimbursed for his stunts, I and my family don't want to pay for it.

Surprised Beck hasn't started a foundation to completely avoid taxes on his wealth... of course while the rest of US have to pay for him and that.

Philhelm
07-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Children are so annoying that it's beyond me why anyone would actually want to feed the damned things.

Cleaner44
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
That's just it, it's NOT Glenn's money. He is tugging on the American heart strings to donate. While our very own country has children torn from their families and many go to bed hungry here. Believe me it is not some grand gesture on his part. A lot of the churches are luring this people up here--I am sure all 501 3c churches.

As long as it is just people spending their own money in a voluntary way, I am good with it. Your money is your to spend as you see fit. It is none of my business if you want to spend it on American kids, Mexican kids, Palestinian kids, Israeli kids, Canadian kids... whatever, it your money.

As long as Beck isn't asking the government to take your money or my money to give to these kids, I am good with it.

Voluntary = Good

Charity = Good

Force = Bad

Theft = Bad

I am a simple guy.

juleswin
07-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes, Glenn Beck is a world class a hole and backstabber. But why is so wrong with trying to provide some charity to who he want to provide it to? Wake me up when he starts calling for amnesty or advocating for asylum for these unfortunate people.

Kudos to him for his effort and I hope their stay in American will be made a bit more comfortable before their journey back home to be reunited with their families.

juleswin
07-09-2014, 12:59 PM
How nice of Glenn Beck to use taxpayer money to pull yet another publicity stunt. Everything Beck is doing will be written-off against the millions he brings in each year. If people are ignorant enough to give Gleen Beck money that their moronic problem, bit when Beck uses the tax codes to be reimbursed for his stunts, I and my family don't want to pay for it.

Surprised Beck hasn't started a foundation to completely avoid taxes on his wealth... of course while the rest of US have to pay for him.

I thought taxation was theft and it was his (as a taxpayer) money regardless of the govt taking custody of it for a few months? Do what the fuck you want to do with it, it shouldn't be anyone's business but yours.

Brian4Liberty
07-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Good for Glenn. Sound to me like a few on RPF should open their hearts as well.

We have thousands upon thousands needy kids who live in Appalachia and our inner cities. While I appreciate his generosity, I don't think we can get emotionally roped into this.

Come on. Open your heart. It's for the children, you heartless bastard!!! ;)

The whole point of this manufactured crisis is to use the children as emotional leverage. Charity is fine, but playing right into their hands only furthers their agenda. And someone needs to tell Beck that 13-17 year olds don't want his teddy bears.

Valli6
07-09-2014, 01:13 PM
According to politico, it's not just Beck doing this - he will be going as part of a group that includes Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Louis Gohmert and assorted "faith leaders". Not sure if Beck is the one that arranged for this to happen (?).

The conservative commentator said Tuesday evening that he will travel to McAllen, Texas, on July 19 with Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) and faith leaders to administer aid to some of the recent influx of children that have crossed the border.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/glenn-beck-to-help-immigrants-border-crisis-108697.html?hp=r11

William Tell
07-09-2014, 01:24 PM
This whole 'unaccompanied alien children' thing is just a government and media propaganda stunt. The border needs to be sealed right now. No matter what the open boarders crowd says, when these illegals become citizens they will vote for democrats up and down. I don't have a problem with private charity, or America accepting legitimate refuges. But they should not become citizens unless they understand and support the Constitution. I see no peaceful solution if amnesty happens, unless liberty lovers step up and start having a bunch of children.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
I thought taxation was theft and it was his (as a taxpayer) money regardless of the govt taking custody of it for a few months? Do what the fuck you want to do with it, it shouldn't be anyone's business but yours.This is the paradox... progressive tax system designed to give wealth the welfare that truly counts... while middles classes get screwed... just like that bullshit AMT garbage that only targeted the $100K-$500K earners. There's a reason why the tax code is over 74,000 pages, impossible to understand. It doesn't take a rocket scientist a the dinner to realize the government has thrown them overboard 50 years ago and just use the middle and poor classes as milk cows.

