PDA

View Full Version : Porcfest?

John F Kennedy III
06-30-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm hearing Cantwell is banned and there will be armed checkpoints. Is this true?

pcosmar
06-30-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm hearing Cantwell is banned and there will be armed checkpoints. Is this true?

Had not heard,, but did a little searching..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkcEcK-T4Qo#t=323

specsaregood
06-30-2014, 01:51 PM

You mean next year?

Philhelm
06-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Oh...I was hoping "Porcfest" meant something else.

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 03:41 PM

Cantwell was banned in person but was at PorcFest via the Internet. He seemed to have a great time at PorcFest, as did everyone else. As for the security at PorcFest; yes, there are 100s of armed people. After all, the is the largest outdoor pro-liberty gathering on Earth!

FSP-Rebel
06-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah, Cantwell is currently under bannishment for his statements that the FSP doesn't want to be apart of. That said, I believe CopBlock doesn't want ties with him either.

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Had not heard,, but did a little searching..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkcEcK-T4Qo#t=323

Josie spoke at PorcFest and Larken Rose was on at least 2 panels, if not more. I cannot think of a single liberty person in the global liberty movement that was purposefully excluded from PorcFest. It was the most welcoming liberty event of 2014, by far!

pcosmar
06-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Josie spoke at PorcFest and Larken Rose was on at least 2 panels, if not more. I cannot think of a single liberty of the global liberty movement that was purposefully excluded from PorcFest. It was the most welcoming liberty event of 2014, by far!

I read otherwise. Some guy named Cantwell is Banned and Unwelcome due to some controversial remarks.. The Same exact argument and statements have been repeated by many.

Seems it is a reality, and yet an unsettling subject.

Oh,, and there was talk of Armed Checkpoints,, to keep out undesirables? (but that was speculation)

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
I read otherwise. Some guy named Cantwell is Banned and Unwelcome due to some controversial remarks.. The Same exact argument and statements have been repeated by many.

Seems it is a reality, and yet an unsettling subject.

Oh,, and there was talk of Armed Checkpoints,, to keep out undesirables? (but that was speculation)
Cantwell spoke at PorcFest via the Internet. That is a fact. Cantwell lives in New Hampshire and loves it here. Sorry if someone disagrees with him.

As for 100s of armed people at PorcFest, that is reality. If you don't want people to be armed, you may try to kill them but my guess is that might not work out and anyways, I don't recommend it ;)

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Yeah, Cantwell is currently under bannishment for his statements that the FSP doesn't want to be apart of. That said, I believe CopBlock doesn't want ties with him either.

Cantwell moved to New Hampshire and loves it. Both of the founders of CopBlock also live in New Hampshire and love it. Heck, even Josie moved to New Hampshire and loves it.

pcosmar
06-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Cantwell spoke at PorcFest via the Internet. That is a fact. Cantwell lives in New Hampshire and loves it here. Sorry if someone disagrees with him.

As for 100s of armed people at PorcFest, that is reality. If you don't want people to be armed, you may try to kill them but my guess is that might not work out and anyways, I don't recommend it ;)

Well someone had asked.. I was posting what I heard,, I am not there.

The idea that a "liberty event" would ban someone,,for comments is rather disconcerting.

I had not been following it,, perhaps it was eventually resolved..

edit.

http://aymfl.com/libertarian/fsp-cantwell

Dear Chris,

The FSP Board met last night to discuss your situation and what to do. Our decision is stated below, which includes our reasoning.

Whereas Chris Cantwell has made the following public statements, been offered the opportunity to retract, and has refused to do so: “It’s a terribly unpopular thing to say, but the answer, at some point, is to kill government agents,” and “any level of force necessary for anyone to stop any government agent from furthering said coercion [tax collection in the context of funding the salaries of all government employees] is morally justifiable…”

Whereas the FSP Board believes this view exceeds the right of self-defense

Whereas the Policy and Procedure for Removing Participants (passed 7/11/04) states:

Participants may be removed for promoting violence, racial hatred, or bigotry. Participants who are deemed detrimental to the accomplishment of the Free State Project’s goals may also be removed.

Therefore, according to the Policy and Procedure for Removing Participants, the FSP Board removes Chris Cantwell as a participant and declares him unwelcome to attend FSP-organized events.

In peace and liberty,

Jody

for the FSP Board

I have been looking for news that it was resolved,, but all I have found is folks talking about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/29f5yn/porcfest_sets_up_checkpoint_searches_premises_for/

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Well someone had asked.. I was posting what I heard,, I am not there.

The idea that a "liberty event" would ban someone,,for comments is rather disconcerting.

