PDA

View Full Version : 'No Combat Troops' Pledge Didn't Last Long

Brian4Liberty
07-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Obama is sending even more troops to Iraq. It's just a matter of time before there is some incident involving Americans, which the interventionists, world-police, war-mongers and MIC shills will use as justification for full-scale US military involvement to prop-up the al-Maliki Shiite government.

US Sending 300 More Combat Troops to Iraq
'No Combat Troops' Pledge Didn't Last Long

A week and a half ago, President Obama broke his “no boots on the ground” pledge, sending 300 military advisers to Iraq. At the time, administration officials explained it by claiming they weren’t technically combat troops, and that the pledge was simply not to send “combat troops” to Iraq.
Only 180 of the advisers are here so far, so about 800 US troops are in Iraq now, with expectations of further increases going forward, including support staff for the new combat forces and for the Joint Operations post in Baghdad, which is what the advisers are running.
More:
http://news.antiwar.com/2014/06/30/us-sending-300-combat-troops-to-iraq/

JK/SEA
07-01-2014, 11:55 AM
no boots on the ground just means they will all be riding in hummers..

thoughtomator
07-01-2014, 12:00 PM
no boots on the ground just means they will all be riding in hummers..

Here comes the Obama Gay Hummer Brigade to save the day...

acptulsa
07-01-2014, 12:10 PM
'...didn't last long'? It was over two days before he made the 'promise'. That's when the decision was made to send the 'military advisors' in--something Obama conveniently forgot to mention during his 'no boots on the ground' press conference.

But, of course, the author should know that the U.S. government hasn't considered 'military advisors' to be 'boots on the ground' since before Vietnam. Maybe all of our 'military advisors' are issued penny loafers or dance pumps or something...

Brian4Liberty
07-01-2014, 12:40 PM
But, of course, the author should know that the U.S. government hasn't considered 'military advisors' to be 'boots on the ground' since before Vietnam. Maybe all of our 'military advisors' are issued penny loafers or dance pumps or something...

That reminds me. Contractors aren't considered boots on the ground either. But they sure do count as Americans when they get killed and create a pro-war frenzy...

Such as the 2004 Fallujah ambush:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454394-2004-Fallujah-Ambush

DFF
07-01-2014, 09:40 PM
"Advisors" always come before any invasion.

Iraq 3.0 so far, is a textbook mission creep.

HOLLYWOOD
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Advisers = Mercenaries

Mercenaries = NO FOIA records

specsaregood
07-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Well I don't know about you all, but I feel much safer now; what with them over there, in Iraq, protecting my freedoms and such.

presence
07-02-2014, 07:16 AM
res ipsa loquitur

asurfaholic
07-02-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't feel sympathy for those who willingly go over there and get killed. I just wish I didnt have to support this with my hard labor

JK/SEA
07-02-2014, 09:04 AM
I don't feel sympathy for those who willingly go over there and get killed. I just wish I didnt have to support this with my hard labor

keep working...they need the money.