I would like to see Beck's and his business tax returns... let's see how much government taxed him and then gave him back. If this "CON MAN" didn't receive such preferential treatment in refunds... I wonder how much this so-called "Good Hearted" Beck would be showing up around the country and donating shit for publicity stunts, if all the expenses had to come out of his pocket.

Dianne
07-09-2014, 01:49 PM

Points for what? This is a completely orchestrated event, brought to you by the governments of the U.S., Mexico, etc. There is no way in hell these kids could have made it the United States alone unless the governments were all complicit in bringing them here. Homeland Security was unlocking and opening the gates. ICE employees have been put on paid leave.

Glenn Beck is CIA. I have mentioned that before on these forums, and now his true colors are finally beginning to show.

Valli6
07-09-2014, 02:00 PM
This whole 'unaccompanied alien children' thing is just a government and media propaganda stunt.
Honestly, if it's all children, or even mothers with children, why did ICE put out that bid for all the giant underwear?

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency has put out a bid for 42,000 pairs of white 100-percent-cotton men’s briefs — and are in desperate need of super-sizes like 4,800 size “2X-Large,” 4,800 “3X-Large” and “4X-Large,” and 3,600 “5X-Large.”

The nation’s elastic border is stretching even further. The ICE officials say they also need 2,400 pairs of “6X-Large” underwear — a garment that retailers say can fit someone weighing as much as 500 pounds.

The contract solicitation, requiring delivery within 30 days, was posted June 5.

The items need to be delivered to El Paso, Texas, right at the belly of a wave of illegal immigration.

“We have to accommodate all varieties of sizes since we encounter a global population,” ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok told The Post...

http://nypost.com/2014/06/24/us-elastic-border-stretching-with-overweight-migrants/

devil21
07-09-2014, 02:06 PM
So their "free stuff" starts the moment they cross the border and it's handed to them by people in our media supposedly concerned about border security?

When you subsidize something you only get more of it.

specsaregood
07-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Children are so annoying that it's beyond me why anyone would actually want to feed the damned things.

dunno, mine is pretty entertaining and just hit the starting to get useful stage.

Feeding the Abscess
07-09-2014, 02:24 PM

I agree that the welfare state should be ended.

To start that process, you should be laid off.

FloralScent
07-09-2014, 02:28 PM

I have an irresistible biological urge to feed my own. Other people's kids?....meh

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
I'll wait for 'We Are The World for USA' Aid song... I can only imagine the lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDY8ce_3zk

dannno
07-09-2014, 02:52 PM

Many of their families are here.

Philhelm
07-09-2014, 03:11 PM
dunno, mine is pretty entertaining and just hit the starting to get useful stage.

50?

Slave Mentality
07-09-2014, 03:14 PM
You should be banned for how stupid this post is.

I should be banned for stating an opinion on a liberty minded website? You should be banned for being a dick. Sorry to hurt your feelings cupcake.

nobody's_hero
07-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Interesting.

He's off his bipolar medications again. Only way I can explain it.

ONUV
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
soccer? THIS IS AMERICA, DAMMIT. WE PLAY REAL FOOTBALL.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 03:46 PM
How come Glenn Beck isn't handing out tortillas and cerveza... everyone most be famish/thirsty from their long journey?

Glenn Beck's past of, bitching about handouts and free stuff, now does the exact same thing... I never had Soccerball, tastes like...

Anyone keeping a tab to bill the countries of origin?

P3ter_Griffin
07-09-2014, 04:18 PM

Make sure you ask donnay before you make any donations. If donnay don't think its important, than it aint real charity!

P3ter_Griffin
07-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Where do I send the soccer balls and food? Help donnay people!!

brandon
07-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Pretty noble of him to do this. Im down with it.

P3ter_Griffin
07-09-2014, 04:27 PM
How nice of Glenn Beck to use taxpayer money to pull yet another publicity stunt. Everything Beck is doing/costing, will be written-off against the millions he brings in each year on his tax returns. If people are ignorant enough to give Glenn Beck money, that's their moronic problem, bit when Beck uses the tax codes to be reimbursed for his stunts, I and my family don't want to pay for it.

Surprised Beck hasn't started a foundation to completely avoid taxes on his wealth... of course while the rest of US have to pay for him and that.