I had not been following it,, perhaps it was eventually resolved..

It wasn't just several crazy comments. He physically assaulted a lady and drove drunk, including damaging private property.

tod evans
06-30-2014, 04:31 PM
It wasn't just several crazy comments. He physically assaulted a lady and drove drunk, including damaging private property.

What EXACTLY did this entail?

Way too often things get blown so far out of proportion it's not funny and your wording leads me to believe this may be one of those instances...

pcosmar
06-30-2014, 04:36 PM

And I heard that he damaged a trash can and paid $5 and settled it. and that was last year.

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Way too often things get blown so far out of proportion it's not funny and your wording leads me to believe this may be one of those instances...

Perhaps it was. Either way. He attended PorcFest via the Internet and had a great time. Everyone else had a great time. Plus, he moved to NH and loves it here. Everyone is happy and healthy. God Bless!

tod evans
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
And I heard that he damaged a trash can and paid $5 and settled it. and that was last year.

Damaging private property=denting a garbage can.....:rolleyes:

Makes me wonder what constitutes "assault"?

pcosmar
Some people are really scared of the realities of the Second Amendment,, and it's purpose for existence.

It is hard to discuss the legitimate use of force even here.

tod evans
Perhaps it was. Either way. He attended PorcFest via the Internet and had a great time. Everyone else had a great time. Plus, he moved to NH and loves it here. Everyone is happy and healthy. God Bless!

Does this mean you don't know either?

pcosmar
06-30-2014, 04:50 PM
They don't want to talk about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cElTyqJkMEw

Acala
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM

It was a really nice garbage can.

Keith and stuff
06-30-2014, 06:28 PM

Don't know what? Chris was at PorcFest via the internet. He currently lives in Keene, NH in a house owned by a friend of his. Chris seems like a nice guy that really wants attention and is using the attention to make money off of the controversy he creates. In that way, he seems like a mainstream media reporter, but with principles.

tod evans
06-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Don't know what? Chris was at PorcFest via the internet. He currently lives in Keene, NH in a house owned by a friend of his. Chris seems like a nice guy that really wants attention and is using the attention to make money off of the controversy he creates. In that way, he seems like a mainstream media reporter, but with principles.

Well Pete addressed the "damage to private property" and possibly the drunk driving allegations so the only remaining query in regards to your statement earlier is concerning the alleged "assault" on a woman..

I know nothing about this, do you?

John F Kennedy III
07-01-2014, 12:56 AM
A person was banned from attending a liberty event. Doesn't that seem ass backwards to you?

John F Kennedy III
07-01-2014, 01:02 AM

Chris was not at Porcfest. The internet is not some magic teleportation device.

Acala
07-01-2014, 08:21 AM
A person was banned from attending a liberty event. Doesn't that seem ass backwards to you?

Not at all. The organizer of an event needs to take into account the goals of the event and the interests of all the people. Liberty doesn't mean no rules, ever, anywhere.

pcosmar
07-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Not at all. The organizer of an event needs to take into account the goals of the event and the interests of all the people. Liberty doesn't mean no rules, ever, anywhere.

This is true.. But stifling liberty is not going to promote liberty.
And several notable voices have commented on this as well..

It is a valid and important discussion.. One that many seem to shy away from. and one that was on full display (peacefully) this year at the Bundy Ranch,, and will likely be repeated with varying results in the near future. If the organizers of Porcfest want it to be anything more that a private party,, they will need to come to grips with reality.

Keith and stuff
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM

I'm not even sure if I understand the question. The Porcupine Freedom Festival was designed as a way to get people to check out New Hampshire, in hopes that they join the Free State Project. http://freestateproject.org/Join Since Chris was removed as a participant of the Free State Project due to not being qualified to be a participant, he cannot join the Free State Project. Plus, he already moved to New Hampshire anyway, so it would be a waste of effort to try to encourage him to move to NH. Which means he isn't part of the audience the FSP is trying to reach with PorcFest. Since space and services are limited at PorcFest, it is great that Chris didn't try to physically attend. But it was great of him to Skype into the event.

Here is an example of the limited space. Several of these tents and buildings were completely full during some of the talks and people had to stand or sit outside of the venues to attempt to attend the events.
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10462962_748398701870045_5518058552730502211_n.jpg

John F Kennedy III
07-01-2014, 01:27 PM
It seems Pete and I are the only two not dancing around the subject.

Acala
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
This is true.. But stifling liberty is not going to promote liberty.
And several notable voices have commented on this as well..

