PDA

View Full Version : We need mass immigration

alastair swanwick
07-04-2014, 03:56 PM
We have the highest aging population in the world

who will take care of them

tod evans
07-04-2014, 04:38 PM
The same fine folks who will "take care" of new immigrants...........Government employees..

You know the fastest growing "job" market in the US....

CaseyJones
07-04-2014, 04:50 PM
this traces back to a Netherlands IP

tod evans
07-04-2014, 04:55 PM

I'd happily ship over a few thousand government workers if they promised to keep them.......

luctor-et-emergo
07-04-2014, 04:58 PM
I'd happily ship over a few thousand government workers if they promised to keep them.......

No thanks. :rolleyes: Plenty here already.

tod evans
07-04-2014, 05:02 PM
No thanks. :rolleyes: Plenty here already.

Maybe we could get together and send 'em over to China?

Origanalist
07-04-2014, 05:09 PM

Is he lost????

Do you need some immigrants Alistair?

euphemia
07-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Hopefully they figured out a way to take care of themselves without relying on the taxes of workers. Drives me crazy when people ask for Senior Citizen discounts. Do you think it costs less to serve you? No, and besides being the one who serves you, I'm handing over a bout 30% of my check to you, too.

Brian4Liberty
07-06-2014, 11:30 AM

If the Netherlands are willing to pay for transportation and a reasonable finders fee, there is supposedly large numbers of young people that can be sent over there to take care of them.

acptulsa
07-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Japan has the most aged among their population, not the Netherlands.

They also have little room for, or patience with, immigrants.

euphemia
07-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Japan has the most aged among their population, not the Netherlands.

They also have little room for, or patience with, immigrants.

It's not like people can just walk across the border.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-07-2014, 12:33 AM
The same fine folks who will "take care" of new immigrants...........Government employees..

You know the fastest growing "job" market in the US....

You hit it on the head. I really think that healthcare is the last gasp industry for the U.S. The trouble is that it's not a good industry. My wife works in it, and I visit her facility quite a bit. You can't sustain an economy taking care of sick people.

How about their own families? I don't know about the Netherlands, but older people in the U.S. are just throwaway. I understand how the industrial revolution affected this, but people still made a conscious decision to abandon their parents by putting them in homes.

What really annoys me is when you take care of your own, and then somebody else expects you to take care of their family. They actually demand that you take care of their family in addition to you taking care of your own family. They shrewdly craft arguments about how "society" ignores the poor and elderly, but they are not willing to do anything personally. Nothing like somebody who is willing to care by spending your money. People like that really do disgust me.