PDA

View Full Version : Effectiveness Concerns

american.swan
12-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Look I was skeptical of this blimp idea, but after reading about how effective the Goodyear blimp is at advertising, I think this blimp idea is great.

I do have a serious worry. To maximize the effect of the blimp, this thing has got to stay in the same city for like two or three days and be in the sky during rush hour traffic.

I worry this blimp will sail through cities too fast. Not even be in the air during rush hour traffic and in some cases go through cities unknown at night.

Please maximize this thing. Don't rush it around and ruin it's effectiveness.

Thanks.

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, rush hour is a good idea. :)

american.swan
12-02-2007, 01:13 AM
I would like to put this back on the front page one last time.

wisconsinite
12-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm with you on this.

If the blimp does any travel at 3 am just to get somewhere faster, it's a waste of flying time.

trueg
12-02-2007, 01:56 AM
It doesn't matter how many people actually SEE the blimp.

What matters is how many news stories it generates. The blimp should go to as many cities and events as possible.

Revolutn
12-02-2007, 02:03 AM
It doesn't matter how many people actually SEE the blimp.

What matters is how many news stories it generates. The blimp should go to as many cities and events as possible.

Uhhh.

I'm guessing you do not work in advertising or marketing.

The media coverage will be nice, but one day of media coverage isn't the goal.

We also have to take into account the fact that it's late in the year and sunset comes early, so the blimp will not be visible during the evening rush hours anywhere east of the rockies, or basically it's entire flight path.

This makes it crucial to be in the air for morning rush hours and particularly during daylight on the weekends.

Rev

wisconsinite
12-02-2007, 02:17 AM
good thinking about daylight.

rory096
12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Uhhh.

I'm guessing you do not work in advertising or marketing.

The media coverage will be nice, but one day of media coverage isn't the goal.

We also have to take into account the fact that it's late in the year and sunset comes early, so the blimp will not be visible during the evening rush hours anywhere east of the rockies, or basically it's entire flight path.

This makes it crucial to be in the air for morning rush hours and particularly during daylight on the weekends.

Rev
This is not necessarily a problem. One of the benefits of the new structure is apparently a stoplight truck, so it'll be possible to light up the blimp at night.