PDA

View Full Version : When will the blowback debate between Ron Paul and Rudy Guilanni get deserved recognition

dude58677
06-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Most Presidential Debates are glorified for trivial matters such as the JFK-Richard Nixon debate or the Ronald Reagan-Jimmy Carter debates or the Lloyd Bensten-Dan Quayle debates. The Ron Paul-Rudy Gulianni debate over blowback had historical significance. It led to the Tea Party movement, widespread disapproval of foreign intervention in general, state nullification, gold standard in Utah, the militia standoff with the BLM, no war in Syria, defeat of Eric Cantor, blowback became an American pop culture term,etc.

Blowback was never brought up in any Presidential debate ever! Nor has non-intervention been brought up since the 1950's if I'm not mistaken.

When will we see documentaries on this debate? I would compare it to the Lincoln-Douglas debates if I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter. I don't support Lincoln but the historic significance is comparable to that debate only with war in fact the blowback debate was to stop war. So when will it get the recognition it deserves?

CPUd
06-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Most Presidential Debates are glorified for trivial matters such as the JFK-Richard Nixon debate or the Ronald Reagan-Jimmy Carter debates or the Lloyd Bensten-Dan Quayle debates. The Ron Paul-Rudy Gulianni debate over blowback had historical significance. It led to the Tea Party movement, widespread disapproval of foreign intervention in general, state nullification, gold standard in Utah, the militia standoff with the BLM, no war in Syria, defeat of Eric Cantor, blowback became an American pop culture term,etc.

Blowback was never brought up in any Presidential debate ever! Nor has non-intervention been brought up since the 1950's if I'm not mistaken.

When will we see documentaries on this debate? I would compare it to the Lincoln-Douglas debates if I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter. I don't support Lincoln but the historic significance is comparable to that debate only with war in fact the blowback debate was to stop war. So when will it get the recognition it deserves?

All those other debates involve people who got elected. Unfortunately, that's the way history works.

dude58677
06-30-2014, 11:32 PM
All those other debates involve people who got elected. Unfortunately, that's the way history works.

So then Rand Paul would have to win the Presidency?

Acala
07-01-2014, 09:03 AM
So when will it get the recognition it deserves?

When the empire falls and not a moment sooner. And maybe not even then.

Philhelm
07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
That very debate had introduced me to Ron Paul for the first time. Ghouliani was shameless in his attempt to capitalize upon 9/11.

William Tell
07-01-2014, 09:15 AM

Nobody cares about it except us, and yes, they SHOULD.

klamath
07-01-2014, 09:34 AM
It is the general election debates that go down in history. Primary debates are pretty well forgotten The only one that wasn't even really a debate question was Reagan angrily telling the debate moderator just before the 1980 NH primary "I am paying for this microphone!" when the moderator tried to turn his mic off.

alucard13mm
07-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Someone should hack and hijack network satellites and broadcast the truth. Lol like in dark angel with jessica alba.

dude58677
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Maybe there could be a documentary on this debate called "The Blowback Debate: The debate that changed America"?

ClydeCoulter
07-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Maybe there could be a documentary on this debate called "The Blowback Debate: The debate that changed America"?

Coffee?

dude58677
07-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Coffee?

Yes, dark and strong please.

acptulsa
07-01-2014, 12:56 PM
So when will it get the recognition it deserves?

Well, there are two ways this could happen.

A wise man said the victor writes the history books. So, we could win and then the academic historians will suddenly consider our road to victory relevant. Or, we could do these documentaries ourselves and post them on the internet...

Shane Harris
07-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I actually think the tea party by and large is more in Ghouliani's camp. They are not the same as the liberty movement. They agree with us far more on domestic policy. As far as I can tell they are basically a reincarnation of the religious right with a spin on fiscal responsibility, and even then only because the president has a D next to his name. I know the tea party did not originate in this way but it very quickly became this.

acptulsa
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
I actually think the tea party by and large is more in Ghouliani's camp. They are not the same as the liberty movement. They agree with us far more on domestic policy. As far as I can tell they are basically a reincarnation of the religious right with a spin on fiscal responsibility, and even then only because the president has a D next to his name. I know the tea party did not originate in this way but it very quickly became this.

The 'Tea Party' is a chimera. The 'Tea Party' is a meaningless phrase the media trots out when they want to talk about us so no one will plug 'libertarian' into their search engines and find out what it means--because they might like it. The 'Tea Party' is a boogeyman manufactured out of whole cloth to scare liberals back into line so they won't whine about cops tazing grandparents and the NSA spying on them.

Do you know anyone--anyone--who looks people in the eye and says, 'I'm a member of the Tea Party!'?

dude58677
07-01-2014, 01:08 PM

Polls show the majority of Republicans are against foreign intervention in general. Rand Paul being the GOP front runner restores the origins of the movement. I do agree that the neocons temporarily hijacked the movement but this was before Rand Paul became the GOP front runner.

HOLLYWOOD
07-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Rudy Giuliani is too busy making bank conning on the failures of his government public service.

http://kwout.com/cutout/6/ri/6b/qs2_bor.jpg (http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/booking-request.php?SpName=Rudy-Giuliani)

Rudy Giuliani Booking Agency: Contact, Fee Info for Appearances (http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/booking-request.php?SpName=Rudy-Giuliani)

The 10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers of the Past 10 Years

by Mary James (http://www.savorthesuccess.com/member/mary-james) on June 2, 2014.

http://kwout.com/cutout/f/kt/hc/36t_bor.jpg (http://www.savorthesuccess.com/blog/mary-james/the-10-highest-paid-public-speakers-of-the-past-10-years)

Mary James - The 10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers of the Past 10 Years (http://www.savorthesuccess.com/blog/mary-james/the-10-highest-paid-public-speakers-of-the-past-10-years)

If NE1 is interested in Government CLowns continuing the lies after Public Office Failures...

World Affairs Speakers - Speaker Topics - Washington Speakers Bureau (http://www.washingtonspeakers.com/topics/WorldAffairsSpeakers.cfm)

dannno
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
The Revolution will not be televised.

ClydeCoulter
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM
The 'Tea Party' is a chimera. The 'Tea Party' is a meaningless phrase the media trots out when they want to talk about us so no one will plug 'libertarian' into their search engines and find out what it means--because they might like it. The 'Tea Party' is a boogeyman manufactured out of whole cloth to scare liberals back into line so they won't whine about cops tazing grandparents and the NSA spying on them.

Do you know anyone--anyone--who looks people in the eye and says, 'I'm a member of the Tea Party!'?

Yes. And that particular group supported Santorum in 2012.

CPUd
07-01-2014, 09:19 PM

I know a few. On here, they are what people call teocons. Glenn Beck listeners. Not this Beck, but the 2012 Beck.

invisible
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM

Come on down to the capitol sometime when there's a big protest happening.

MelissaCato
07-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Forget about when we could see a past debate.

I think we should hold our position, we started this whole Constitutional debate that woke up America to the point it is politically and of course historically ... we need to get Ron Paul to run 2016 just for the 2016 Presidential Debates as a Republican. 2nd's make thirds. It's not like we are used to winning or anything. :D

Get them ALL up there and make it the 2016 Presidential Debate. Filibuster type if we have too. If history repeats it's self (like the saying goes) WE are the historic significance here. That's evident. Thank YOU Ron Paul. :p

Get it on CSPAN for the world to see LIVE.

It could happen. LOL