PDA

View Full Version : Peter Joseph sums it up perfectly

Boshembechle
06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Scarcity is a manmade phenomena

Our entire system, in an economic sense, is based on restriction. Scarcity and inefficiency are the movers of money; the more there is of any resource the less you can charge for it. The more problems there are, the more opportunities there are to make money.

This reality is a social disease, for people can actually gain off the misery of others and the destruction of the environment. Efficiency, abundance and sustainability are enemies of our economic structure, for they are inverse to the mechanics required to perpetuate consumption.

This is profoundly critical to understand, for once you put this together you begin to see that the one billion people currently starving on this planet, the endless slums of the poor and all the horrors of a culture due to poverty and pravity are not natural phenomenon due to some natural human order or lack of earthly resources. They are products of the creation, perpetuation and preservation of artificial scarcity and inefficiency.”

NewRightLibertarian
06-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Peter Joseph is a charlatan, and nothing he has to say is worthwhile. Piss on this cult leader and his flock of deranged subhuman retards known as the Zeitgeist Movement or Venus Project or whatever they've rebranded themselves as nowadays.

Boshembechle
06-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Peter Joseph is absolutely correct that scarcity is man-made. For example, we could easily be producing MILLIONS of more cars than we already do, but because many people (often with first names of Latoya, Juan, Carlos, Jerome etc) are not demanding them because they simply do not have the money, those millions of cars are not being produced.

anaconda
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Scarcity exists because people, with few exceptions, will always prefer to consume more.

dannno
06-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Peter Joseph is absolutely correct that scarcity is man-made. For example, we could easily be producing MILLIONS of more cars than we already do, but because many people (often with first names of Latoya, Juan, Carlos, Jerome etc) are not demanding them because they simply do not have the money, those millions of cars are not being produced.

There is a lot of unseen economic activity that occurs that you are missing out on in your car example. First of all, money is wholly worthless except as a substitute for stored value that can be traded.

In other words, if you printed the money and gave it to poor people to buy cars, then prices on cars will go up.....but it doesn't end there, because the people who sell the cars now have more money and they go spend it and the price of other good and services go up. So when those people you gave the money to go out and buy an expensive car, they may find that their food and energy costs have gone up and they will ultimately be worse off than they were before.

The key to producing more cars is not to print up more worthless currency, the key to producing more cars is to make it more efficient and less costly to do so using automation and technology, lowering taxes and regulations.. the first part about technology and efficiency are things that Peter Joseph does advocate and I do find a lot of agreement with him on that.

Peter Joseph is a charlatan, and nothing he has to say is worthwhile. Piss on this cult leader and his flock of deranged subhuman retards known as the Zeitgeist Movement or Venus Project or whatever they've rebranded themselves as nowadays.

This response does little to enlighten anybody...

Feeding the Abscess
06-30-2014, 05:24 PM
OP:

>post about consumerism harming the environment
>bitch about more cars not being produced

Seems legit.

Boshembechle
06-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I have never posted about the environment. I want an economy producing at the highest production levels possible, so that scarcity, need, and unemployment are non-existent. With the current system, economic activity is restricted because market forces force poor people not to demand a good.

Like I said, we could be producing MILLIONS of more goods of each type (houses, cars, hospitals, apples, corn, milk), but we don't, for prices lower demand.

dannno
06-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Like I said, we could be producing MILLIONS of more goods of each type (houses, cars, hospitals, apples, corn, milk), but we don't, for prices lower demand.

You ALWAYS seem to skip addressing my posts and bail out if I scream about it. Are you going to face up to facts this time?

Henry Rogue
06-30-2014, 05:50 PM
I have never posted about the environment. I want an economy producing at the highest production levels possible, so that scarcity, need, and unemployment are non-existent. With the current system, economic activity is restricted because market forces force poor people not to demand a good.

Yes you did. From your original post.

This reality is a social disease, for people can actually gain off the misery of others and the destruction of the environment.

Boshembechle
06-30-2014, 05:55 PM
There is a lot of unseen economic activity that occurs that you are missing out on in your car example. First of all, money is wholly worthless except as a substitute for stored value that can be traded.

In other words, if you printed the money and gave it to poor people to buy cars, then prices on cars will go up.....but it doesn't end there, because the people who sell the cars now have more money and they go spend it and the price of other good and services go up. So when those people you gave the money to go out and buy an expensive car, they may find that their food and energy costs have gone up and they will ultimately be worse off than they were before.

The key to producing more cars is not to print up more worthless currency, the key to producing more cars is to make it more efficient and less costly to do so using automation and technology, lowering taxes and regulations.. the first part about technology and efficiency are things that Peter Joseph does advocate and I do find a lot of agreement with him on that.

More money in the hands of people increases demands, which raises prices, which signals to car producers to produce more cars. This is basic economics, and it is why Keynesian economics is so important in times of bust. You need that increased demand to keep production levels high.

I am far more radical than Keynes, though. A complete abolishment of the price system would see production levels BALLOON upwards.

Petar
06-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Coming from the guy who can't even produce a cogent thought...

NewRightLibertarian
06-30-2014, 06:35 PM
These Zeitgeist people are in a cult. Cut through their incoherent technobabble, and you can see they advocate an ultra-powerful one world government to stomp out individual rights.

Kotin
06-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Lol I have never seen a member with more than one red neg rep bar..

Boshembechle
06-30-2014, 06:44 PM
These Zeitgeist people are in a cult. Cut through their incoherent technobabble, and you can see they advocate an ultra-powerful one world government to stomp out individual rights.They understand the downright stupidity of currency based economies.