PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul own a firearm?

Shellshock1918
12-01-2007, 05:30 PM
I noticed when they asked the question "Does anyone not own a gun?" at the last debate, RP did not raise his hand, so I assume he owns one. However he doesn't seem like the carrying type, being that he's for non-violence and all. Can anyone that has maybe asked him confirm whether or not he owns a gun?

steph3n
12-01-2007, 05:55 PM
His security is packing :D

Dequeant
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
He's covered with integrity, and it's bullet-proof.

huchahucha
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't think it matters much. Even if he had 100 guns, once you reach a certain age I would think shooting anything other than a .22 just would not be all that enjoyable. There were only two people on that stage that I would guess could not operate a firearm if you handed it to them - Rudy and Romney.

Shellshock1918
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't think it matters much. Even if he had 100 guns, once you reach a certain age I would think shooting anything other than a .22 just would not be all that enjoyable. There were only two people on that stage that I would guess could not operate a firearm if you handed it to them - Rudy and Romney.

I know, I was just curious. If he did I'd be curious to know what he has.

RedLightning
12-02-2007, 03:14 AM
His security is packing :D

and supporters...(depending on what state)

Hope
12-02-2007, 03:22 AM
He grew up during the Depression. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a shotgun in the bedroom closet that he hopes he never has to use.

Sandra
12-02-2007, 09:00 AM
I'll bet he's armed to the teeth.

ConstitutionGal
12-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I noticed when they asked the question "Does anyone not own a gun?" at the last debate, RP did not raise his hand, so I assume he owns one. However he doesn't seem like the carrying type, being that he's for non-violence and all. Can anyone that has maybe asked him confirm whether or not he owns a gun?

I'm for non-violence too but, if you mess with me to the point that I feel threatened, you're liable to get shot! BIG difference in favoring non-violence and being totally passive.

Joey Wahoo
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd be willing to make a large wager that RP exercises his 2nd Amendment rights. I'd be surprised if he doesn't carry.

Kregener
12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I find it very strange that you equate owning and/or carrying firearms with violence.

WTF...?

tamor
12-10-2007, 03:07 PM
This is part one of the video of Dr. Pal in a gun shop in NH. I think he said he has never had a gun - listen and see what you think.

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-neGuWRefU

entwife
12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Ron Paul has such a large family with varying ages, he probably didn't own one due to the fact that even though it's important to protect your family, sometimes people feel like having firearms in the house are too dangerous with young children around. I don't wish to argue about lockboxes and education of firearms, etc... I know all of that, and most people are wise enough to both keep the guns away from children and teach them about the dangers.

However tragedies do happen even under the best of circumstances. It's just a personal choice, just because he supports one's right to own one doesn't mean he has to make that same choice for himself.

TimLogsdon
12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
If he wanted a firearm, I'd be happy to give him one of mine. I've already sold 3 of my guns so that I could afford to donate to his campaign.

Fox McCloud
12-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I wonder why he didn't raise his hand then? (I often wonder why he didn't raise his hand during the evolution question too).

*shrug* maybe he didn't hear them, or he didn't want to say?

Or maybe he bought a gun XD.

pdavis
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I wonder why he didn't raise his hand then? (I often wonder why he didn't raise his hand during the evolution question too).

*shrug* maybe he didn't hear them, or he didn't want to say?

Or maybe he bought a gun XD.

Or maybe because it's none of their business.

SWATH
12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
He stated that he owns a few in a recent interview, although he does not hunt he only owns them for self-defense.

Ron Paul Calls to Abolish the ATF Presidential candidate Ron Paul's address to this year's GRPC (Gun Rights Policy Conference), called for abolishing the federal gun police, the ATF. "I don't even like the ATF," Paul said. I'm not looking ... to enforce these laws ... that I don't even believe in." The news story also noted that, while Paul admits "I don't pretend I hunt and shoot guns a lot," he does own a few and his commitment is philosophical and Constitutional: "My issue is the political reality and the importance of the Second Amendment for defending one's self against all forms of danger, including our own government if necessary." The story then goes on to note how most other candidates in recent decades have staged media events to show themselves using guns to hunt as a way to convince the public they are supporters of the Second Amendment. Meaningless photo ops versus real philosophical commitment: which will you choose to follow in the presidential race?

tangent4ronpaul
02-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Don't know if it's his - kinda looks like it's just been presented to him...

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/assets/images/db_images/db_photo0281.jpg

-n

joffe
02-22-2008, 03:40 AM

Big difference between 'non-violence' and 'non-aggression'. He's not like the American Gandhi or something, that's what the neocons have their sheep supporters think.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Ron Paul has such a large family with varying ages, he probably didn't own one due to the fact that even though it's important to protect your family, sometimes people feel like having firearms in the house are too dangerous with young children around.

That reminds me of a conversation I once had with someone who maintains pools for a living. I told him that, as far as children go, swimming pools were 50-100 times more dangerous than guns. He said that stat probably came from someone trying to convince me that guns aren't dangerous. I replied: "It didn't convince me that guns aren't dangerous. It only convinced me that pools are even more dangerous." There's really no shortage of things that are dangerous for young children, and they all deserve some attention and consideration. (from people, not "legislators")

Dequeant
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Either way you cut it:

Guns are a hell of a lot more dangerous to bad people than they are to good people.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
He's covered with integrity, and it's bullet-proof.
lol +1

Hawk45
02-25-2008, 02:58 AM
At one time it was hard to find a household in Texas without a gun of some sort in it.

Now as to dangers, Hitlery's motorcade has killed more people than MY guns have!