PDA

View Full Version : Other Laws That Could Be Ignored Now That Christians Get To Pick and Choose

Lucille
06-30-2014, 06:05 PM
The anti-choice progs (BIRM) are worried and upset. Grim (how apropos) worries about a slippery slope (suddenly), and lists eight laws that he thinks would be bad to ignore, and he includes these four among legalizing violence (in three cases), and public nudity. Nevermind the fact that the black-robed overlords made clear this was a very narrow case and should not be used as precedent, I believe peyote is legal for native ceremonies, and raw milk is legal in some states, as is hemp.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/religious-companies-opt-out-of-laws_n_5544582.html

TAXES
Most religions profess a deep affinity for peace (while drenching history in blood in the name of religion, but whatever). Why should religious pacifists be compelled to pay taxes that subsidize war? Why should Randians, believers in Atlas Shrugged, the bible for dorm-room free-market evangelists, be forced to support the evil that is government? [Sign me up!-L]

LSD
There isn't much more religious of an experience than talking directly with God. Hell, Huston Smith included a section on acid in his definitive book The World's Religions. While we're at it, all drug laws rub up against religious practice. Sorry officer, this is our church.

GROWING HEMP
If you've ever talked to a hemp evangelist, you know belief in the crop borders on the religious.

PASTEURIZED MILK
For some Amish folk, following a strict religious interpretation of "Do unto others what you would have others do unto you" means selling raw, unpasteurized milk, a practice banned under U.S. law for its potential to carry dangerous bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli and listeria.

Oh so scary!

PierzStyx
06-30-2014, 06:09 PM
What a bunch of fearmongering tools.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-30-2014, 06:56 PM
That is my main reason I hate taxes. If I go past the threshold in income I will have to do my part in bombing children overseas. No thanks :(

Paulbot99
06-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Open bigotry and fear-mongering. Nice.

I actually approve of most of the actions they're scare of. I'm not much for stoning or genital mutilation, but I'm good with tax-dodging, Amish, LSD-using hemp growers.

In fact, that sounds awesome.

presence
06-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm good with tax-dodging, Amish, LSD-using hemp growers

2nd!

Paulbot99
06-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Also, I'm good with them selling unpasteurized milk laced with LSD.

tod evans
06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Count me in with the Amish stoner squad....

otherone
06-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh so scary!

ohmergawd!
People want to do stuff!
GET THEM!!!!

cajuncocoa
06-30-2014, 07:57 PM
They hate us for our freedoms.

Paulbot99
06-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Count me in with the Amish stoner squad....

A new religion. :)

I move we make Ron Paul one of our prophets. He predicted much of what was to come.

Brett85
06-30-2014, 08:27 PM
"Why should religious pacifists be compelled to pay taxes that subsidize war? Why should Randians, believers in Atlas Shrugged, the bible for dorm-room free-market evangelists, be forced to support the evil that is government?"

Sounds good to me.

Dianne
06-30-2014, 08:35 PM
The anti-choice progs (BIRM) are worried and upset. Grim (how apropos) worries about a slippery slope (suddenly), and lists eight laws that he thinks would be bad to ignore, and he includes these four among legalizing violence (in three cases), and public nudity. Nevermind the fact that the black-robed overlords made clear this was a very narrow case and should not be used as precedent, I believe peyote is legal for native ceremonies, and raw milk is legal in some states, as is hemp.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/religious-companies-opt-out-of-laws_n_5544582.html

Oh so scary!

LOL at Huffington Post ... Obamacare isn't really a law; it's lawlessness .. We will monitor Huffington Post carefully to be sure they are providing abortions, and morning after pills to their staffs without hesitation ... OH? What say you? Huffington Post writers are independent contractors for which the Rag doesn't have to provide any benefits? How convenient ..... How very convenient !!!

AuH20
06-30-2014, 08:42 PM
I thought Progs were pro-choice? So what is it? LOL

acptulsa
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
LOL at Huffington Post ... Obamacare isn't really a law; it's lawlessness .. We will monitor Huffington Post carefully to be sure they are providing abortions, and morning after pills to their staffs without hesitation ... OH? What say you? Huffington Post writers are independent contractors for which the Rag doesn't have to provide any benefits? How convenient ..... How very convenient !!!

They're progs. You're supposed to do what they say, not do as they do.

When will we ever learn?

Paulbot99
06-30-2014, 08:48 PM
I thought Progs were pro-choice? So what is it? LOL

http://truthinreligionandpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/peanuts.jpeg

ChristianAnarchist
06-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Lets just ignore all laws...

oyarde
06-30-2014, 11:52 PM
I agree , it is a violation of my religion to pay any Fed tax not in Article One , Section Eight .

PRB
07-01-2014, 12:07 AM
you'd think these people actually read the ruling, which specifically says that the religious exemption is LIMITED TO CONTRACEPTION, meaning, the court isn't prepared to use it for even other health claims, much less non-health mandates.

oyarde
07-01-2014, 12:12 AM
you'd think these people actually read the ruling, which specifically says that the religious exemption is LIMITED TO CONTRACEPTION, meaning, the court isn't prepared to use it for even other health claims, much less non-health mandates.

Yeah I know , but there are many of these ticks who feel others are obligated to pay for this for them. This country is doomed .

tod evans
07-01-2014, 05:23 AM
Yeah I know , but there are many of these ticks who feel others are obligated to pay for this for them. This country is doomed .

There was another thread where this mentality was quoted and it just kind of clicked for me...

Many folks use the term "rights" when they actually mean "entitlement" and the scary part is they actually believe that some edict that entitles them to public lucre is their "right"...

Origanalist
07-01-2014, 07:05 AM
There was another thread where this mentality was quoted and it just kind of clicked for me...

Many folks use the term "rights" when they actually mean "entitlement" and the scary part is they actually believe that some edict that entitles them to public lucre is their "right"...

Lol, the word doesn't mean what it used to does it? How many words have the marxists hi-jacked now?