OMG! Using tax breaks?! What a devil. Hey, your welcome for you salary while you served the USAF. Did you get to create any orphans?

erowe1
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
How come Glenn Beck isn't handing out tortillas and cerveza... everyone most be famish/thirsty from their long journey?

Thread title: "...hot meals..."

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 05:18 PM
OMG! Using tax breaks?! What a devil. Hey, your welcome for you salary while you served the USAF. Did you get to create any orphans?It well beyond that... it's not tax breaks, it's Debt, currency devaluation and inflation, which hurt the middle & poor classes the most. Where in the US Constitution does it state Glenn Beck gets to writeoff millions in expenses to showboat for his own gain? Quit getting welfare for crony corporatists and self profiteers with the permission of the state giving you back a little of your stolen money. The Zionist tax code, 16th Amendment/IRS are to impoverish the middle and poor classes and to reward the wealth/power/control class. If I had Becks Blaze tax returns, I bet his business is paying a 1/3 of what most of the middle class is paying

As for my USAF "Serving"... that's National Defense of the nation called for by the founders. I haven't read about the government rewarding hypocritical media clowns who hand out soccer balls and food in the founder's documents. Enlighten us.

Thread title: "...hot meals..." Could of sworn the title was just "Soccer Balls and Teddy Bears" then edited...

Anyhoo... If Beck was so concern since this crisis/invasion has been going on for a couple weeks, why the fuck is the media clown waiting until July 19th to show up in McAllen, TX to feed the illegals? They're hungry now, not 2 weeks from now. It's just the usually BS games these CON MEN in political Kabuki Theater play.

Feeding the Abscess
07-09-2014, 05:22 PM
It well beyond that... it's not tax breaks, it's Debt, currency devaluation and inflation, which hurt the middle & poor classes the most. Where in the US Constitution does it state Glenn Beck gets to writeoff millions in expenses to showboat for his own gain? Quit getting welfare for crony corporatists and self profiteers with the permission of the state giving you back a little of your stolen money. The Zionist tax code, 16th Amendment/IRS are to impoverish the middle and poor classes and to reward the wealth/power/control class. If I had Becks Blaze tax returns, I bet his business is paying a 1/3 of what most of the middle class is paying

As for my USAF "Serving"... that's National Defense of the nation called for by the founders. I haven't read about the government rewarding hypocritical media clowns who hand out soccer balls and food in the founder's documents. Enlighten us.

Doesn't matter if the founders called for national defense. It's still socialism, and you were still paid with stolen funds. Beck is lessening the theft against him.

One is bad, and one is much better than the other.

Cutlerzzz
07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/07/08/Glenn-Beck-to-Bring-Soccer-Balls-Hot-Meals-to-Illegals-We-Must-Open-Our-Hearts

Give them footballs, not soccer. It might help them assimilate.

Vanguard101
07-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I should be banned for stating an opinion on a liberty minded website? You should be banned for being a dick. Sorry to hurt your feelings cupcake.
Yes you should be banned for your stupidity on a liberty minded website. Anyone criticizing Beck or anyone helping these illegals voluntarily are as bad as the people criticizing Rand for helping blacks in Kentucky. You all are dickheads for it.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Doesn't matter if the founders called for national defense. It's still socialism, and you were still paid with stolen funds. Beck is lessening the theft against him.

One is bad, and one is much better than the other.Beck isn't lessening the theft against him, the tax code is designed to give him more wealth and take less. Not just Beck, but GE, Facebook, take your pick... it doesn't matter. The system is design to reward some and steal more from others. It's not even a balanced budget, which means the millions going to Glenn Becks writeoffs are deficit borrowed... taxing the innocent even more with currency deflation, and product inflation. Beck is passing off to the people that can't write off the burden as he has been given the privilege.

Stolen Fund Defense? At least I have something in common with Ron Paul... and like him, volunteered my spare time, effort, expertise, to the needy for free.

Feeding the Abscess
07-09-2014, 05:51 PM
If you were drafted, you were still paid with stolen funds, but under the threat of coercion. If you volunteered, you joined of your own volition.

