PDA

View Full Version : Report: Police kill family pet in USA every 98 minutes

green73
07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
via Drudge...

http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/07/hawthorne-police-dog.jpg

Why are police shooting so many family dogs?

A rash of animal shootings by police officers nationwide has law-enforcement agencies running for cover amid growing public outrage that could force state legislatures to require greater accountability from men and women in uniform.

Police in Utah shot a family’s dog while searching for a lost boy, prompting hundreds of pet owners to protest June 28 in front of the Salt Lake City Police Department headquarters. They carried signs demanding “justice for Geist,” a 110-pound Weimaraner shot by a city cop within the dog’s fenced-in back yard. The “missing” boy was later found sleeping in his home.

Watch video of the man whose dog, Geist, was killed by Salt Lake City Police:

State police in West Virginia shot a family’s dog June 24 as it was reportedly running away from them during a search for a suspect on adjoining property. Shots rang out even as the dog’s owner was screaming for officers to hold their fire and let her put her dog inside.

In Maryland, two Baltimore police officers were charged last week with animal cruelty after one of them allegedly held down Nala, a 7-year-old Shar-Pei, while the other slit the dog’s throat.

Richard Bruce Rosenthal, general counsel and co-founder of New York-based the Lexus Project, said police across the country are trending toward less tolerance and less respect for people’s pets, which he sees as part of a larger trend toward more aggressive policing tactics in America.

A pet is a person’s property, which should not be summarily executed for doing what dogs naturally do, which is to investigate unknown people or other dogs who approach their territory, he asserted.

[“Police State USA: How Orwell’s Nightmare is Becoming Our Reality,” marshals the terrifying evidence to show the world of Big Brother is much closer than we want to admit.]

“It is a growing problem and part of it is, post 9/11, our judicial system has basically trashed the Constitution under the mantle of security, and personal rights cease to exist,” Rosenthal told WND.

“All over the country we have cops shooting dogs for no other reason than they can. And our courts and our elected officials, rather than protecting the citizens and the Constitution, simply see it as a way to take more power and more money. I think it’s a civil-rights violation. I think it’s a constitutional violation.”

cont.
http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/police-take-horrific-action-every-98-minutes/

JK/SEA
07-07-2014, 10:09 AM
see Chris Cantwell's latest vid....

that is all...

Root
07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
OMFG, the stories posted here make me sick and it's only a small fraction of what is really happening.

tod evans
07-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Until we-the-people hold the DA's feet to the fire and make them accountable for their enforcement squads this will continue.

Sure the cops are aggressive and they're the ones doing the actual shooting but culpability for the behavior and failure to punish it falls squarely in the DA's lap.

Without the encouragement and complicity of lawyers building their personal scorecards these aggressive cops would be sidelined.

Anti Federalist
07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
I've been "on" this issue for a few years now.

I hope I have done some good in trying to get out in front of it.

Steam is being gained...

Root
07-07-2014, 01:08 PM
I've been "on" this issue for a few years now.

I hope I have done some good in trying to get out in front of it.

Steam is being gained...
You woke me up to it.

Dr.3D
07-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Are the cops doing unto others as they would like to be done unto?

amy31416
07-07-2014, 02:19 PM
At what rate are cops killing/shooting/beating people?

muh_roads
07-07-2014, 02:36 PM
You woke me up to it.

Same here.