PDA

View Full Version : Media Blackout on Ukraine?

Brian4Liberty
07-03-2014, 03:33 PM
What makes this story telling is the nearly complete US media blackout on the subject. Where is the hype and constant calls for action by US politicians and the media? Where is the 24x7 coverage? Who will stop this human tragedy? Who is behind these terrible crimes?

When it is a US backed regime that is killing it's own people, there's nothing to see here. Perhaps the US media is confused. One day a group are freedom fighters that need arms, money and US air support. The next day they are terrorists. A year later they are the greatest threat on the planet (ISIS). It's hard to keep the good guys and the bad guys straight anymore. But the lack of any kind of consistency in these matters is probably of no concern in mainstream media newsrooms, or in the dark corridors of power where John McCain is regularly slithering.

The Silence of American Hawks About Kiev’s Atrocities

The regime has repeatedly carried out artillery and air attacks on city centers, creating a humanitarian catastrophe—which is all but ignored by the US political-media establishment.

For weeks, the US-backed regime in Kiev has been committing atrocities against its own citizens in southeastern Ukraine, regions heavily populated by Russian-speaking Ukrainians and ethnic Russians. While victimizing a growing number of innocent people, including children, and degrading America’s reputation, these military assaults on cities, captured on video, are generating pressure in Russia on President Vladimir Putin to “save our compatriots.”

The reaction of the Obama administration—as well as the new cold-war hawks in Congress and in the establishment media—has been twofold: silence interrupted only by occasional statements excusing and thus encouraging more atrocities by Kiev. Very few Americans (notably, the independent scholar Gordon Hahn) have protested this shameful complicity. We may honorably disagree about the causes and resolution of the Ukrainian crisis, the worst US-Russian confrontation in decades, but not about deeds that are rising to the level of war crimes, if they have not already done so.
And yet, the Obama administration reacts with silence, and worse. Historians will decide what the US government and the “democracy promotion” organizations it funds were doing in Ukraine during the preceding twenty years, but much of Washington’s role in the current crisis has been clear and direct. As the Maidan mass protest against President Yanukovych developed last November-December, Senator John McCain, the high-level State Department policymaker Victoria Nuland and a crew of other US politicians and officials arrived to stand with its leaders, Tyahnybok in the forefront, and declare, “America is with you!” Nuland was then caught on tape plotting with the American ambassador, Geoffrey Pyatt, to oust Yanukovych’s government and replace him with Yatsenyuk, who soon became, and remains, prime minister.
How intimately involved US officials have been in Kiev’s “anti-terrorist operation” is not known, but certainly the administration has not been discreet. Before and after the military campaign began in earnest, CIA director John Brennan and Vice President Joseph Biden (twice) visited Kiev, followed, it is reported, by a continuing flow of “senior US defense officials,” military equipment and financial assistance to the bankrupt Kiev government. Despite this crucial support, the White House has not compelled Kiev to investigate either the Odessa massacre or the fateful sniper killings of scores of Maidan protesters and policemen on February 18–20, which precipitated Yanukovych’s ouster. (The snipers were initially said to be Yanukovych’s, but evidence later appeared pointing to opposition extremists, possibly Right Sector. Unlike Washington, the Council of Europe has been pressuring Kiev to investigate both events.)
Still more shameful, no American official at any level appears to have issued a meaningful statement of sympathy for civilian victims of the Kiev government, not even those in Odessa. Instead, the administration has been unswervingly indifferent. When asked if her superiors had “any concerns” about the casualties of Kiev’s military campaign, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki has repeatedly answered “no.” Indeed, at the UN Security Council on May 2, US Ambassador Samantha Power, referring explicitly to the “counterterrorism initiative” and suspending her revered “Responsibility to Protect” doctrine, gave Kiev’s leaders a US license to kill.
Much more:
http://www.thenation.com/article/180466/silence-american-hawks-about-kievs-atrocities

wizardwatson
07-03-2014, 03:43 PM
I posted pretty much same complaint couple days ago. Media blackout on these shellings.

I'm more worried about something bigger in the works. All this fear-mongering about bombs on planes, aka radicalized syrian militants with US passports coming here, and all this Houston crisis actors, border situation, etc....

.. has gotten me REALLY paranoid about July 4th celebrations.

Large crowds huddled together at night in every city in the US. Perfect for countrywide Mumbai style terror attack.

Plus in case anyone isn't connecting the dots, BRICS bank goes live July 15. They are getting ready to destroy the dollar. DOW closed record high today. If an attack occurs it will likely tank the markets.

I've been tin-foil hatted for like a week now. Very paranoid. I'll be in Kansas City and I won't be going to city fireworks display.

otherone
07-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I'll be in Kansas City and I won't be going to city fireworks display.

KANSAS CITY
http://www.korkedbats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Andy-Reid-Fat.jpg
STRONG