PDA

View Full Version : Important Update on my Campaign

skfornh
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
For those of you who haven't been following my threads, you should know that the candidate filing period has ended. Apparently only three other Republicans filed for the four open seats; therefore, I fully expect to secure the GOP nomination by default.

I sat down with my team (fiscal agent and volunteer campaign managers plus the girlfriend and family) over the past couple days. Because of the makeup of my district (even Obama lost in ‘08 and ‘12), we agreed that the Republican candidates are the strong favorites to win the general election. The general race won’t exactly be a cakewalk, but I will be drastically scaling back the campaign. I have decided that my summer will be best spent at work full-time; campaigning on weekends and spending the money I've already raised on some "hands-off" methods that will not interfere with work, like direct mail and robocalls. Recall, I had been planning on taking the summer off to knock doors of prospective Republican primary voters.

I credit the campaign website, graphics, Facebook page, and especially the subforum with discouraging any newcomers from filing. Like I've said before, these are above and beyond what any other NH state rep candidate accomplishes over the course of an entire campaign. With all of the planning and preparing we did upfront, I'm sure that had an additional candidate filed our team could have carried me to victory in the primary.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED; THIS IS GOOD NEWS!

Shem

angelatc
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
This is GREAT news Shem!!!

Seriously - best news I've had all day.

William Tell
07-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Awesome, Shem, I guess you will need to decide how much money to spend before the primary. You want your base to know you, but it sounds like you can't really lose the primary now.:)

Keith and stuff
07-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Awesome, Shem, I guess you will need to decide how much money to spend before the primary. You want your base to know you, but it sounds like you can't really lose the primary now.:)

I agree completely with you. IMO, Shem should buy signs and put them out, not only near the polling locations, but at a very visible spots and supporters houses... or something different as long as he does a small amount of campaigning before the primary just to bring up name recognition. My guess is both towns don't have government run or forced trash collection so he could go to the local transfer station/dump on a couple Saturdays and campaign without having to miss work.

William Tell
07-07-2014, 01:31 PM
How many Dems, and or others are in the race?

EBounding
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Great news! Congrats! I think your race will be a good blueprint for others.

skfornh
07-07-2014, 02:03 PM
How many Dems, and or others are in the race?

There are four seats; four Republicans, including me, and four Democrats have filed.

Quick and dirty R vs. D in my district during strong D elections

McCain = 2,524 + 2,266 = 4,790
Obama = 1,853 + 1,827 = 3,680

Obama = 1,630 + 1,709 = 3,339
Romney = 2,691 + 2,387 = 5,078

Keith and stuff
07-07-2014, 02:07 PM
There are four seats; four Republicans, including me, and four Democrats have filed.

Quick and dirty R vs. D in my district during strong D elections

McCain = 2,524 + 2,266 = 4,790
Obama = 1,853 + 1,827 = 3,680

Obama = 1,630 + 1,709 = 3,339
Romney = 2,691 + 2,387 = 5,078
The numbers don't make sense to me. Please explain what the plus sign is for. Thanks.

skfornh
07-07-2014, 02:09 PM
sorry, my district is comprised of two towns. the plus sign stands for the arithmetic operation known as addition. i am taking the sum of votes for two towns

MichaelDavis
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
The numbers don't make sense to me. Please explain what the plus sign is for. Thanks.

The district Shem is running to represent is Rockingham 14. It is composed of two towns, Atkinson and Plaistow. He got those numbers by adding the vote totals in both towns together.