PDA

View Full Version : Soon the government will hack your genitals

aGameOfThrones
07-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Future contraceptives will let women remote-control their fertility

Contraceptive implants are nothing new, but the current generation of progestogen-releasing devices need to be replaced every three years and have to be removed if you want to try for a baby. That may change soon, however, now that the Gates Foundation is backing a Massachusetts biotech company to build the next generation of implantable devices. MicroCHIPS Inc. is building a wirelessly controlled implant that slowly pumps out drugs and could, theoretically, only need replacing once every 16 years.

MicroCHIPS has been testing the "intelligent drug delivery system" with osteoporosis patients who would otherwise require a daily barrage of injections. Bill-and-Melinda Gates and MIT's Robert Langer, however, believe that the technology could solve the family planning crisis that exists in the world's poorest countries. Reservoirs of levonogestrel, a contraceptive hormone would be kept inside the 1.5cm device, and could be activated and deactivated at the whims of the user with some sort of wireless device. Currently in the experimentation stage, the team hope to solve the issue of security -- to prevent anyone but the user controlling the system -- before submitting it for FDA approval at some point in the near future.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/07/wireless-implant-microchips-gates-foundation/

Origanalist
07-07-2014, 08:26 AM
In before title change.

wizardwatson
07-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I have no doubt if this existed there would be a mad scramble to have the first iAbortion.

"Your friend has invited you to join iAbortion, click here to download." No doubt a free app.

This country is so far gone.

aGameOfThrones
07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I have no doubt if this existed there would be a mad scramble to have the first iAbortion.

"Your friend has invited you to join iAbortion, click here to download." No doubt a free app.

This country is so far gone.

With ads and in-app purchase feature

Working Poor
07-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Soon the government will hack your vagina

Not mine...

pcosmar
07-07-2014, 09:16 AM
In before title change.

I was surprised that the censored word was not removed already.

presence
07-07-2014, 09:19 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6528405504/hFFB59D35/

pcosmar
07-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Currently in the experimentation stage, the team hope to solve the issue of security -- to prevent anyone but the user controlling the system -- before submitting it for FDA approval at some point in the near future.

Seriously??

The people behind the world worst and most insecure Operating System. The people that are actively removing "User Control" from computer technology,,

Seriously??

jbauer
07-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Sweet, just imagine a country with a "one child rule" being able to gain access to each and every person's reproductive organs. I guess as long as you sign your user agreement...........................

FindLiberty
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Reservoirs of levonogestrel, a contraceptive hormone would be kept inside the 1.5cm device, and could be activated and deactivated at the whims of the user with some sort of wireless device.

Wireless, hmmm. Does it just start to vibrate on a whim, or only when it's empty (in order to signal the user that it's time for a medication refill)?

If that tracking feature can optically read a barcode tattoo as it slides past, does this mean all males will be soon required to get their tips inked with yet ANOTHER unique, state issued barcode number, or will all existing "Pee-ID" pre-paid urinal barcodes be compatible with this new contraception device?

Do ALL PARTIES, i.e., BOTH partners have to pre-register with the nsa in order to prevent accidental activation or deployment of the VARIOUS features (e.g., hi-Fidelity, Frappe-a-Rapist, Pimp-o-Matic and iAbortion etc.) that are pre-loaded into the device firmware?

JK/SEA
07-07-2014, 10:06 AM
haha...he said vagina...haha...

aGameOfThrones
07-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Sweet, just imagine a country with a "one child rule" being able to gain access to each and every person's reproductive organs. I guess as long as you sign your user agreement...........................

Imagine getting all types of infractions, imagine then getting your Pregnant privileges suspended. There will be a lot of back alley chipbortions.

donnay
07-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Another eugenicist agenda. Disgusting.

Dr.3D
07-07-2014, 10:39 AM
haha...he said vagina...haha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDqsgbtpDLk

Anti Federalist
07-07-2014, 11:11 AM
In before title change.

I did not make it...

wizardwatson
07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure 'hacking your genitals' makes this thread title any better.

Sounds like government wants to make us all eunuchs.

hack
verb
cut with rough or heavy blows.

Anti Federalist
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Another eugenicist agenda. Disgusting.

As with most enslaving technology these days, the worse it is, the faster Boobus will fall all over themselves to get their hands on it.

Look for this to be huge hit.

specsaregood
07-07-2014, 12:12 PM
./

aGameOfThrones
07-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Vagina>genitals

fisharmor
07-07-2014, 12:29 PM
What's the inherent problem with the V word?

acptulsa
07-07-2014, 12:35 PM

It's not PC for men to talk about. It's only PC for women to talk about. Sort of like the 'n word'.

Of course, women can talk about dicks all the time. After all, the First Amendment protects political speech, and political speech has become impossible without talking about dicks.

Paulbot99
07-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Well, this is something that's going to become the new norm in the next couple decades.

pcosmar
07-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Well, this is something that's going to become the new norm in the next couple decades.

Censorship?

Or eugenics?

Both have been around for some time.

Paulbot99
07-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Censorship?

Or eugenics?

Both have been around for some time.

More like this particular technology. I'm very much aware of the other two's existence.

Carlybee
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I say they make one for men. The little hole thingy can double as as USB port.

dancjm
07-07-2014, 04:00 PM
I have enough technical problems with my genitals as it is!

heavenlyboy34
07-07-2014, 04:12 PM

Perhaps it disturbs conservative types? :confused: I missed the original title... :/

DamianTV
07-07-2014, 04:56 PM
As with most enslaving technology these days, the worse it is, the faster Boobus will fall all over themselves to get their hands on it.

Look for this to be huge hit.

Lobotomy@Home

That would also be a huge hit, except that mind control through stupidification of the populus is just as effective as Lobotomies.