PDA

View Full Version : Informal NH lawn sign survey

jgmaynard
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
OK, so I had to ride around a few towns yesterday (Temple, Wilton, Milford, Nashua mostly) and I did a quick sign count.

Over 30 miles one way gave the following results:

Reps

Ron Paul 16
Mitt 9 (most were not on private property)
Huck 5 (4 were illegally placed in a single intersection)
Tancredo 4 (all 4 were illegally placed in a single intersection nearby Huck's)

Dems

Mike Gravel 6 (there's a guy in Nashua paying people to display them)
Obama 4
Chris Dodd 1

In short, my one day unscientific survey suggests...

WE ROCK!!!

JM

RonPaulJunkie
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Excellent unscientific survey! :D

Definitely a good sign.

All Paul's signs were residential?

jgmaynard
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Two of the 16 were placed illegally, but 14 were on private, residential property.

JM

margomaps
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
And here's my daily unscientific survey in the seacoast region:

1 Ron Paul sign (huge 4'x8')
1 Gravel sign (4'x8')
1 Kucinich (small)
1 Dodd (small)
2 Mitt signs (small ones)

NONE of these were placed in residential areas. The Paul and Gravel signs were placed in large fields that are probably private property. The rest were roadside signs.

I have to admit I was surprised to see that enormous Gravel sign. But yeah...there's some millionaire who's apparently backing Gravel and paying for a lot of this stuff.

rich34
12-01-2007, 06:20 PM
And here's my daily unscientific survey in the seacoast region:

1 Ron Paul sign (huge 4'x8')
1 Gravel sign (4'x8')
1 Kucinich (small)
1 Dodd (small)
2 Mitt signs (small ones)

NONE of these were placed in residential areas. The Paul and Gravel signs were placed in large fields that are probably private property. The rest were roadside signs.

I have to admit I was surprised to see that enormous Gravel sign. But yeah...there's some millionaire who's apparently backing Gravel and paying for a lot of this stuff.

It sounds like that Millionaire needs to get his head out of his hind end and support a real candidate like Ron Paul.

jgmaynard
12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
When did you make the tally? Did you just coincidentally do it, or was that a quick 9-minute runaround? :d

JM

chrismatthews
12-01-2007, 06:44 PM
heh, let me give you my informal survey from the street my home is on.

3 Ron Paul signs, including my own, and 0 for any other candidate. :)

margomaps
12-01-2007, 06:52 PM
When did you make the tally? Did you just coincidentally do it, or was that a quick 9-minute runaround? :d

JM

Every time I go out shopping or whatever, I always take a tally. I've posted more than one thread here about my tallies. They usually suck from the perspective of a Ron Paul fan, mostly because the seacoast is (IMO) dominated by Mass liberals.

european
12-01-2007, 07:33 PM
were there no rudy signs? :(

that would make rudy mad i guess :mad:

;):D

j6p
12-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Ron Paul will WIN new hampshire

jgmaynard
12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Today, I went on a couple roads that I was not on during yesterday's surveys, so with Peterborough, New Ipswich and Jaffrey in the mix, here are the updated totals:

Reps

Ron Paul 30 (26 on private property - real support)
Mitt 14 (most were not on private property)
Huck 5 (4 were illegally placed in a single intersection)
Tancredo 4 (all 4 were illegally placed in a single intersection nearby Huck's)
Rudy 3 (ALL illegally placed, 2 across the street from each other)
McCain 1

Dems

Mike Gravel 11 (there's a guy in Nashua paying people to display them)
Obama 8
Hillary 3 (2 were together)
Dennis KuWowIHaveAHotWifeich 2
Chris Dodd 1
Bill Richardson 1

The total is up to about 80 miles now, and I've been recording them with pen and paper. :D

JM

freestyl24
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM
<>

10thAmendmentMan
12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Small Survey. From house to job...about 5 miles. In Las Vegas

1 Legalize the constitution sign
2 Ron Paul R[evoL]ution sign

No other candidates...

Now get out to the only other population center in Nevada (Reno) and tell us what you see there. :)

freestyl24
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
<>

Geronimo
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
My job allows me to drive all over southern NH, all day long. So far, I've seen five signs for Rudy. Ron Paul is one of the only candidates using coroplast signs. Just about every other candidate uses the plastic bag on a wire type signs. These baggie type signs took a beating in yesterday's wind, meaning that a lot of them are bent in a certain direction. With ten inches of snow expected tonight and tomorrow, these baggie signs should be buried by tomorrow afternoon, while the Ron Paul signs continue to stand at attention. :D

JGMaynard, I'm willing to bet that my signs were some of the signs you saw yesterday.

jgmaynard
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
JGMaynard, I'm willing to bet that my signs were some of the signs you saw yesterday.

Sweet. TY.

I just had to move my big lawn sign on my yard yesterday for the snowstorm, otherwise it was gonna get knocked over by the first snowplow.
Now where I have to put it back up is on the other side of my house, not nearly as much traffic :( but everyone is doing 10 MPH on that part of that road, so we get additional time per driver. :)

JM

amjwh99
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I have about a 25 minute drive to school everyday here in New Haven County, Connecticut and there is only one sign up for a presidential candidate and thats for Ron Paul. :D

margomaps
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Updated seacoast report:

About 30 Kucinich and Tancredo (and to a lesser degree, Dodd) signs. The small ones, most were half blown over or covered in snow.

4 Mitt signs, in worse shape than the Kucinich/Tancredo signs.

1 giant Hillary sign.

1 giant Ron Paul sign, with holiday lights poked through from the back side -- very festive, very creative.

All signs except Hillary's and Paul's were along the road side or at intersections. The Hillary sign was at a business, and the Paul sign was at the same residence it's been at for months.

madcat033
12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Did you count my sign? Swing by newfields, NH and check out the 4' x 8' sign in front of my house!

margomaps
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Did you count my sign? Swing by newfields, NH and check out the 4' x 8' sign in front of my house!

I'll take your word for it. :D Are you off of 87 or 85 in Newfields?

I only hit Lee, Duram, Madbury, Barrington, and Dover this time around. The vast majority of the signs were at/around the Lee circle. I couldn't really even count them all -- I just guesstimated 30.

Geronimo
12-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I was right about the Huck and Mitt signs taking a beating. Saturday's wind combined with the snow helped to bury quite a few of them. I'm sure they'll be buried even deeper tomorrow, since the road crews have yet to plow the brake down lanes on a lot of roads.

On another note, it's a good thing that the campaign switched to the blue signs, because those white Hope for America signs are really hard to see in the snow.