PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Hemingway: A Millennial Governor in N.H.?

ItsTime
07-01-2014, 07:47 AM
"With his ardent small-government views and outsider bona fides, Hemingway brings a distinctive perspective to the governor’s race here. And as a candidate born during the Reagan administration, he is offering a glimpse at how a new generation of political contenders may soon be campaigning with a different mindset than the one that often prevented their predecessors from saying much of anything interesting."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/07/01/andrew_hemingway_a_millennial_governor_in_nh.html# ixzz36DuIQtNC

Andrew's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hemingway4Gov
Andrew's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hemingway4Gov

Keith and stuff
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Andrew is a great guy. He is the only pro-liberty Republican running for governor in the nation. The was at least 1 other candidate in the nation, but he only received 9% of the vote in the Oklahoma Republican Primary for governor :( Now with just 1 candidate, hopefully liberty folks from across the country can unite and get behind this great man :)

From the article:

It is a reticence that is reflective of both a libertarian-leaning political philosophy and also his membership in an age group that is far less judgmental when it comes to personal life choices than previous generations were.

“I don’t talk about my biography at all because I don’t think the voters of New Hampshire care who you are,” he said. “I think they actually care what are you going to do and are you competent enough to do what you’re saying you’re going to do.”

In that respect, he mirrors the two leaders of the First Family of the “liberty movement”: Ron and Rand Paul, both of whom have tended to steer clear of their backgrounds in favor focusing squarely on policy while on the stump.

Like the Pauls, Hemingway opposes abortion rights, but he did not once mention that stance at the event in Ossipee, even though he has a pro-abortion rights Republican opponent.

In keeping with his philosophical grounding, Hemingway has been an active supporter of expanded legalized gambling and the decriminalization of marijuana.

ItsTime
07-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Andrew is a great guy. He is the only pro-liberty Republican running for governor in the nation. The was at least 1 other candidate in the nation, but he only received 9% of the vote in the Oklahoma Republican Primary for governor :( Now with just 1 candidate, hopefully liberty folks from across the country can unite and get behind this great man :)

From the article:

Andrew has a real chance of winning. This would be a huge lose for the establishment.

donnay
07-02-2014, 09:32 AM
He will get my vote!

Keith and stuff
07-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Andrew has a real chance of winning. This would be a huge lose for the establishment.
Absolutely. Currently there are zero pro-liberty governors in the United States. Getting one elected would prove that it could be done. Just like with getting Rand Paul elected, we proved that a pro-liberty US Senate candidate could get elected!

ItsTime
07-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Absolutely. Currently there are zero pro-liberty governors in the United States. Getting one elected would prove that it could be done. Just like with getting Rand Paul elected, we proved that a pro-liberty US Senate candidate could get elected!

I hope Rand endorses Andrew.

FSP-Rebel
07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Getting Hemingway in there is worthy of liberty donations from all across the country because that would aid Rand immensely in winning the state GOP primary on the heels of whatever happens in IA.

ItsTime
07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Getting Hemingway in there is worthy of liberty donations from all across the country because that would aid Rand immensely in winning the state GOP primary on the heels of whatever happens in IA.

Totally agree with this statement.

Almost all the Ron Paul volunteers from the county I was chair of have jumped on board for Andrew.