PDA

View Full Version : SWAT TEAM RAID OVER FTA ON TRAFFIC TICKET ? Tell me I misread this, please

mrsat_98
07-02-2014, 03:12 PM
http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/suspect-and-officers-exchange-fire-in-lrpd-swat-se/38828/XFlc7yymQUiUTK6-M9KeQA

Update (July 2):
LITTLE ROCK, AR - The Little Rock Police Department (LRPD) has released the name of the suspect arrested after exchanging gunfire with officers late Tuesday night.

Patrick Johnson, 43, is charged with eight counts of Criminal Attempt to Commit Capital Murder, Possession of Firearms by Certain Persons and Failure to Appear on a Traffic Warrant.

Police say Johnson lived at the home where the officer-involved shooting took place.

Police identify the officer who fired shots in the incident as Scott Miles, a 5-year veteran of the LRPD.

Original story (July 1, 10:45 p.m.):
LITTLE ROCK, AR – A suspect is in custody after firing at officers during a search.

According to Lt. Sidney Allen of the Little Rock Police Department, around 9 p.m. Tuesday, SWAT team officers were trying to serve a high-risk search and seizure warrant at 2706 South Washington Street.

When officers tried to get into the house, police say the suspect fired towards them and an officer fired back at the suspect.

Nobody was hurt, but the suspect was taken into custody.

Charges are pending.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-02-2014, 03:20 PM
in soviet russia, resisting kidnapping is illegal

mrsat_98
07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Thank State ! they had an excuse.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/07/01/officer-involved-shooting-in-little-rock/11953309/

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – Little Rock Police have released the name of the suspect who fired his weapon at officers Tuesday and the name of the officer who returned fire.

According to Lt. Sidney Allen, 43-year-old Patrick Johnson is now charged with eight counts of criminal attempt to commit capital murder, possession of firearms by certain persons, and a traffic warrant.

Allen told THV11 News that shortly after 9 p.m., officers of the Little Rock Police Department's SWAT team were attempting to serve a high risk search and seizure warrant for a controlled substance (cocaine) at 2706 South Washington St. As the officers were going into the home, Johnson reportedly fired his weapon in their direction. An officer apparently returned fire, but no one was struck or injured by the gunfire.

Johnson was arrested shortly after and taken to the detective offices for questioning. The department has not given word on if the officer who returned fire will be investigated.

More information will be added to this story on THV11.com as soon as it becomes available.

dannno
07-03-2014, 12:26 AM
That's actually a worse excuse, in my opinion.

mrsat_98
07-03-2014, 12:31 AM
That's actually a worse excuse, in my opinion.

Thank State ! they had an excuse.

More information will be added to this story on THV11.com as soon as it becomes available.

In Case you missed it.