Beck is avoiding theft against him. I really don't know what's hard to understand about this. You speak about him avoiding taxes as if it's causing debt, yet somehow reject that your pay was entirely done with deficit financing. This is mental gymnastics, and it's kind of embarrassing. Humorous, but embarrassing.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
If you were drafted, you were still paid with stolen funds, but under the threat of coercion. If you volunteered, you joined of your own volition.

Beck is avoiding theft against him. I really don't know what's hard to understand about this. You speak about him avoiding taxes as if it's causing debt, yet somehow reject that your pay was entirely done with deficit financing. This is mental gymnastics, and it's kind of embarrassing. Humorous, but embarrassing.How about everyone pay 15% and no privileges to anyone. or I'll take the exact tax rate that Beck is paying....

Feeding the Abscess
07-09-2014, 05:58 PM
How about everyone pay 15% and no privileges to anyone.

It's not a privilege to work to find a way out from under the boot of the State. It's a relief. Additionally, 15% would create a huge tax increase for a significant portion of working people. Pick the lowest net tax rate that people pay, and go with that. As a compromise from eliminating taxation altogether.

As far as game theory and the way political maneuvering works, however, arguing for the compromised position is a losing proposition. If you negotiate from the compromised position, you aren't going to get whatever it is you're grandstanding for; let alone the results you truly want.

Example: if you want a dollar, and you're engaged in a back and forth, you don't start your position at a dollar. Or at 75 cents.

Slave Mentality
07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Yes you should be banned for your stupidity on a liberty minded website. Anyone criticizing Beck or anyone helping these illegals voluntarily are as bad as the people criticizing Rand for helping blacks in Kentucky. You all are dickheads for it.

Most of us in here are not opposed to any individuals or charities going down there to help out with the latest media (aided by propoganda.gov) distraction that you are all the sudden pasionate about Mrs. Emotional Reaction. People have used kids since time to manipulate the masses. You don't remember how these jackoff have done the exact same thing time and time again. I would prefer to be a dickhead than to support anything that Glenn Beck would be involved in. Cops that beat the shit out of homeless guys give to charities too. In cases like this I will dismiss the whole individual no matter what "good" they do, but hey, compromise your beliefs because a scam artist cries in your internet.

And you are so , so weak sauce for trying to bring race into it. You don't have a clue what nationality I am you dolt. Wander to Huffington Post much?

DamianTV
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
... 'We Must Open Our Hearts'

... and your Wallets, and give them your Jobs, and work hard to School them, give them Welfare, dont expect anything from them, and allow your standards to be lowered so you accept anyone who wants what you have to take what you got.

Cutlerzzz
07-09-2014, 07:28 PM
ITT: Tax breaks are taking other people's money through government, working for the military isn't, and voluntary charity is bad.

Carlybee
07-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Mr. Compassion didn't have much when he was salivating over the Iraq war.

Rothbardian Girl
07-09-2014, 08:06 PM
What strikes me about a good portion of responses on this topic is that most or all are not discussing the role US intervention plays in driving the migration. The US gov't spends untold amounts of money and time trying to combat drug cartels and leftist insurgent groups in Latin America by bolstering the security forces in these countries, which then brutally strike against civilian populations - something I thought many of the police brutality monitors on these forums would recognize immediately.

So, I know several of you are going to say it's pie-in-the-sky to say the focus should be on critiquing US empire-building, but it's just as pie-in-the-sky to expect to stem the tide without addressing the root causes of this situation. It's least of all the fault of the people who are fleeing abusive, US-backed police forces in their home countries.

The nitpick I have with Beck on this is that he's probably not going to address any of this - he's still a cheerleader for the drug war, last time I checked. He's certainly not doing anything wrong here, though.

Most of the immigrants are streaming in from Central America... good article on Obama's actions in conjunction with the Honduran regime here: http://www.thenation.com/article/167994/honduras-which-side-us?rel=emailNation

Dianne
07-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Pretty noble of him to do this. Im down with it.

