PDA

View Full Version : Banned from ESPN Boards for RP

thePhilosopher
12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Funny thing happened to me. I have apparently been banned from posting on ESPN message boards because I started a thread that was on Ron Paul. I'll bet the mod supports Rudy :D I received a half dozen responses to the thread either in support or asking legit questions. It came to an unfortunate end, though. Those mods are Nazis anyway.

Matthew Zak
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks, I am signing up as we speak...

Visual
12-01-2007, 04:47 PM
IP or Account banned?

Mr. White
12-01-2007, 04:47 PM
... Perhaps it's because its a f'ing ESPN board?

Matthew Zak
12-01-2007, 04:50 PM
never mind I can't navigate that mess

xerigen
12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
... Perhaps it's because its a f'ing ESPN board?

You must not be familiar with the ESPN boards. Off-topic non-sports related banter is posted there 24/7 without most of it being deleted or the users being banned. It is true that the mods are complete nazis and delete posts to fit their agenda. I was once banned for creating a thread comparing Kobe Bryant and Rip Hamilton's defensive skills, saying that Hamilton was better. Obviously the mod was a Lakers fan. Those boards are a joke and always will be.

Johncjackson
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I have never posted on ESPN boards- I just figured they were all sports related.

I do post comments on Sportsline on relevant topics with libertarian positions ( sports stars affected by gun and drug laws,etc) and get a lot of negative feedback there. A lot of people on sports boards are "non-thinkers", to be charitable.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 05:06 PM
don't go to other boards RP subjects are banned all over the internet due t these tactics, if you want to help go outside and talk to people!

thePhilosopher
12-01-2007, 05:12 PM
This was the first and last time I will ever mention RP on another message board. I am not one that makes a habit of that sort of thing. But we have had other political discussions on these kinds of ESPN boards, and people have had similar political views to my own. Feeling like I could share something with people I generally talk sports to, I did, but my account was banned (not IP).

ctb619
12-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Rip Hamilton a better defender than Kobe Bryant? I would have banned you too.

DjLoTi
12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
plz, Kobe is no superstar defender. I bet if we compared the stats of last season, RIP would have killed Kobe in D stats, and I *hate* Detroit! lol.. but that's cuz I'm a SPURS fan baby what are we.. like 14-2??? lol

ctb619
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
From what I've read, I think most in the league would disagree with you -- he is well respected by his peers for his defense -- and First Team All-Defense honors don't hurt. Then again, I'm not exactly unbiased.

DjLoTi
12-01-2007, 05:45 PM
ok, i take that back. RIP is not better then Kobe on D. It's pretty clear with the stats lol

But then again, RIP has an extremely solid D team, who on the lakers really has solid D besides Lamar Odom?

xerigen
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
The Pistons play defense by committee. If one person fails defensively, the whole team fails. It's the reason Detroit ranks in the top 3 of least amount of PPG allowed for 5 or 6 years now. Just as polls don't mean everything, neither do stats. If Rip plays solid isolation defense on Kobe for 20/24 seconds of the shot clock, and then Kobe decides to drive only to take a bad 18 foot jumper and misses, Rip gets no statistical credit. I once saw a stat on opposing field goal percentage and the person Rip is guarding does NOT shoot well at all.

Revolution9
12-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Y all oughta be banned for talking about all that beta simian sports brouhaha here. So some halfwit bozo the clown can prance around with some long legs and can chase a bouncy ball around.. Well wing dang spanky doo. Ain't that just frigging marvelous.

:D
Randy

ctb619
12-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Y all oughta be banned for talking about all that beta simian sports brouhaha here. So some halfwit bozo the clown can prance around with some long legs and can chase a bouncy ball around.. Well wing dang spanky doo. Ain't that just frigging marvelous.

:D
Randy

hahaha