PDA

View Full Version : Population reduction indoctrination on T.V.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Well since I hurt my leg badly, I've been doing something I don't normally do, watch a bit of T.V.

I watched the premier of a new show called "The Last Ship" and the premise of the story is that 80%ish of everyone on the world is dead from a virus. A navy ship with a scientist on board goes to the arctic, or something, to try to find a vaccine for the virus. And of course the Russians come to kill everybody to try to get it for themselves. And, spoiler alert, there's a 2nd scientist on the ship that is really a Russian spy. Oh noes, boogity boogity, Russia hates everybody.

Then flipped through HBO and there's another show called "The Leftovers" and it has a similar premise, but instead of a lot of people dying from a virus, they just "disappear"

Some additional themes I noticed in watching a bunch of newish T.V. shows (I guess it just comes to me since I never watch that much T.V. to begin with)
Lots of women/women minority leaders (Like presidents, mayors, etc) Both shows I watched, the acting president is a woman, and in the latter, the mayor of the town the story takes place in is a "black" woman, even though in the show only like 1% of actors shown in the town are "black". I also notice a theme in "The Leftovers" and a medical drama show called "The Nightshift" Where there's "white" people that are obnoxious, uncooperative, aggressive, and even sometimes portrayed as cooky/insane, while the majority of minority characters are portrayed as calm, intelligent, and authoritative.

Of course in "The Leftovers" the resident "gun nut" is a hick-looking trigger-happy "white" guy.

Also it seems like every newish T.V. show has a gay couple now. Not like there's anything wrong with gay people, but there's obviously some kind of agenda.

So anyway what I got from a lot of the shows is "white" men are unreasonable and violent. THOUGH in "The Last Ship" the age-old racist theme of the "Black guy dying first" remained true. (Well, main characters-wise, the actual first people to die are faceless russian soldiers)

James Madison
07-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't see how either of those shows promote population reduction. It's more likely that disaster movies have always been popular, and these programs are no different.

I agree on the second point, though. Writers today seem incapable of telling a coherent story without trying to push an agenda or comment on a current event. It comes off as preachy, unnecessary, and pretentious. It adds nothing of value to the narrative (usually it distracts), all for the writer to feel deep or profound. Blah.

PRB
07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't see how either of those shows promote population reduction.

don't be a party pooper, let them man believe his own nonsense.

HOLLYWOOD
07-02-2014, 12:45 PM
"The Last Ship" All it is.... more TV propaganda by the Marxists.

The Nationalism/Military Worship was so sickening, I couldn't even watch the entire first show. It was a copycat cross between, Josef Goebbels and Josef Stalin patriotic propaganda movies.

PS: The technical advisers, if any, should be fired, because there is so much wrong. But that usual comes with the lies out of HOLLYWOOD(Movie/TV Industry-California)