Give your money to help this noble cause .. In my view, there should be only three options.. Option 1 - the $4 billion should come out of the relief funds we send Mexico each year ..... or 2) The Homeland Security Budget ... or 3) private donations from bleeding hearts like yourself ... Don't make me pay for something I don't believe in... Obama calls Central American children the future of our U.S. I believe my children and American children are the future of the U.S.

SO YOU GIVE !!!!! GIVE IT DEEP AND HARD and don't tax me for a dime of it ... Don't call on me to fund your whim !!!!! You pay to play.

erowe1
07-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Obama calls Central American children the future of our U.S. I believe my children and American children are the future of the U.S.

These kids, if they stay, would be American children, just as much as your kids are.

DamianTV
07-09-2014, 08:29 PM
These kids, if they stay, would be American children, just as much as your kids are.

Maybe if they self-identified as Americans, not Country of Origin. There are a lot of self-identified "Mexicans" that were born in this country to parents that did immigrate from Mexico. There are also people that do have various origins, but self-identify as Americans as well.

PierzStyx
07-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Interesting.

I generally think Beck is a decent person, who is wrong about half his political opinions. I feel like sometimes we tend to lose sight of the fact that most people are good people who have been deceived more than anything else.

PierzStyx
07-09-2014, 09:04 PM
... and your Wallets, and give them your Jobs, and work hard to School them, give them Welfare, dont expect anything from them, and allow your standards to be lowered so you accept anyone who wants what you have to take what you got.

Get rid of the welfare state. Then if you can't compete, well you don't have a right to either a job or a certain wage. Immigration is a boon in a capitalist society.

cajuncocoa
07-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Make sure you ask donnay before you make any donations. If donnay don't think its important, than it aint real charity!
Or, maybe she's just giving her opinion....just like you're giving yours. ;)

CPUd
07-09-2014, 09:52 PM
this-thread-delivers.jpg

devil21
07-09-2014, 10:27 PM
I generally think Beck is a decent person, who is wrong about half his political opinions. I feel like sometimes we tend to lose sight of the fact that most people are good people who have been deceived more than anything else.

When you're paid millions, you do what you're told. Beck's history is so all-over-the-map that he can only be someone that is following orders as they come in. There's literally no continuity to his opinions and they change like the wind.

P3ter_Griffin
07-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Or, maybe she's just giving her opinion....just like you're giving yours. ;)

;) Maybe I was a lil grouchy after reading people bash an individual for being charitable. But this stuff really perturbs me, as it flies in the face of what many of us advocate as a benefit of freedom, that individuals acting on what they see as important will generally lead to better outcomes than individuals acting on what someone else sees as important. There is nothing wrong with feeding needy immigrants and there is nothing wrong with feeding needy born and bred Americans, but, in my opinion I suppose, I do see something wrong with the insinuation that because a person didn't help the people an individual sees as more deserving of the help that the action is less good. I mean, he filled a couple trailers full of goods!! I can only hope I get myself into a position where I could do likewise someday.

Feeding the Abscess
07-10-2014, 12:29 AM
What strikes me about a good portion of responses on this topic is that most or all are not discussing the role US intervention plays in driving the migration. The US gov't spends untold amounts of money and time trying to combat drug cartels and leftist insurgent groups in Latin America by bolstering the security forces in these countries, which then brutally strike against civilian populations - something I thought many of the police brutality monitors on these forums would recognize immediately.

So, I know several of you are going to say it's pie-in-the-sky to say the focus should be on critiquing US empire-building, but it's just as pie-in-the-sky to expect to stem the tide without addressing the root causes of this situation. It's least of all the fault of the people who are fleeing abusive, US-backed police forces in their home countries.

The nitpick I have with Beck on this is that he's probably not going to address any of this - he's still a cheerleader for the drug war, last time I checked. He's certainly not doing anything wrong here, though.

Most of the immigrants are streaming in from Central America... good article on Obama's actions in conjunction with the Honduran regime here: http://www.thenation.com/article/167994/honduras-which-side-us?rel=emailNation

Worth a quote so it can be read again.

devil21
07-10-2014, 02:06 AM
I'll wait for 'We Are The World for USA' Aid song... I can only imagine the lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDY8ce_3zk

What in the world would a 'We Are The World' look like today? Some comedic potential there.

