PDA

View Full Version : lets clear some stuff up

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
forming a company, choosing the graphics that they did, and buying time in a timeshare are what they had to do to get around the campaign laws.

this can no way be connected to the official campaign, and cannot endorse ron paul for president, only get his name out.

maybe they could make new graphics later, maybe make the "who is ron paul?" side have the revolution logo too, but we need to get his name out there now and get people talking about him. and once again, we cannot endorse him for president.

however, if we were to do new graphics now it would delay the blimp, and we'd miss the teaparty. surely no one wants to have the blimp miss the teaparty.

if you buy advertising timeshare time, you will not get a refund. read the terms of service.

the blimp cannot fly 24 hours a day. therefor you cannot make your calculations based on 40,000 minutes / 60 minutes in a day / 24=27 days of flying time
this would get you over three months of flying time. we are limited to around 160 hours per month. crew needs rest time, and i'm sure the blimp needs maintenance.

lastly stop blaming grassroots for everything. i don't think its a bad design, and i personally really like it. most people don't know him yet, especially those who get all their news from the MSM. we all have the same goal, lets stick together and get this done. everyone will know who ron paul is if we will work together.

cero
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for clearing the air man.
that makes sense.

ChrisV
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Well said. I totally agree.

colecrowe
12-01-2007, 06:28 PM
if you buy advertising timeshare time, you will not get a refund. read the terms of service.

I am eager to pitch in my 200 dollars. BUT PLEASE tell me WHY is the company 'for profit'

AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY GET 200,000 DOLLARS, for instance?--that seems an incredibly reasonable and important question. Just answer it. I know it says nothing is refundable, I know. But I want to know what happens to the money if they don't get enough. If I get a definite answer, like "we'll spend it on billboards and ads" then I will donate my 200 now. Or they could say, "it is basically in escrow and it all gets refunded"--though I think that would be a logistical nightmare (though Google checkout is still doing 0% fees until New Years, right?)

There are only these few questions that seem really important. I don't want to hear conjecture--that's just silly. Somebody who knows, please answer.

And please (someone who actually knows) explain WHY the art can't be changed. Elaborate. It will only take 5 mins of your time to answer all these questions--I work over 2 days to make 200 dollars however so I don't think I am being rude or anything. I feel very in the dark, is all.

I AM very grateful to everyone involved in the Blimp thing, believe me. So I'm not being "like that"

1. Why is it 'for profit'
2. What happens to the money if we don't get near enough? (I think we will get enough, but just in case)

fredricko
12-01-2007, 06:39 PM
My understanding is that non-profit companies take significantly longer (months) to put together.

If less than $350,000 is raised, I assume, as long as initial costs are covered, the blimp will simply fly for less than 160 hours.

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I am eager to pitch in my 200 dollars. BUT PLEASE tell me WHY is the company 'for profit'

AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY GET 200,000 DOLLARS, for instance?--that seems an incredibly reasonable and important question. Just answer it. I know it says nothing is refundable, I know. But I want to know what happens to the money if they don't get enough. If I get a definite answer, like "we'll spend it on billboards and ads" then I will donate my 200 now. Or they could say, "it is basically in escrow and it all gets refunded"--though I think that would be a logistical nightmare (though Google checkout is still doing 0% fees until New Years, right?)

There are only these few questions that seem really important. I don't want to hear conjecture--that's just silly. Somebody who knows, please answer.

And please (someone who actually knows) explain WHY the art can't be changed. Elaborate. It will only take 5 mins of your time to answer all these questions--I work over 2 days to make 200 dollars however so I don't think I am being rude or anything. I feel very in the dark, is all.

I AM very grateful to everyone involved in the Blimp thing, believe me. So I'm not being "like that"

1. Why is it 'for profit'
2. What happens to the money if we don't get near enough? (I think we will get enough, but just in case)

even though you didn't want a guess, im still going to give you mine.
i heard that it is "for profit" because there are less legal issues with those and they can get around different things. it might also be that since its a time share it has to be "for profit" though i think its pretty safe to say they will not keep any profit.

and i dont think not getting enough money will be an issue. look at our grassroots community, we can rally together. but lets say we only get 200 grand before it takes off, im sure plenty more donations will come in once it is in the air. remember the owner is a ron paul supporter and will do everything he can for us.
lets all just rally together and get it done now! :D

seapilot
12-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I imagine for profit might be better for tax purposes and avoid FEC rules. I am sure there is a reason for that.

There will most likely be enough funds to make the blimp fly, but I agree if there is not maybe it can be donated to buying advertisments on TV or newspapers to support Ron Paul as a plan B would ease the fears of some that thier donations still further the cause for Dr. Paul.