PDA

View Full Version : Hockey players shot by drunken off-duty NYPD cop plan $90 million lawsuit

Weston White
07-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Hockey players shot by drunken off-duty NYPD cop plan $90 million lawsuit

Joseph Felice and Robert Borrelli say they will sue Officer Brendan Cronin, the city and the NYPD over an April shooting in which Cronin shot at the two men as they sat in a car. The cop was allegedly drunk and was off-duty. Felice was hit six times and was only saved because Borrelli immediately drove him to the hospital, according to accounts.

Two weekend hockey players fired a $90 million legal slapshot Tuesday at an NYPD officer accused of shooting at them while he was drunk.

Joseph Felice and his teammate, Robert Borrelli, announced they intend to sue Officer Brendan Cronin, the city and the police department for the April shooting.

“Joe and I very nearly lost our lives when New York City Police Officer Brendan Cronin, armed and drunk, made the decision to try to kill us by discharging his weapon at us as we sat in my car,” an emotional Borrelli said at his lawyer’s office.

“I honestly don't know how we survived this unprovoked ambush or why he chose to single out Joe and myself for his vicious rampage.”

Felice, who works in finance and plays forward for the New Rochelle Wranglers, is still recuperating from being shot six times. So Borrelli read his statement.

“What happened to Rob and me was a random act of violence committed by a ruthless man,” Felice wrote. “This could have happened to anyone. I just happened to be coming home from winning a hockey game.”

Felice still faces numerous surgeries to repair his shoulders and arms, lawyer Randolph McLaughlin said.

Joseph Felice lies in a hospital bed with six bullet wounds after being shot by an off-duty NYPD officer April 29. Lawyers for Felice and Robert Borrelli, who was in the car with him when he was shot, say their clients will file suit over the incident.

“Frankly it's a miracle both men didn't die that day,” the lawyer said.

Then, referring to Cronin, McLaughlin added, “What was in his head?”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/men-shot-drunken-off-duty-sue-90-million-article-1.1850924

LibForestPaul
07-02-2014, 04:28 AM
An NYPD officer from Yonkers was charged with felony assault
Lets see if he will be spending:
a)40 years in prison
b)10 years in prison
c)5 years in jail
d)1 year probation

presence
07-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Lets see if he will be spending:
a)40 years in prison
b)10 years in prison
c)5 years in jail
d)1 year probation

meh... cleared of wrong doing:

a) lack of evidence and inconclusive testimony
b) citizens were disruptive and profane
c) accidental discharge
d) officer safety

Reinstate back pay, return to the beat with option to 4X pay as a blackwater merc.

http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/138887515/max_h-300+max_w-300/TBL_FLAG.JPG