Weston White
07-10-2014, 02:47 AM
Oh sure bring in a “tractor” with a “trailer” full of soccer balls for the little poor dark skinned children. I don’t suppose the teddy bears are actually pinatas? What are you planning on feeding them Beck, tamales and fried beans on corn tortillas?

How about we instead focus on why this is happening, who is actually responsible for shipping in thousands of children into the United States out of the blue and why is nobody at the border noticing trains and whatnot packed with children hanging from the rooftops? Just you go and try hopping on a train, let’s see how far you actually get before federal railroad police haul you away in handcuffs.

This entire thing sounds like a DOJ Fast and Furious, except it is being operated in reverence and involves people.

And what is it with that order for tens-of-thousands of size 6XL undies? I seriously what to know what that was all about.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-10-2014, 05:36 AM

They wouldn't be U.S. citizens.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/09/Beck-Doubles-Down-Conservatives-Only-Look-Like-They-Just-Want-Judgment

He also stated that “all of us have been involved” in creating the crisis on the southern border, for electing pro-open borders candidates, arguing “we put them into Congress, we put them into the Senate and we put them in as the president we have done it for forty years.”

Beck is not wrong about that. The voters have been putting idiots into Congress for a long time now, and those morons allowed this immigration mess to happen. Too many of them are under the unholy influence of the Chamber of Commerce.

HOLLYWOOD
07-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Oh sure bring in a “tractor” with a “trailer” full of soccer balls for the little poor dark skinned children. I don’t suppose the teddy bears are actually pinatas? What are you planning on feeding them Beck, tamales and fried beans on corn tortillas?

How about we instead focus on why this is happening, who is actually responsible for shipping in thousands of children into the United States out of the blue and why is nobody at the border noticing trains and whatnot packed with children hanging from the rooftops? Just you go and try hopping on a train, let’s see how far you actually get before federal railroad police haul you away in handcuffs.

This entire thing sounds like a DOJ Fast and Furious, except it is being operated in reverence and involves people.

And what is it with that order for tens-of-thousands of size 6XL undies? I seriously what to know what that was all about.Government never makes a move without a plan... this crisis was manufactured and incited well before it made it to the public airwaves. 7 months ago...

http://weaselzippers.us/190573-government-advertised-in-january-for-escorts-for-65000-illegal-alien-children-to-be-resettled/

Government Advertised In JANUARY For “Escorts” For 65,000 Illegal Alien Children To Be “Resettled” (http://weaselzippers.us/190573-government-advertised-in-january-for-escorts-for-65000-illegal-alien-children-to-be-resettled/)

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/10492261_10152827798206729_2617652620046959548_n-550x366.jpg (http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/10492261_10152827798206729_2617652620046959548_n.j pg)
This particular ad ran in FedBizOpps (https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=c6d7c0050b912fbc917a46d6709d38bd&tab=core&tabmode=list&=s=opportunity&mode=form&id=c6d7c0050b912fbc917a46d6709d38bd&tab=core&tabmode=list&amp) in January with RFI for “Escorts” for 65,000 unaccompanied alien children.
This is the relevant description: (https://www.fbo.gov/index?tab=documents&tabmode=form&subtab=core&tabid=ad27b9e186f9075af7add5df7643db21)
Procurement Type: Request for Information (RFI)/Sources Sought
Title: Escort Services for Unaccompanied Alien Children
Classification Code: V- Transportation/Travel/Relocation
NAICS code: 561612
Primary POC: Rachel Ali, Contract Specialist/ [email protected] (http://www.cloudflare.com/email-protection)
Secondary POC: Tony Ross, Contracting Officer/ [email protected] (http://www.cloudflare.com/email-protection)
A. Introduction
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), has a continuing and mission critical responsibility for accepting custody of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) from U.S. Border Patrol and other Federal agencies and transporting these juveniles to Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) shelters located throughout the continental United States. ICE is seeking the services of a responsible vendor that shares the philosophy of treating all UAC with dignity and respect, while adhering to standard operating procedures and policies that allow for an effective, efficient, and incident free transport. The Contractor shall provide unarmed escort staff, including management, supervision, manpower, training, certifications, licenses, drug testing, equipment, and supplies necessary to provide on-demand escort services for non-criminal/non-delinquent unaccompanied alien children ages infant to 17 years of age, seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year. Transport will be required for either category of UAC or individual juveniles, to include both male and female juveniles. There will be approximately 65,000 UAC in total: 25% local ground transport, 25% via ICE charter and 50% via commercial air. Escort services include, but are not limited to, assisting with: transferring physical custody of UAC from DHS to Health and Human Services (HHS) care via ground or air methods of transportation (charter or commercial carrier), property inventory, providing juveniles with meals, drafting reports, generating transport documents, maintaining/stocking daily supplies, providing and issuing clothing as needed, coordinating with DHS and HHS staff, travel coordination, limited stationary guard services to accommodate for trip disruptions due to inclement weather, faulty equipment, or other exigent circumstances. In emergency situations, the Contractor shall be called on to provide temporary shelter locations (such as trailers) with shower facilities for juveniles who are pending placement with HHS when bed space is unavailable nationwide for extended periods of time. The Contractor shall provide temporary guard services and other support as necessary during these emergencies.