It is a valid and important discussion.. One that many seem to shy away from. and one that was on full display (peacefully) this year at the Bundy Ranch,, and will likely be repeated with varying results in the near future. If the organizers of Porcfest want it to be anything more that a private party,, they will need to come to grips with reality.

I have no opinion as to whether or not it is a good decision to ban this guy or even if he was banned. My statement simply was to rebut the idea that ANY ban is somehow anti-liberty. It isn't. People have a right to associate or not with whomever they like for whatever reason they like. The concept of liberty has nothing whatsoever to say about how people choose to organize their private events.

Acala
07-01-2014, 02:19 PM
It seems Pete and I are the only two not dancing around the subject.

You seemed to be saying that ANY ban was inconsistent with liberty. That isn't what Pete is saying as far as I can tell.

specsaregood
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I guess this thread has lived long enough for me to ask: who? and why should we care?

pcosmar
07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
You seemed to be saying that ANY ban was inconsistent with liberty. That isn't what Pete is saying as far as I can tell.

No,, they are free to do so.. and I am free to have an opinion about it.
Their reasoning(stated) behind Banning him. That is what causes me concern.

And is apparently a discussion that needs to be had.

pcosmar
07-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I guess this thread has lived long enough for me to ask: who? and why should we care?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkcEcK-T4Qo

specsaregood
07-01-2014, 03:13 PM
So you can't sum it up in a couple sentences? I'm not gonna watch a 9minute video to answer what should only take a couple lines.

muzzled dogg
07-01-2014, 03:15 PM
i had a great time

pcosmar
07-01-2014, 03:29 PM
So you can't sum it up in a couple sentences? I'm not gonna watch a 9minute video to answer what should only take a couple lines.

Ah,,
I thought you were just trolling,,

It has to do with discussions about Legitimate use of Force. The logical reality of the 2nd amendment. The purpose it was written for.

Those people have spoken on the subject as well,, But the subject is not to be discussed.

That is what this thread is about.. The liberty Community and the 2nd Amendment.

Keith and stuff
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Here is a 2 min. and 40 sec. video about PorcFest. It features both of the people in the above video and Chris Cantwell speaking at PorcFest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBshnffzYjo

specsaregood
07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Here is a 2 min. and 40 sec. video about PorcFest. It features both of the people in the above video and Chris Cantwell speaking at

Well that was 2 min. and40sec I wish I had back. I still have no clue as to who the hell this guy is and why I should care if he was banned or not. I guess he is some blogger. It doesn't appear that he has a wiki page devoted to him, so I guess he is just some random internet guy.

Is this thread just some stunt promotional thread to try to get him hits?

TheCount
07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Well that was 2 min. and40sec I wish I had back. I still have no clue as to who the hell this guy is and why I should care if he was banned or not. I guess he is some blogger. It doesn't appear that he has a wiki page devoted to him, so I guess he is just some random internet guy.

Whereas Chris Cantwell has made the following public statements, been offered the opportunity to retract, and has refused to do so: “It’s a terribly unpopular thing to say, but the answer, at some point, is to kill government agents,” and “any level of force necessary for anyone to stop any government agent from furthering said coercion [tax collection in the context of funding the salaries of all government employees] is morally justifiable…”

Therefore, according to the Policy and Procedure for Removing Participants, the FSP Board removes Chris Cantwell as a participant and declares him unwelcome to attend FSP-organized events.

specsaregood
07-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks count. I guess this guy must have some type of following and he's not just some guy yelling into the wilderness?

TheCount
07-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks count. I guess this guy must have some type of following and he's not just some guy yelling into the wilderness?

I honestly have no idea. I just googled his name.

Keith and stuff
07-01-2014, 04:12 PM

That is certainly possible. He makes money by cursing and saying controversial stuff on his blog. Well, he makes money off of the ads on his blog.

Acala
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Since the Free State Project (and also this forum) appears to me (an unaffiliated observer) to be pursuing electoral politics as a route to reclaim liberty, I can see why it might choose to limit association with folks advocating violent resistance. And I think it can make that decision without necessarily rejecting the moral or even practical basis of the alternative they are choosing not to pursue in the context of their organization. Just as Ron Paul chose not to advocate violent revolution while running for office.

Not EVERY message belongs on EVERY stage.

pcosmar
07-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Just as Ron Paul chose not to advocate violent revolution while running for office.

Not EVERY message belongs on EVERY stage.

And yet he did advocate the 2nd Amendment and Constitutional militia,, as well as civil disobedience.

And no one is advocating Violent Overthrow here.
just the point at which Self Defense requires the use of arms.

The Legitimate use of Force.