PDA

View Full Version : The Five debate 2016, focus on Rand

Brian4Liberty
07-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Quite an interesting segment today on The Five (Fox News program). They discussed potential GOP candidates for President in 2016. They named the usual suspects, but what dominated the conversation was Rand Paul. Eric Bolling (GOP libertarian leaning) made the case for Rand, as well as Bob Beckel (Democrat) praising Rand's outreach and position on a number of issues. Neocon/neolib Greg Gutfeld led the attack on Rand, spewing the usual isolationist smear nonsense, with his two neoconservative cheerleaders (Dana Perino and Kimberly Guilfoyle) piping in a little bit. Gutfeld's whining display of tired neoconservative rhetoric won't be swaying anyone. As a matter of fact, his argument that the military is there to go kill people for him, was not only the definition of chicken hawk, the manipulative nature of it also started to become obvious. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but Gutfeld is fooling less people every day.

All in all, it seemed to be a win for Rand's side.

Best video so far (not complete segment):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP_XPkZQV5w

Vanguard101
07-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Eric Bolling is a libertarian? I thought that was a joke

jct74
07-04-2014, 07:01 PM
here's some video

Greg Gutfeld: Rand Paul is a CHILD on foreign policy

By The Right Scoop
Jul 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Greg Gutfeld said that Rand Paul has to grow up on foreign policy or he doesn’t stand a chance as a presidential candidate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP_XPkZQV5w

I couldn’t agree more with Gutfeld’s comments. While I don’t think Rand’s foreign policy is exactly like his father’s, I do think they are similar and feel Rand Paul isn’t nearly the hawk that America needs, especially in a time like this where the Middle East is exploding with terrorism and America’s military is far smaller than it should be.

Besides, anyone who thinks we should negotiate with Iran over their nuke issue shouldn’t be president.

http://therightscoop.com/greg-gutfeld-rand-paul-is-a-child-on-foreign-policy/

eleganz
07-04-2014, 07:49 PM
^^^^ he is the child, poll and poll and the last two presidential elections showed the people are tired of intervention.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-04-2014, 08:16 PM

Exactly this ... Lol

Gutfeld portrays himself as libertarian on some issues, too. Some ppl fall for it.

Vanguard101
07-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Has the video been uploaded yet?

Brett85
07-04-2014, 10:34 PM

He just said libertarian-leaning. He has become more libertarian in recent years. Not everyone is just born a libertarian.

Brett85
07-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Bolling is more libertarian than Gutfeld, and Gutfeld laughably calls himself a libertarian.

Shane Harris
07-04-2014, 10:37 PM
wow that guy with the glasses. just wow

Brian4Liberty
07-05-2014, 12:06 PM
wow that guy with the glasses. just wow

Yeah, Gutfeld, a foaming at the mouth chicken hawk.

Bastiat's The Law
07-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Gutfeld is perfectly free to book a one-way ticket to Iraq and go fight for Mosul if he chooses. Good luck buddy.

Brian4Liberty
07-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Gutfeld is perfectly free to book a one way ticket to Iraq and go fight for Mosul if he chooses. Good luck buddy.

But his whole point is that he wants to manipulate others to go fight for him. He isn't going to put himself at risk.

anaconda
07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
poll and poll and the last two presidential elections showed the people are tired of intervention.

Does this mean we can expect a false flag soon?

Shane Harris
07-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Does this mean we can expect a false flag soon?

I believe Dick Cheney recently warned us (threatened us) to be good neocons or suffer another 9-11

dillo
07-06-2014, 12:14 AM
What in the fuck does presence in the world mean?

economics102
07-06-2014, 12:52 AM
He doesn't know the first thing about terror. Once he reads the files, he will learn and he will grow up like everybody else does. Even Obama grew up.

Let me see if I follow Mr. Gutfeld's logic here. Apparently there are these classified files detailing the true level of threat this country faces from terrorists. Mr. Gutfeld has no knowledge of these files himself or what they contain, since he's just a TV talking head with no security clearance. But he's assuming by default, for reasons that defy articulation, that these files contain a perspective on terror threats so radically different than what is public knowledge that, were Rand Paul simply to read these files, he would suddenly transform into John McCain.

Seems to me you could justify absolutely anything under this logic. "If Rand Paul and the American people could simply see the classified briefings on Iran, they would agree we need to invade immediately and overthrow their government. What? Have I seen the briefings? No, but I just KNOW they contain compelling arguments for why we need to take them out."

He doesn't know the first thing about terror...Our military goes out and they kill so that we [peaceful squeamish civilians] don't have to."

That sounds great, all we have to do is keep on killin' and everything will be okay! I wish I knew as much about terror as Greg Gutfeld. I thought terrorism was when the relatives of the wedding party you scorched with a drone come to attack you, or maybe scorching the wedding party itself is terrorism, but apparently since none of us have read those files we can't have informed opinions to begin with and we should feel confident simply knowing that our military is out there killing someone.