LibertyEsq
07-10-2014, 07:25 AM
I don't really have any problem with this. Beck can do what he wants with his own money and time. If he donated to a charity that gives its benefits overseas (say, doctors without borders), people wouldn't be complaining...

Carlybee
07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
I don't care what he does but not blind to the why either. If he was only interested in being charitable he could make a donation or have these items delivered rather than planning a media event out of it. I'm sure we shall see a tear or two roll down his cheek...on camera.

erowe1
07-10-2014, 08:28 AM

What are you getting at here?

If these were black kids would you be talking about fried chicken and watermelon?

And why the quotation marks?

Ender
07-10-2014, 09:30 AM
I don't really have any problem with this. Beck can do what he wants with his own money and time. If he donated to a charity that gives its benefits overseas (say, doctors without borders), people wouldn't be complaining...

In absolute agreement.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2014, 09:34 AM

Since you love Marco Rubio, you should be all for government welfare. lol

LibertyEagle
07-10-2014, 09:38 AM
On July 19, Beck will travel to McAllen, Texas, because he believes Americans must "open our hearts" to the illegal immigrant children who have been unlawfully entering the country.

Nope. Sorry. Are you going to pay for all of them Beck? If not, shut your trap.

jllundqu
07-10-2014, 11:17 AM

-rep

Namecalling and calls for banning due to a difference of opinion are cowardly. Fight for your ideas with better ideas, not namecalling and requesting censorship.

Vanguard101
07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Most of us in here are not opposed to any individuals or charities going down there to help out with the latest media (aided by propoganda.gov) distraction that you are all the sudden pasionate about Mrs. Emotional Reaction. People have used kids since time to manipulate the masses. You don't remember how these jackoff have done the exact same thing time and time again. I would prefer to be a dickhead than to support anything that Glenn Beck would be involved in. Cops that beat the shit out of homeless guys give to charities too. In cases like this I will dismiss the whole individual no matter what "good" they do, but hey, compromise your beliefs because a scam artist cries in your internet.

And you are so , so weak sauce for trying to bring race into it. You don't have a clue what nationality I am you dolt. Wander to Huffington Post much?

So you are a hypocrite and use fallacious arguments.

P3ter_Griffin
07-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Very good article. Not only limited to Obama, Hillary was also supportive of the regime, as the article says. If your searching for skeletons in Hillary's closet in preparation for 2016 read and bookmark this badboy!

“It’s scarier to meet up with five police officers on the streets than five gang members,”

hardrightedge
07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Glenn Beck wants to make movies...he bought a movie studio last year...
This a-hole will do or say anything to be accepted by libs before his films start production...

I really can't believe this bozo gets so much play on this forum...

Cutlerzzz
07-10-2014, 05:20 PM
-rep

Namecalling and calls for banning due to a difference of opinion are cowardly. Fight for your ideas with better ideas, not namecalling and requesting censorship.

Deporting people at gun point is legit, but calling for banning someone on a private message board is wrong.

COpatriot
07-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Go to hell Beck.